Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

New KaM Remake Demo r2411

<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 10 Dec 2011, 01:49

1. Army/building shortcut: like other rpg game, we can assign an shortcut key to a building/army. That's should be pretty convenient.
That's already on our todo list :) (CTRL + 1 sets the group to hotkey 1, just pressing 1 selected that group)
2. Army search: when we press a particular key (e.g. ',') it sequentially focus to the leader of each group of soldiers. I once had a group of axe man stayed on the upper edge of the map and had no way to gain control of them. Another occasion is that a single archer stay behind a tree, it could be done by watching closely at the map but not easy.
I'd never thought of that before, but it could be done. Was that group of axemen in the Remake? Because it should never happen in the Remake, that "bug" was only in KaM.
3. Fishes: I think that having unlimited amount of fish should be better. One way is to increase number fishes overtime.
Hope you understand me; my English is not really good.
That's on our ideas list. Of course it would mess up the balance in the campaign missions because you would have access to more food. I had an idea for making fish populations grow as they would in the wild, meaning if you have a lot of fish they will produce more, but if you only have a few it will take longer for the population to grow. This would make it possible to overfish and kill entire populations. But it's just an idea, it needs to be thought about and discussed. It might not work well that way.
I understood you fine :)
Lewin.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 10 Dec 2011, 10:18

That's on our ideas list. Of course it would mess up the balance in the campaign missions because you would have access to more food. I had an idea for making fish populations grow as they would in the wild, meaning if you have a lot of fish they will produce more, but if you only have a few it will take longer for the population to grow. This would make it possible to overfish and kill entire populations. But it's just an idea, it needs to be thought about and discussed. It might not work well that way.
I understood you fine Smile
Lewin.
Brilliant and very realistic, I like it!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Dec 2011, 02:48

I like that idea. Overfishing and such. Still, There should be a "limit" depending on the size of the body of water, don't you think?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 11 Dec 2011, 06:00

I like that idea. Overfishing and such. Still, There should be a "limit" depending on the size of the body of water, don't you think?
Yes certainly. The might be a rule like "maximum 1 fish every 10 tiles of water". But as I said it would mean there's a lot more food available which would change the balance in singleplayer. We'll see.
This topic is now locked due to the release of the 3rd Multiplayer Demo r2678. Please continue discussions in the new thread.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”