<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 14 Oct 2011, 11:51

KaM Remake Website and Trailer

Hi everyone,
I have a surprise for you, the KaM Remake has a new website!!

www.kamremake.com

We also have a new contact address. All KaM Remake related emails can be sent to:
contact@kamremake.com

As you can see we now have Facebook and Twitter pages, as well as a Youtube channel run by Shadaoe. Take a look at his first video, a trailer for the KaM Remake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjBwh0LLUFk

The site hosting and mailserver was made possible by Bur, the admin of the Russian fansite kamclub.ru, so many thanks to him for his generous assistance!

I hope you like it, please give feedback and follow us on our social networking pages :)
Lewin and Krom.
P.S. The demo should be released this weekend! Stay tuned.
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 14 Oct 2011, 12:40

Look at the top right of the banner.

There is a new building on the way :)
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 14 Oct 2011, 13:45

And look at the trailer, you'll have more details about this building :p

The website is very useful to have a place with all infos centralized !
I'm excited about the next demo :p
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 14 Oct 2011, 16:31

This is totally awesome.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 14 Oct 2011, 16:36

Ehm, about that you need TPR, I have TPR installed on another comp but on my comp, it cannot install.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 14 Oct 2011, 17:44

As I suspected it is some kind of trade building. The building icon gave it away. :D
And I see my village has been perpetuated! :P

This is nice, I hope it will attract a lot of players.
<<

Encaitar

Lance Carrier

Post 14 Oct 2011, 17:45

I'm following this project for a long time, but didn't have the need to say something (so i did not create an account). Great project though, brings back all the memories of good old times playing KaM :D!

But now it came into my mind that the site is somewhat to bright and white. Maybe it's good to download a medieval related wordpress theme, so that your site fits to the theme of the game (to give an example, something like this: gfxedit.c0m/themes/wordpress/davinci-code-wordpress-theme.html).
P.S. The demo should be released this weekend! Stay tuned.
I will :D

P.S. Sorry for the link, i can't post it as it should yet (just one post). Just put www in front and change the c0m into com
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 14 Oct 2011, 22:13

Guys, you have truly outdone yourselves. This has made my week!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 15 Oct 2011, 03:10

Ehm, about that you need TPR, I have TPR installed on another comp but on my comp, it cannot install.
Well can't you just install it on your computer? TPR installs fine on Windows 7 etc as far as I've seen. Worst case you could buy it from Good Old Games for $6 then you will have a proper EXE installer for TPR that can be easily installed on as many computers as you like! I recommend the Good Old Games version because: it's cheap, they let you install it as many times as you like, and I think they are a great website.
Let me explain why we have done it this way: If ZuXXeZ (KaM publishers and copyright owners) found our project, and we were releasing it as an installer that does not check for KaM, they would tell us to stop or sue us.
Instead, we are calling it a "mod" because it cannot be installed without KaM TPR and it uses most of the original game files anyway. (although these are provided by our installer because there are so many different language/versions around that copying them is not possible) If non-KaM players find our project and want to install it, they can buy TPR from Good Old Games and then install ours. This means ZuXXeZ still receives profit and their copyright material/idea is only being used in a "mod" of their game. In fact, our project is probably in their interest because hopefully they will sell more copies to people wanting to install our game :)
I hope you understand, I'm not 100% happy about doing it this way but it would break my heart if our project was shut down.
And I see my village has been perpetuated! :P
lol yeah we loaded some saved games I had to make the multiplayer part of the trailer, I hope you guys don't mind :P
But now it came into my mind that the site is somewhat to bright and white. Maybe it's good to download a medieval related wordpress theme, so that your site fits to the theme of the game (to give an example, something like this: gfxedit.c0m/themes/wordpress/davinci-code-wordpress-theme.html).
I agree with you, it is kind of modern and bright. I installed and previewed the site in that theme but to be honest I prefer the way it looks in the current one.
Maybe we'll think about changing it later.
Thanks for the feedback and compliments :)
Guys, you have truly outdone yourselves. This has made my week!
Thank you! :D
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 15 Oct 2011, 08:39

hm, strange seems like it installed without the need to try again. I didn't try and install it since my comp had crashed and got fixed. Maybe some other problems were also fixed.
Thank you guys!
<<

Litude

King Karolus

Post 15 Oct 2011, 10:06

The website looks great, can't wait to see what you guys got in store for the next demo! Also I think the layout as it currently is looks good. It's clean and doesn't distract you by having stuff all over, making it easy to find what you're looking for pretty quickly.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 16 Oct 2011, 15:01

The files are up! :o
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 16 Oct 2011, 15:12

I noticed, I saw the tweet saying Lewin was uploading the files, hehe.
Downloading takes ages though. :/
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 16 Oct 2011, 15:16

I'm just about to try it out :D
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 16 Oct 2011, 15:31

The installation wizard detected that you do not have Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion installed. You must have the original game installed in order to play the KaM Remake. The installation will be aborted.
AHEM?!

Nah I know why it says that. I installed TPR on my computer and just copy-pasted it to my laptop. I guess that's why it doesn't recognise TPR. This is quite annoying though.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”