Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM Remake -> Multiplayer Matches (now Saturdays)

<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Oct 2011, 06:53

Which map?
ThreeContinents
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 11 Oct 2011, 11:44

So, guys: I told you about my failing cousin.

My brother has made a rage comic about our game last night, so you can share our feelings better :D. I lolled when I saw this:

<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 11 Oct 2011, 15:19

Haha hilarious :D
<<

xzaz

Barbarian

Post 11 Oct 2011, 17:21

OP Is fa.. o wait. Muahhahah nice one :D
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 15 Oct 2011, 10:37

There is not much progress. The first picture is how it was, the second picture is how it is now.
I decided to name the map 'Warfare in the Wilderness'.

A little update...

I'll make a new topic next time because it doesn't really belong here. Since there is already a map called 'Wilderness' I'm hesitating if I should name my map differently (I was planning on naming it 'Warfare in the Wilderness'). Does anyone have a suggestion?
<<

xzaz

Barbarian

Post 15 Oct 2011, 10:40

It sure is a Wilderness so why not, name suites the map :)
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 15 Oct 2011, 10:42

Wasteland Warfare
What is the size of that map?
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 15 Oct 2011, 11:08

It sure is a Wilderness so why not, name suites the map :)
Yes I thought so too, I really can't think of anything else that suits the map just as good.

@GWB The map size is 192 x 144.
The word wasteland makes me think of a desert or a volcanic area so in that aspect it doesn't really fit in, but thanks for thinking with me. :)

If nobody cares that a map with 'Wilderness' in it already exists I'll just leave it Warfare in the Wilderness.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 15 Oct 2011, 11:23

anybody up for a match right now?

I will try to get my new 176x176 map done by 8pm but cannot promise anything.
<<

ZOLTAN

Axe Fighter

Post 17 Oct 2011, 17:56

what about you guys?
did you play last weekend?
was the next demo released at that time?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 18 Oct 2011, 04:19

what about you guys?
did you play last weekend?
was the next demo released at that time?
Yes we did play. The demo was not released, but I sent a Release Candidate to everyone who joined the IRC channel and we tested that. We found a few bugs (most importantly a server crash) which were fixed in time for the release! :)
We had some awesome battles that Shadaoe recorded, so look out for them on Youtube this week.

I'll certainly be doing RCs again for big releases, it was great to get those last few bugs fixed. I don't think I'll publish the link to the RCs in case people think it's an official release and don't bother updating to the full version a few days later, but I'm happy to give it to people in private (e.g. the IRC channel or if I am contacted directly)
Also if the masses get hold of it it might make it harder to test it in a controlled way. (last weekend I was asking people in IRC to do specific things, e.g. spam my server with join requests to crash it)
Lewin.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 19 Oct 2011, 22:18

Hey guys, I've never played online yet so I just wanted to ask a few questions...

1. What happened to Three Continents? :O

2. Is "Local Server" for a LAN game and "Internet Server" for an online game?

3. Do you need to have a port open in order to host any kind of game? I ask this because I'm having a bit of trouble with ports at the moment :(

Alternatively, could me and a friend both join a server that has 0 players, and the first one to join would essentially become the host?
<<

xzaz

Barbarian

Post 19 Oct 2011, 22:55

Hey guys, I've never played online yet so I just wanted to ask a few questions...

1. What happened to Three Continents? :O
Lewin changed the map name I Thought, it it now "Accross the desert" I'm not sure though, Lewin can tell you more about this.
Yes, Local Server is for LAN games, the LAN Game is going to be on top in the list. You can also join the LAN server by filling in the Host IP Address.
(this is going to changed in the future, their will be 2 different tabs, one for LAN Games and one for Internet Games)
3. Do you need to have a port open in order to host any kind of game? I ask this because I'm having a bit of trouble with ports at the moment :(
For internet Play Yes you should forward your point, if you got any problems forwarding your port come @ the IRC Channel #kamremake (see also www.kamremake.com for more information about hosting a server.)
Alternatively, could me and a friend both join a server that has 0 players, and the first one to join would essentially become the host?
Yes, the first one can choose the map and kick players.
<<

Danjb

Sword Fighter

Post 19 Oct 2011, 23:10

Great, thanks for the info.

I would probably be able to forward a port (I've had to do it for Minecraft), but at the moment I'm stuck at literally the first hurdle; I can't seem to access my own router settings. I know how it's usually done but it's a new router and it just doesn't want to work :/
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 19 Oct 2011, 23:31

Lewin changed the map name I Thought, it it now "Accross the desert" I'm not sure though, Lewin can tell you more about this.
In multiplayer the map is known as "Three Continents" but in the single player TPR menu it's called "Across the Desert". I went with the latter name because when I was uploading maps to play in the old release (r2087) I accidentally called Border Rivers three continents. I thought it would be less confusing for people.
The difference between the two is that "Internet Server" will publish your server to our "master server" so other people can see your server in the list. (if you have ports forwarded correctly)
You can still play online using "Local Server" if you have ports forwarded and people type in the IP address/port by hand.
That's by far the easiest option. Only downsides are you might get slightly higher ping and other players might try to join you. (but you can kick them out)
Lewin.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”