No
No votes

Total votes : 0
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Nov 2016, 19:46

Re: Decrease soldiers' feed limit

@Ben: If you have hungry units in a group, chances are that other units are at different conditions too and some might get hungry in a minute or two or ten.
I'm not saying that we only have a button to feed hungry. I am saying we have two buttons (or same button with SHIFT+CLICK or something): one for feeding all, one for feeding (very) hungry.

Also, you are very mistaken if you believe that soldiers will have a similar condition within a unit. In multiplayer or very difficult single player missions, you replace soldiers a lot, and after dividing/ linking units up, you end up with a very mixed group indeed!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 12 Nov 2016, 17:32

So we have almost 50/50 now.

I voted for this change and argumented why, as well as vovets do.

But the opposite opinion has no other arguments except equa's "more such as making the game easier..." which is not a point, IMHO. For example, Ben agreed with this point, but want to make feed button options, or feed only hungry units etc, which is ofcause will make game easier. Actually I was thinking the same thing about Shift+Feed to feed only hungry units - but Krom said may be its too big change, so we decided just to reduce feed limit from 75% to 50% instead.

Anyway I personally think smth should be done with current feed situation - "smart" button, like Ben proposed, or decrease feed limit. I know there a lot of ppl who want "to be evrthing like it is right now, I do not like any changes", but I do not think this is a proper approach, one time in 4 years we can have some changes, don't we ?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Nov 2016, 21:15

"Smart" feeding (I like the term) is not about making the game easier per say. It's about making the game more playable. Right now, feeding is so ridiculously tedious that feeding units essentially unpractical.
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 12 Nov 2016, 22:41

@Ben 100% agree, its ridiculously hard to feed army now. Mb we need new voting for that feature?

But still think feed limit should be lower, than fresh trained units hunger lvl. Because its rlly strange to feed new units. I do not see any argument for that, except - "do not touch, what is wrong should be wrong".
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 15 Nov 2016, 20:11

I agree with Rey.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 16 Nov 2016, 05:23

I agree with The Dark Lord.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 16 Nov 2016, 08:02

I think a button for only feeding the hungry units would be good. But then there are two buttons for feeding which makes the interface more complex and more confusing for new players (I'm not sure what icon you could use to distinguish the two different types of feeding). Any ideas?
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 16 Nov 2016, 15:53

Shift+click on current icon?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 16 Nov 2016, 19:34

Personally, I like SHIFT-CLICK. On that note, though, there are lots of hidden commands stacked under using SHIFT+CLICK. These need to be more obvious in-game to new players!
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 16 Nov 2016, 21:45

Already done Ctrl+separate btn to separate single unit from group, some shift - ctrl click to manage school train orders.
For all that stuff going to show some hints at least... Is it enought ? What else?
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 17 Nov 2016, 22:33

Shift + Split command: Splits 1 unit from squad.
Shift + Feed command: Feeds units with extreme hunger (inn/skull cloud above head)

If you want simple Rey with "alternative uses" better to stick to all [Shift +], instead of mixing with [Ctrl +].
Best way to explain these alternative uses is in the HINT text when you hover cursor over icon.

What about the old idea to do something about excess of useless population? (tons of serfs in front of barracks, or fishers/miners/smelters who would go totally idle once depleted non-renewable resources).

It's because of these "old issues" respect basical KaM mechanics, that I also support the idea of one more Remake Release (sado opened a thread about it).
Vanilla KaM left so many "plot holes" in its basic mechanics... Many have been solved (addition of Market gives the game a continuation), but others remain yet untouched because are minor (smart feeding or idle miners).
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 18 Nov 2016, 11:52

What about the old idea to do something about excess of useless population? (tons of serfs in front of barracks, or fishers/miners/smelters who would go totally idle once depleted non-renewable resources).
We're going slightly offtopic, but while repurposing idle citizens with a profession (like miners) seems like a good idea, I am afraid that killing or repurposing serfs is too much. Miners are going to be completely useless later on and you can't simply skip doing a lot of them; however, if you make too many serfs, you're the one to be blamed for making too many, and your economy should get hurt as a result.
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 19 Nov 2016, 07:24

@Jeronimo I agree with you about Shift + Feed. But we need to get approvement for this feature from Krom first. I ask him about this feature before, he was disagree. @Krom, what do you think now ?
I think its should be done in one or another way. Its always funny and same time sad to see when you have plenty of serf just in front of your barracks, which cause traffic jams there, and you almost can not do anything to fix that. Ofc its your fault, that you hired too many serfs, may be, but I think losing 1 gold is a more appropriate punishment, then half-paralyzed city. So we can just fire them for nothing - they go inside the school and dissapear...
And yes, its offtopic here. Lets continue post about it in main thread for ideas.
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 19 Nov 2016, 13:04

Heh, so humanely. One time the president comes your home and says: "Sorry, we should do something with " excess of useless population"". Like in Northern Korea. :D :D :D

Maybe too sarcastic, but shows why this idea doesn't match =)
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 19 Nov 2016, 17:43

I like the idea (was posted some time ago) of having them "retire" in the Inn, where they'd keep eating but at a slower rate.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”