<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 07 May 2015, 17:41

Warriors' balance

units
Hi!

As you can see, I've uploaded a "balanced" scheme (something similar to a "rock paper scissors" system, but with 9 elements instead of 3) for warrior counters; I've filled it starting with the most obvious (pikes counter any cavalry, shields counter bows, crossbows counter shields) and then fitted in the others the way I thought it made most sense for them to be placed (considering both the stats and economic requirements). Militia were put in last, in the only space still available.

The problem is, my tests mostly indicate that many of these comparisons are actually to be reversed, and I haven't been able to fit the results of my tests in the base "balanced layout".

What do you think?

Also, should any of the units be moved to another place? Which one, and where?

P.S. Iron troops being sometimes listed as being countered by Wood troops is due to the cheapness and unlimitedness of the latter, which allows them to sometimes swarm and overwhelm the opponent.
That, or I simply didn't find a better position for them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 08 May 2015, 15:30

Re: Warriors' balance

In case anyone cares, I've redone and improved the pic... it now shows counters according to what they are supposed to be (as far as I know).

Please note though that the relations may not actually be these in the game.
pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Esthlos on 08 May 2015, 17:22, edited 2 times in total.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 May 2015, 15:49

Militia counter Knights? I never thought to even try it. Thanks for the help ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 08 May 2015, 16:03

Militia counter Knights? I never thought to even try it. Thanks for the help ;)
Edited the post to underline a relevant sentence. :P

(On a second thought, this relation may be actually true in the current game balance too: Militia are extremely cheap yet not totally useless fighters, so they may actually be able to mob Knights down... worth a try, I suppose)

(EDIT: 10 Knights -10 columns- against 46 Militia -15 columns-, split troops, no storming, Militia won 447 out of 500 battles, 89% win rate)
<<

Lord Dan

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 07 Dec 2015, 13:26

So approx 30 militia would give about 50 50 win rate? That's still allot of militia for 10 Knights, and so still comes down to where you choose to fight, and formations - sounds like working as intended :) that's how the game should be right?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Dec 2015, 00:45

So approx 30 militia would give about 50 50 win rate?
30 militia would lose at least 90% of the time to 10 knights. If you're using a brainless simulation to test fighting you'll get brainless results. There is more to RTS games than number crunching. It isn't a coincidence that the number crunchers aren't the best players in RTS games: They have no imagination. They can't take a practical look at the strategy.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”