Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

r6478 wooden fail/fix stone pls

<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 07 Sep 2014, 04:48

Re: r6478 wooden fail/fix stone pls

oh this is actually great to have, often when i build multiple buildings i want to have the one i placed first often earlier but instead the serfs deliver to all other blueprints except the one i want at that moment.
That's actually not how it works. It's not buildings that you placed first which will be delivered first, it's the ones which are closest to the source material (storehouse/stonemason/sawmill). But that's how it worked in r5503 when stone and wood were equal priority so I don't think it will be a problem.
my apologies, i read your post wrong, but can you tell me what is the diffeence between the rc beta and current official release after this get's implemented?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 07 Sep 2014, 08:58

According to some people it used to be:
A wood
B wood
C wood
A stone
B stone
C stone

So now it is:
Ok, I think I've sorted this out. If you have 3 houses A,B,C at increasing distance from the storehouse (for example A=10 tiles, B=11 tiles, C=15 tiles) then building materials will be delivered strictly in this order:
A wood
A stone
B wood
B stone
C wood
C stone

This change only affects deliveries of building materials. All other deliveries will work the same as they do now.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 07 Sep 2014, 09:29

oh this is actually great to have, often when i build multiple buildings i want to have the one i placed first often earlier but instead the serfs deliver to all other blueprints except the one i want at that moment.
That's actually not how it works. It's not buildings that you placed first which will be delivered first, it's the ones which are closest to the source material (storehouse/stonemason/sawmill). But that's how it worked in r5503 when stone and wood were equal priority so I don't think it will be a problem.
my apologies, i read your post wrong, but can you tell me what is the diffeence between the rc beta and current official release after this get's implemented?
The only thing you read wrong was that it is not the order you place the houses which decided the ones that will be delivered to first. It is distance.

r5503:
- Shortest deliveries are preferred (distance from source to destination), but with a random element (houses within ~5 tiles may be treated with about the same priority)
- Stone and wood are equal priority, but due to the distance rule e.g. if the stonemason is closer than the sawmill then stone will be taken first

My latest change (unreleased):
- Shortest deliveries are preferred (distance from source to destination), with no random element
- If the delivery distance is exactly equal, wood is ALWAYS taken before stone
- This means if the stonemason is closer than the sawmill, stone will still be taken first (so it only really has an impact when taking wares from the storehouse)

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”