Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Trollable features in the next release

<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Jul 2014, 12:15

Re: Trollable features in the next release

well it is one good step towards a solution. i cannot even think of a better solution atm.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 05 Jul 2014, 12:35

The Silvers (silver map) will overwrite it self when you downloading a new version of map(same name)?
If not, we could show only the Newest Silver map (newest version), its no point to show all of the version of the same map(same name), only gold and silver.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 05 Jul 2014, 12:55

The Silvers (silver map) will overwrite it self when you downloading a new version of map(same name)?
If not, we could show only the Newest Silver map (newest version), its no point to show all of the version of the same map(same name), only gold and silver.
No, when you download a map it will get the unique hash of the map appended to it (that's the "_12345678" bit). So for each different version of the map there will be a different hash. The idea is that downloading a map will never overwrite anything, it just gives it a different name in your MapsDL folder.

The game has no concept of "newest" versions of maps. There's no version system in map files. I could download the newest version of a map from one person then join another lobby and download an older version of the map from another person. The game has no idea which one is newer or older, it just knows that each one has a unique hash.
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 05 Jul 2014, 13:40

I mean it should show only the newest download for each map ( theres no reason to check version of map, etc ). Sample: I downloading new map it becomes "newest download" and Table will show it, then i download different version (even if its older ver. than actual ) and its becomes "newest download", and my first map is not shown anymore. (u have to delete newest map if u want the old one to be shown ).
Ootherwise we will have 10 same maps to show but use only 2. Updates are frequently i guess, so in short time u have 100 unused map messing around when u want to choose map to play.
Yes we can do the same thing by deleting old ones, but then we cant bring back old versions. Im just sharing my idea, what do you think? :)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 05 Jul 2014, 13:45

Maps don't get updated that frequently... Only Sado's maps do... (For example: I have 42253 different Conquest versions).
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 05 Jul 2014, 14:58

Maps don't get updated that frequently... Only Sado's maps do... (For example: I have 42253 different Conquest versions).
that was only for balance updates and development of the gamemode, now it will most likely not get an update untill i fel like updating visuals.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 05 Jul 2014, 16:03

Same Rocks? v1.0 with missing gold, v.1.1 with rocks, v1.2 with better waterflow, v1.3 with more objects like pakerwheels and finally v2.0 with 8vs8 Gamemode :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think some maps get very often an update, depends on how much the mapmaker is working on his map :lol:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Jul 2014, 04:51

Lols, I'm updating my maps every game I play on them xD
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 08 Jul 2014, 08:20

Lols, I'm updating my maps every game I play on them xD
But you never play.

BA DUM TSSSSSSSSSS!
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 21 Jul 2014, 15:01

well, a few weird suggestions:
-the host cannot choose his own starting location team and color, that is random/decided by another player.
Honest hosts would not be able to choose which is a negative thing.
but dishonest hosts would have to be lucky to get their own advantages.

-a reputation system for maps
every map is automatically downloaded by the KaM remake team(through some script) and an unique hash is generated.
People can then vote on the maps, +1 or -1 (once per account, the account must have been active for at least a month and unique IP adress and more if needed).
and that reputation of the map shows up in the lobby somewhere.

if you really want to check if an altered map is fair, then you would need a script that can check the whole map on what every player gets and what resources are in the proximity. but that sounds like a project as long as the remake itself. and that only works for maps where everyone starts equal

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”