Classifying "special" maps

<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Jul 2014, 08:29

Re: Classifying "special" maps

IMO maps should be classified in the map menu like this:
Classic Maps (non-scripted or low, map gameplay based only on the original kam) then u choose - economy or tactical or coop
Special Maps (scripted, map gameplay different than original kam rules ) then u choose - coop or pvp
Its nice way for end-user i think, he just want to play he doesnt interest its scripted or nonscripted etc.
Normal:
Buttton:
oh forgot about saved games :P
Maybe i ddint understand this topic clearly, but here my idea :P
About passwords, yea its little wall for creativity but its small wall :P if your friends wants to edit your maps i can just give them passwords or decrypted map. Most people doesnt care about caution, they just "accept" or "download" or click any button that will pop up :)
Hm as a author i dont want to ruin my map by someone, as a player i dont want many others version its dividing.

About Picture yep, its just cosmetic change for special maps :P I thought about it - 18 images, but i belive in players honest XD, but your right its maybe too risky to let people put there their images.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 02 Jul 2014, 08:41

It´s really hard to find a good way, to sort all those maps.

Right now it isn´t optimal but I don´t like your idea also randomlyrcis :P

If you are searching for a tactic map and a players know (let´s say a player that haven´t played for 1 year KaMR) He will search for a map and won´t find it. Maybe he will look in the other sections, but rather not!
Biggest problems are maps like "The Maze"! :

+It is a tactical map, because you can´t build any buildings there (Definition of TSK/TPR)
+It is a coop map, because you are playing with 3 other human players (Definition "cooperative gaming")
+It is a special map, because what? Well, because it has a huge scriptcode, that effects massively at the Gameplay.

My aim/wish would be, to delete the special section at all in LATER RELEASES, if there are enough special maps. Right now these maps are special, but for sure in one year there will be a mass of scripted maps, which means they should get together with normal eco/tactic/coop maps in my opinion.
If you would search for The Maze, you would directly go to the CooP Section, "because you are playing with 3 other human players" and it doesn´t matter if this coop map is a tactical or an eco. mission.

So in my opinion you shouldn´t make it more complicated with that submenus, but rather try to delete the special map section and put them all together to the rest of the maps, without any confusion (Is the maze now coop or special?). However like I just wrote, this will work only in later releases, when there are more scripted maps. Right now just noone would even know that there are new kind of maps and noone would play them :-(
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Jul 2014, 09:01

If you are searching for a tactic map and a players know (let´s say a player that haven´t played for 1 year KaMR) He will search for a map and won´t find it. Maybe he will look in the other sections, but rather not!
Biggest problems are maps like "The Maze"! :
+It is a tactical map, because you can´t build any buildings there (Definition of TSK/TPR)
+It is a coop map, because you are playing with 3 other human players (Definition "cooperative gaming")
+It is a special map, because what? Well, because it has a huge scriptcode, that effects massively at the Gameplay.
Im havent played 1 year, i crreating game > chossing map - yes i want play classic kam as i rember > click button 'classic' (if its button) > yea theres tactical, my favorite.// there aren't 100 buttons its clear and simple.
The Maze is Special Map ( not kam rules ) and Coop. Simple classified.
My aim/wish would be, to delete the special section at all in LATER RELEASES
- it will burn searching :> imagine that u have to check every map by the desc if its normal or scripted map...
Its simple thinking, i want to play classic kam fast match so i chose tactical, after that i want something but vs some players so i choose special map > pvp.
So in my opinion you shouldn´t make it more complicated with that submenus
but for sure in one year there will be a mass of scripted maps
so it will be good to keep things clear on first sight :)
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 05 Jul 2014, 18:56

I didnt read all topic, but please, dont disable pt on fighting maps. I know one, when we can set pt 5-10. But it's my map, and it isnt in remake (Crazy Place). Anyway, all reasonable people woud not set pt on fighting maps :)
Agree with sado's idea.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”