Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Register  •  Login

Managing maps and saves downloaded in lobby

<<

sado1

User avatar

Council Member

Posts: 1396

Joined: 21 May 2012, 19:13

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Jul 2014, 10:06

Re: Managing maps and saves downloaded in lobby

By the way... I find it confusing for my right hand (the one that holds the mouse :P) to click the Back to Menu button, because in all the other menues, this button is in place of Delete Map button. I think it shouldn't be like that.
<<

Lewin

User avatar

KaM Remake Developer

Posts: 3821

Joined: 16 Sep 2007, 22:00

Location: Australia

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Jul 2014, 10:27

Re: Managing maps and saves downloaded in lobby

thunder wrote:Is that possible each downloaded replay get a new name? Last time I got a nice replay but with the next one deleted and was very hard and needed long time to got it again.
The downloaded files should get this kind of name:
downloaded_dateA.rpl
downloaded_dateA.bas...

downloaded_dateB.rpl
downloaded_dateB.bas... or smething like this.

And of course the delete button is good as at the maps.

We were trying to avoid the saves folder exploding with 100s of files that get created automatically and never deleted. At the end of the game don't save your replay as downloaded.sav, call it something else. Remember that saves are only created locally now, they won't be created on other player's computers so it doesn't matter what you call it.

sado1 wrote:By the way... I find it confusing for my right hand (the one that holds the mouse :P) to click the Back to Menu button, because in all the other menues, this button is in place of Delete Map button. I think it shouldn't be like that.

Good point. Can you suggest an alternative layout?
<<

sado1

User avatar

Council Member

Posts: 1396

Joined: 21 May 2012, 19:13

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Jul 2014, 11:24

Re: Managing maps and saves downloaded in lobby

Easiest solution would be swapping those two buttons with each other. It makes sense that it's below the "add map" button, since both are relatively rarely used.
<<

Tiank

User avatar

Knight

Posts: 592

Joined: 15 Sep 2013, 13:11

Location: Poland

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Jul 2014, 11:31

Re: Managing maps and saves downloaded in lobby

What about placing Load map and Delete map buttons on the right, under the mini map? Create new map would stay under size table and Back to menu button where sado suggested.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Krom

User avatar

Knights Province Developer

Posts: 3237

Joined: 09 May 2006, 22:00

Location: Russia

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 26 Jul 2014, 11:44

Re: Managing maps and saves downloaded in lobby

I'm still against making 3 sections for SP/MP/DL maps.

IMO DL maps should be within MP maps list, just with a different color and a column with checkboxes, to promote them to "trusted" maps (move to mapsMP folder). Promoting should work only one way.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Lewin

User avatar

KaM Remake Developer

Posts: 3821

Joined: 16 Sep 2007, 22:00

Location: Australia

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Jul 2014, 14:33

Re: Managing maps and saves downloaded in lobby

Krom wrote:I'm still against making 3 sections for SP/MP/DL maps.

IMO DL maps should be within MP maps list, just with a different color and a column with checkboxes, to promote them to "trusted" maps (move to mapsMP folder). Promoting should work only one way.

That sounds good, at the moment it's inconsistent with the lobby list. I'm not sure about checkboxes in a column though. When you "trust" a map you might need to rename it (for example you downloaded a modded version of Golden Cliffs, and you don't want to overwrite the original Golden Cliffs but instead call it something else). It also needs a confirmation (seeing as it's not reversible).
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Posts: 1314

Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 21:36

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 26 Jul 2014, 18:27

Re: Managing maps and saves downloaded in lobby

Lewin wrote:
Krom wrote:I'm still against making 3 sections for SP/MP/DL maps.

IMO DL maps should be within MP maps list, just with a different color and a column with checkboxes, to promote them to "trusted" maps (move to mapsMP folder). Promoting should work only one way.

That sounds good, at the moment it's inconsistent with the lobby list. I'm not sure about checkboxes in a column though. When you "trust" a map you might need to rename it (for example you downloaded a modded version of Golden Cliffs, and you don't want to overwrite the original Golden Cliffs but instead call it something else). It also needs a confirmation (seeing as it's not reversible).


wlel how about we combine Krom's idea with thatever is already existent? like if you put a map to trusted you can name it like you do not when you put a dled map to mp maps?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Krom

User avatar

Knights Province Developer

Posts: 3237

Joined: 09 May 2006, 22:00

Location: Russia

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Jul 2014, 07:14

Re: Managing maps and saves downloaded in lobby

We can popup a small dialog upon trusting a map, that will act similar to MapEd-Save, allowing to rename the map if its name clashes with any existing map.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
Previous

Return to Feedback / Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests