Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Pikemen/lance carriers vs mounted - anyone noticed?

<<

Plaguesworn

Militia

Post 09 Apr 2014, 17:18

Pikemen/lance carriers vs mounted - anyone noticed?

Hello,

I've been play testing on the bèta r6157 version of Knights & Merchants Remake. I found it out that my pikemen/lance carriers kept losing fights against mounted units on a regular basis. So I decided to test it in a head to head fight with a group of 12 pikemen against an equal group of enemy knights. I repeated this 40 times to make sure it were no lucky exceptional outcomes.

I found out that my pikemen indeed had a lot of difficulty defeating the knights as I'v experienced in regular gameplay. Most of the time the enemy knights didn't seem to experience any trouble defeating my pikemen. The knights had minimal losses in the contrary to my pikemen: whenever they did managed to overcome the knights, they had tremendous losses.

I had similar results with lance carriers trying to defeat scouts. Is this due to the shield patch mounted units have to their additional fourth hit point? Or is it something else in the bèta r6157 version that's causing this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Apr 2014, 18:54

Re: Pikemen/lance carriers vs mounted - anyone noticed?

The shield patch added defense against arrows. Mounted units always had +1hp.

Anyway, your concerns are not valid, because en equal number of knights should be able to defeat an equal amount of pikes. Pikes are much, much cheaper and easier to produce than knights, so I on't think that they should clean knights up too easily.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Plaguesworn

Militia

Post 09 Apr 2014, 18:59

Oh, okay I was unaware it only gave a boost vs ranged. It just felt like pikemen were having a harder time in the bèta to defeat knights. But that might just be me.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 Apr 2014, 19:06

Yeah there were no direct changes to melee in beta ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 09 Apr 2014, 20:23

Oh, okay I was unaware it only gave a boost vs ranged. It just felt like pikemen were having a harder time in the bèta to defeat knights. But that might just be me.
Maybe you just trained and have great fighting skills now, and you just thought something in the game changed :P

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”