Inn/Manage the feeding

<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 28 Feb 2014, 08:39

Inn/Manage the feeding

Hello!

Already posted this idea more times, but i still don't see lot of changes. Is there any news with the feeding the citizens?
I mean on is still there possibility one citizens eating 3 kind of foods.
"divide at impera"
:)
I would like to explain it.
You have one inn with 1 vinebarrel 1 bread and 1 fish and 3 citizen. And these citizens hungry level a little bit different, the difference is a feeding time in the inn.
The first citizen be hungry and go into the inn:

-1 citizen eat 3 kind of food= 100% and 40 minutes and the other 2 citizen have to wait without job and die ... /if this two are baker,farmer then no more food.../

Or the other way if the player have power to manage foods in the resturant one by one.

-3 citizen eat 3 different kind of foods= 3 happy citizens for 10-15minutes with 30-40% hungry level...

I really support the little red triangle for the Inn. /storehouse and barrak is already have/ ==original KaM had different barrack, so a little inn upgrade is also possible;)==

I think to better if a citizen eating something and after work then eat nothing, working nothing and after just walking up and down without nothing...
East culture: eat more times LESS. :mrgreen:

Vine:
Hm. it is like scouts are on the edge of the game. Very rarely too see somebody creating vinefields with vineyards. Maybe with market and higher value(in the market) vinebarrel could help to this

The other one:
Fishermans: the fishes are surprise for all locations. SOmetimes these fish make locations imbalance (some locs have, some dont have).
Idea: Fisherman feeding the fishes with corn. Maybe 2 corn - two fishes. So hints two times and fishing once.
I know for this need images because there arent hinting fishers./Maybe 2 person could work in there, one farmer and one fisher or something./

I just wanted to post again the little red triange for the inn. I hope a discussion will be here about.
Bests!
t
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 28 Feb 2014, 09:35

Re: Inn/Manage the feeding

I like the idea of blocking certain type of food at Inn with red triangles. Why exactly was it declined? Apart of being useful in normal games, this feature would be great in Town Merchants.

I don't like the idea about changing fish economy. It's good, that some locations on the same map have different fish access, so the strategy for every loc can be different.
Feeding fish with corn... That's just weird.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 28 Feb 2014, 09:48

I like the first idea, but! it would change the game a lot.
Food would be less importent and you could start making it much later and less!
It would be a bit like KaM Remake in the old days when food wasn't needed to make at all.

The idea for 2corn=2 fish I totally disagree, because what would you prefer for example 2corn= 2 fish or 2 corn = 4 bread i would already know it.
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 28 Feb 2014, 10:41

2corn 2 fish was just an idea or example. ;) and a little fiction.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 28 Feb 2014, 11:06

1 pig for 20 fish, because fish love lovely little worms, and there's usually plenty of them in a dead pig in medieval times...
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 28 Feb 2014, 13:54

We don't plan any kind of fish restoration because that is intentionally a depleting resource. Each food in KaM is unique and we like to keep it that way.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 28 Feb 2014, 18:14

1 pig for 20 fish, because fish love lovely little worms, and there's usually plenty of them in a dead pig in medieval times...
:lol:
Vine:
Hm. it is like scouts are on the edge of the game. Very rarely too see somebody creating vinefields with vineyards. Maybe with market and higher value(in the market) vinebarrel could help to this
Totally wrong. Though I admit wine is still quite expensive for how weak it is, the resource is still used in about half the games I play by at least one player.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 28 Feb 2014, 18:40

:lol:
Vine:
Totally wrong. Though I admit wine is still quite expensive for how weak it is, the resource is still used in about half the games I play by at least one player.
wine is more of a support food to save more important ood like fish and susages, but yeah sausages still dominate the food chain.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 28 Feb 2014, 20:19

The only reason why wine isn´t used "that" much is because you need a alot of wood for it
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 01 Mar 2014, 17:14

I suppose you could change the cost of a vineyard from 4 timber, 3 stone to 7 stone and no timber? :D

Though I suppose that actually does make some sense...because now a vineyard costs 13 timber and 3 stone, and a lot of time since for some reason laborers take forever to actually build the vines (need to hammer like 10 times or something).
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 01 Mar 2014, 17:30

Wine is not supposed to be your main food, so I'm not sure whether it needs any changes. On the other hand though, it's too expensive to make a wineyard early on, so wine isn't really a good way to prepare a stable food production with many kinds of food - it's more like for patching existing food problems right now. Maybe the amount of time needed to make the vines shouldn't be that long indeed. Not sure if I'd change the price of the winefarm/vines.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 01 Mar 2014, 17:33

the costs of the vineyard is not that bad if you just spred it across time, it is not like winewill save you anyway and there is still growth time. just make 2 tiles at once, or 3 if your wood runs really good. don;t makes all 9 tiles at once, then yeah you gimp your production for a bit. if you make 2 at the time, and then build the building the first 2 vines are grwon almost so your farmer can work nearly immediately. just do not rely on wine to actually feed your city.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

WollongongWolf

Lance Carrier

Post 01 Mar 2014, 19:52

Quick my thoughts on wine (don't know how much changed lately though), the easy food chain (just 1 building) and the fact that it doesn't compete with corn for sausage makes me often build vineyards at around 60-70 minutes in game as a second food source, instead of bread (fish is assumed depleted). Indeed the wood costs are high, but that doesn't make it bad I think.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 02 Mar 2014, 04:52

wollongwolf is right, especially if you divide the costs over time, sure a mill and baker are way better, but when needed wine can take a good support food role and sometimes even when bread is already being made.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 02 Mar 2014, 10:24

Also, Wine production requires way less building space than other unlimited Food types... :P
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”