Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Players limits

<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 07 Jan 2014, 14:33

Re: Players limits

I think 8 players is enough, maybe if there wouldn't be a performance problem. Rarely there is already a problem with FPS. If I play with randoms with x2, it's not that rare, suffering from lags is much worse than how good it would be with more players.
I don't see any drawback of allowing scripts handle more. (I don't understand why need to limit it internally, becuase memory can be allocated dinamically, but nevermind). If multiplayer player limit is increased, it would probably require the map size to be increased too. 12 player wouldn't fit there, maybe 10 in my opinion.

EDIT: I think the rendering takes much CPU usage. For example If I move the screen without any zoom into a city, I get 30 FPS, If I'm outside of the city, it's 60 FPS. I checked it in paused mode in the replay viewer.
Last edited by kocsis1david on 07 Jan 2014, 14:52, edited 2 times in total.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 07 Jan 2014, 14:41

@ OMG, we have 2014 year, i7, pc have 8 GB ram ddr 3 or more, we have r9 290 6 GB ram, windows 8.1 or 7, TV with 4k, and rest stuff and you write we have old computers to play old game ? Ok I see "some older computers" but please You have to go in the future.
Yeah, let's do that, so we have 10-20 people playing all the time, instead of what we have now. Not to mention, bigger maps/amount of players means more people will lag, so there will be more failed games/leavers (you don't know if someone will lag on a big map at the start, you will know it 30 minutes into the game). Not everyone can afford a newer PC, of course we shouldn't try to make the game run flawlessly on 15 years old machines, since it's impossible, but let's try to aim for something that will make most of the people happy.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 07 Jan 2014, 15:30

@ OMG, we have 2014 year, i7, pc have 8 GB ram ddr 3 or more, we have r9 290 6 GB ram, windows 8.1 or 7, TV with 4k, and rest stuff and you write we have old computers to play old game ? Ok I see "some older computers" but please You have to go in the future.
Yeah, let's do that, so we have 10-20 people playing all the time, ...
At least we can play then 5vs5 without lags, Sado. That´s great :mrgreen:
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 09 Jan 2014, 10:04

I think 12 players should be enough for the global limit, that means in 8 player co-operative you can have 4 AIs to fight (but each AI can be large). I've started working on the map editor layout:

As these extra 4 locations can't be used in the lobby I decided to force them to be AI only. Hopefully that will make it clear. The alliances page is a bit crowded but I think it's ok.

Any comments?
<<

MaxDeus

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 09 Jan 2014, 10:27

This is a good idea for 4 vs. 4, so that you don´t need peacetime, only 2 or 4 enemies in the middle of the map...
It is not to be against something, it is to be for something!!!
<<

Post 09 Jan 2014, 20:07

I think 12 players should be enough for the global limit, that means in 8 player co-operative you can have 4 AIs to fight (but each AI can be large). I've started working on the map editor layout:

As these extra 4 locations can't be used in the lobby I decided to force them to be AI only. Hopefully that will make it clear. The alliances page is a bit crowded but I think it's ok.

Any comments?
Please change colour player 7 and 8. (black) other players have different colour.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 09 Jan 2014, 20:53

Any comments?
Please change colour player 7 and 8. (black) other players have different colour.
Trolllololol?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 10 Jan 2014, 01:31

These are the default colours from KaM, for compatibility purposes (some campaign missions don't specify colours and expect 7 and 8 to be black). It always bothered me that these two players are the same :P However it's not hard to change them.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”