<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 25 Nov 2013, 02:17

Replay issues

Hi guys,
It's common knowledge that KaM Remake replays don't always work perfectly. Under some conditions you will get an error saying "The replay failed a consistency check. This is a known bug which effects playback of some replays. Do you want to continue watching?". I've noticed a lot of mention of this on the mini games thread where people are saying the replay doesn't work because they loaded from a saved game.

We have previously tried and failed to fix this bug. We can't figure out what is causing the replay to become inconsistent. I'm having another look at it, and I need YOUR help.

Please post your experiences with this bug. What conditions does it happen in? Some questions:
- Does it only happen if you loaded from a saved game? (has anyone seen it happen when they didn't use saved games?)
- Does it only happen in missions with towns (has anyone seen it happen in games without any houses/villagers, just fighting?)
- Does it only happen in games with AI players?
- Does it only happen if you used speed up? (has anyone seen it happen in a game where they never changed the gamespeed with keys like F8?)

The more information we can get the easier it will be to track down the issue. If we can narrow it down to specific conditions we can hopefully find the cause. Otherwise it's almost impossible to fix.

Of course the best thing would be if somebody has a set of steps that will consistently reproduce the bug (steps like: start tutorial, build school, save, load, etc.). If someone can find a sequence of steps that reproduces the bug this will help enormously with fixing it (even if the steps are quite long). We don't care what the mission is or whether it uses dynamic script, as long as the bug is reproducible.

Or if you can send us a save file where the replay DOES work, and give a set of steps to do after loading the save that will cause the replay to fail.

You guys play the game a lot more than Krom and I do, so we really need your help with this one.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Lewin.
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 25 Nov 2013, 14:43

Re: Replay issues

To be honest I haven't come across this bug for a while now (the last time was TDL's replay of To The Capital, I guess), but my memories are the following:
1) In older releases loading a saved game also caused it, but in r5503 it always works (at least for me).
2) I'm not sure about this one, to be honest.
3) Definitely not.
4) No, it also happened in multiplayer games' replays when the speed slider wasn't implemented.

Also I remember that in a game we played on Florescence One, we had a crash (something about my archers crossing the death zone's border and being shot at at the same time) and the replay wasn't working from there on.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”