Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Gamespeed + Leaver Discussion [Current problems in KaM]

<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 24 Sep 2013, 18:25

Re: Gamespeed + Leaver Discussion [Current problems in KaM]

Too bad more and more games are going down to toilet due to casual players !
Now that's the spirit! *sarcasm*
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

WollongongWolf

Lance Carrier

Post 24 Sep 2013, 19:05

However, this topic has gone to crap and nobody is achieving anything by this pointless arguing. People can't even keep track of what is going on in this chaos. Is it time to lock this yet?
Was already afraid it would lead to this (read my first post in this thread :P).
Yes please, my head is getting too red because of facepalms :(
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Sep 2013, 20:07

There are probably some people who are randoms and stopped playing because of high speed settings, but unfortunately no much information is avaiable about that. Maybe they just silently leave Remake, and they could be the more skilled players. I played with randoms in the previous release, but now i don't even enter one lobby, because it is a waste of time. I won't compromise with a higher speed than x1, becuase it doesn't worth it, rather don't play if there are no good lobbies. Most randoms don't compromise with x1 now. So I keep a good distance to them, but this results in keeping distance with everyone except that I already know. Maybe a solution would be to gather somehow x1 random people and who want to play a real balanced games, if there are any. I think max x2 speed solves almost nothing, but deleting speed slider would cause disappointment.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 26 Sep 2013, 22:52

I think max x2 speed solves almost nothing, but deleting speed slider would cause disappointment.
For a small moment, but they will accept it. I just mean there was no clue to change the gameplay setting completly with a speed aceleration, but there is no way to get the original kam back? I also heard sth about "What are the objective arguements against game speed" After you think that this already huge topic isnt full with it, I can just say that there were no arugments FOR implementing the speed slider, and it still happend.

Sth like "the first min. are boring" "its that small boring game" "its waste of time" aren´t countable as serious arguements either. "Speed the game up please" I think we have brang many informations that it doesn´t work, the games are normaly longer than normal games, more guys are leaving and you waste like 3x time by searching a lobby. Why it´s also not an argument to say "the first moments are boring" is that the remake team implemented already the fast build order, so what now? Wanna change everything? Most of guys I see in random games, are still building inn after school, so they could have a "not boring" start with training that.... No arguments but it was still implemented because some guys wrote on facebook or the kamremake.com site that its "boring" so why not deleting it when most players on the community(also the "noobs"(like shad called himselves :-) )) agreed with us, that there is just no way to play a normal game these days...
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 27 Sep 2013, 07:49

'but they will accept it' is just an assumption, I won't accept it and probably delete the game again, like I did 10 years ago.

Ofcourse I'm just 1 guy but my guess is that more people will stop playing..
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
<<

Bludmaster

Bowman

Post 27 Sep 2013, 09:37

'but they will accept it' is just an assumption, I won't accept it and probably delete the game again, like I did 10 years ago.

Ofcourse I'm just 1 guy but my guess is that more people will stop playing..

Your post is very funny :). From this its obvious there is no point in this "discussion". And if more players are thinking about KaM like you, than GL to future of this game.

I will never understand people like you :)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 27 Sep 2013, 10:04

I don't understand it either Blud. People have become so spoiled, it makes me mad. Not too long ago there were no game speeds at all, and this game was still played by a lot of people; and now they threaten to stop playing if the game speeds were to be removed? Then why did you even start playing back then, if you now say you can't go without?
Ugh, I can't stand this. Makes me want to throw up.
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 27 Sep 2013, 10:28

Spoiled :P .. maybe, it's just that 1 game of KaM takes ages and people now a days don't have that much free time..
Well, apart from the school going juniors among us..

I just pointed out that there are more players like me that think this way..

And back in 2001 / 2002 I was a school going junior myself.. So I actually had the time for this game..

Ooh yeah, i didn't mean to threaten anything just that with the player base of 100-200 players ? you might lose half of em ..
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 27 Sep 2013, 10:32

The playerbase is going to lose players no matter what, because everyone prefers their own speed and the lobby culture is also not helping nowadays. The solution must be trying to statisfy most players and cause the least amount of leavers.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 27 Sep 2013, 11:37

Possibly we already lost players thanks to these game speeds.
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 27 Sep 2013, 11:57

If really the time is the problem, there are figthing maps, conquest mode, Battle of Octum.
Maybe there could be more alternatives, but people can play even with less time without high game speed.
<<

Post 27 Sep 2013, 12:15

click me for server statistics

The number of players did not see a decrease since the release of the current version (numbers are traditionally a little higher in august due to vacations).

So there is no evidence that players left since speed was introduced. Actually the stats hint at the opposite: player numbers (both maximum and integrated) are now higher than in the first month after the release.

Live and let live
- S
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 27 Sep 2013, 12:31

This is also no evdidence that no one left the game, since everytime new players join while others might leave. You cannot gather data on players joining or leaving, unless the differences in activity get's significant. Anyway i think this thread has bene derailed into offtopic stuff now.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 27 Sep 2013, 12:45

Indeed, this doesn't prove anything. Besides, the scripting demo was released at 23-06, but maybe the player count was much higher before 23-06? Probably not, but you're only telling one part of the tale.
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 27 Sep 2013, 12:53

maybe, it's just that 1 game of KaM takes ages and people now a days don't have that much free time..
So would you rather play another game for the same amount of time? Please answer my question, it's the 3rd time I ask it. And then, think of it again, please :)
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”