Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Gamespeed + Leaver Discussion [Current problems in KaM]

<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 27 Sep 2013, 14:27

Re: Gamespeed + Leaver Discussion [Current problems in KaM]

First time i see you're question being serious. No I would rather play a game in a less amount of time. How do you expect me to play 2/3 hours when i only have 1 ?

Bence, you are the 'school going junior'.
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 27 Sep 2013, 15:39

'but they will accept it' is just an assumption, I won't accept it and probably delete the game again, like I did 10 years ago.

Ofcourse I'm just 1 guy but my guess is that more people will stop playing..
The question is why you deleted it 10 years ago? Because tpr was too slow?? :rolleyes: :$ :o :? :wink:

Spoiled :P .. maybe, it's just that 1 game of KaM takes ages and people now a days don't have that much free time..
Well, apart from the school going juniors among us..
"now a days don´t have time" ? So you think people 10 years ago didn´t go to school, didn´t work? I hadn´t much time (some years ago) often because of school,family,friends and co. also. However somehow I could manage it to play like 2-3 normal long games in a week MAXIMUM, sure there were a month without a single game. The thing is just that the gameplay was changed in a huge part and new players who have like 15 min until their mom will say, they have to go to bed, starts a x3 speed with 80 min pt, see that it takes longe than 15 min, insult and finaly leave the game :P A bit extreme, but that´s just how it is...
<<

Frone

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 27 Sep 2013, 18:40

I agree with pawel here. If you can't afford to spend at least 1-2 hours (or even more) for a match then it sucks because you can speed up the peace time ,sure ,but what about the fights? If you don't win the first fight will you leave?Sometimes the fights last more ,if you leave you actually wasted your own time since u didnt enjoy the building and left before the end. LoL
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 27 Sep 2013, 18:59

Yeah however your first sentence isn´t completly right :D They haven´t to spend 2 hours at least, but when they have no time they can play other variations like 30 min PT games or special maps like battle of octumn, valley of dangeres/fun with flags, what ever.
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 27 Sep 2013, 21:21

First time i see you're question being serious. No I would rather play a game in a less amount of time. How do you expect me to play 2/3 hours when i only have 1 ?

Bence, you are the 'school going junior'.
The 4th sentence sounds like you consider my opinion bullshit just because I am young. Why?
I don't expect you to, you can also play less peacetime (30-35 minutes). Does it worth just for a couple of players (who really don't have the time, e.g. work or anything else) to separate the whole community and kill the kindness in everyone (mostly in casual players)? I guess no.

Btw, "school going junior"s... They rather play shit mmorpg's for 3-4x as much time as a KaM match would take, and whine about it being too long (so this wasn't actually directed to you, but to the whole casual gamers "community"). That's what I consider bullshit. And why would anyone do everything in favor of some players who don't even know how to play Knights and Merchants? For me it's essenceless. Maybe I'm wrong, forgive me, please.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 27 Sep 2013, 22:47

I already said in this topic that we need to invent such a gamemode that will keep the KaM spirit while cutting out the time needed to play it. But nobody's listening :P
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 28 Sep 2013, 07:10

I already said in this topic that we need to invent such a gamemode that will keep the KaM spirit while cutting out the time needed to play it. But nobody's listening :P
Let's invent it, but in a separate topic, away from rage and blaming each others )
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 28 Sep 2013, 10:35

Let's invent it, but in a separate topic, away from rage and blaming each others )
agreed

*edit* by request op anti i editd the post, because kire cannot do it.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

Post 29 Sep 2013, 14:23

'but they will accept it' is just an assumption, I won't accept it and probably delete the game again, like I did 10 years ago.

The question is why you deleted it 10 years ago? Because tpr was too slow?? :rolleyes: :$ :o :? :wink:
No multiplayer and no one, that i knew of, that wanted to play so other games replaced it.
Spoiled :P .. maybe, it's just that 1 game of KaM takes ages and people now a days don't have that much free time..
Well, apart from the school going juniors among us..
"now a days don´t have time" ? So you think people 10 years ago didn´t go to school, didn´t work? I hadn´t much time (some years ago) often because of school,family,friends and co. also. However somehow I could manage it to play like 2-3 normal long games in a week MAXIMUM, sure there were a month without a single game. The thing is just that the gameplay was changed in a huge part and new players who have like 15 min until their mom will say, they have to go to bed, starts a x3 speed with 80 min pt, see that it takes longe than 15 min, insult and finaly leave the game :P A bit extreme, but that´s just how it is...
Hmm, well you got a point there but times have changed. I guess i meant 'i don't have the time anymore', but still school kids have much more freetime than people with all day jobs etc. That little kids start a game 15 min. before bed time is just dumb and can't be helped i guess.

@bence, Funny i concidered your question bullshit because you imply that i rather play Diablo III for 3 hours than KaM for 3 hours 'because KaM is to slow' but the thing is that i could choose to play Diablo III for 1 hour or ¼ game KaM >.< and that's why i'm very glad with the x2.0 speed up.

I really laughed hard when you implied that the game speed turns everyone evil ?
kill the kindness in everyone

@Sado, sorry I missed that idea in the threat.

Again, why don't the other forum/TS guys accept the compromise of reducing the game speed options ? x1.0 x1.5 and x2.0 are fine~
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 29 Sep 2013, 14:59

No multiplayer and no one, that i knew of, that wanted to play so other games replaced it.
Yes exactly. So the gamespeed was the problem? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Don´t think so.

Again, why don't the other forum/TS guys accept the compromise of reducing the game speed options ? x1.0 x1.5 and x2.0 are fine~
Again, why the other "randoms" don´t accept the compromise of reducing the game speed to x1,0 ? X1,0 was and is in KaM fine~ :rolleyes: ²
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 29 Sep 2013, 15:09

@bence, Funny i concidered your question bullshit because you imply that i rather play Diablo III for 3 hours than KaM for 3 hours 'because KaM is to slow' but the thing is that i could choose to play Diablo III for 1 hour or ¼ game KaM >.< and that's why i'm very glad with the x2.0 speed up.

I really laughed hard when you implied that the game speed turns everyone evil ?
kill the kindness in everyone
1/4 KaM game? With these awesome speeds? Come on!

Evilness and being unkind is not the same for me. What I meant is that every random with only a few exceptions turned into insulting f**kers, and that's only since the speed slider was implemented. Am I not right?
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

WollongongWolf

Lance Carrier

Post 29 Sep 2013, 16:50

If randoms wanna play some quicker games, why on earth is Cursed Ravine so popular???

In any case, Ben, do your thing xD
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 29 Sep 2013, 17:22

If randoms wanna play some quicker games, why on earth is Cursed Ravine so popular???
Lol! Very good question!

But what is "my thing"?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 29 Sep 2013, 17:25

moderating/trolling.

i guess he meant locking the topic which is going nowhere anymore
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 29 Sep 2013, 18:10

People seem to like pointless topics around here :P
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”