Gamespeed + Leaver Discussion [Current problems in KaM]

<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 01 Oct 2013, 04:22

Re: Gamespeed + Leaver Discussion [Current problems in KaM]

People seem to like pointless topics around here :P
i love them. too bad i dont qualify for the word "poeple\person" but just a simple troll.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 26 Oct 2013, 20:22

Nexttime if i have to chose Randoms or AI, i will chose AI! AI cant leave...

I tried again "random lobby"... I got a new line......

Farmers: they create only foods under the whole game.
WEapon master: make weapons only, but nothing else.
Easy trolls: these players build in you city village.
Field master trolls: they dig the whole map.
Mountain trolls(hegyitroll): Block your places of mines.
Roadmasters: block your roads everywhere possible.
Masters of distance building: 7-10quarries and build lots of tower in other player's village.
Leavers: they leave the game without any words.
Leaver Farmers: they will make 25 citizens 14 buildings and leave after 53mins...without anywords.

My personal favourite is the Leaver farmer:)

I have to say making mistake randomly or Randoms are making mistake intentionally not the same thing...
OKay there are many kind of players, but who can be troll i think to those player know the game enough well to play normal mode also...
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 27 Oct 2013, 03:44

what about bridge trolls (Those who build over their bridges and into other people's bases)? trololol

My brother and I have played an extensive number of games with randoms lately. We've had relatively few leavers, though I don't have actual stats. However, we've had many farmers. In my opinion, these are not trolls but newbies.

I should start making a personal stat list of leavers to non-leavers and those with an army to those without an army after peacetime is over.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Bludmaster

Bowman

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 27 Oct 2013, 10:35

You cant do this ben since changing nick in game take 10 seconds .. and all trolls will just change nicks after every trolling session
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 27 Oct 2013, 12:20

You cant do this ben since changing nick in game take 10 seconds .. and all trolls will just change nicks after every trolling session
Not even 10 seconds. You can play in one game as 2 players at the same time from one computer(with 2 different nicks) :mrgreen:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 27 Oct 2013, 16:51

Of course, but my brother and I have already met several players who are using the same nick every day (well, they're the same as best as we can tell, and they remember us). The idea is not to find all the trolls, but all the serious, fair players.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 27 Oct 2013, 17:25

If i know well on the forums(other country's forums) are some topic with Pro players and troll players.

Maybe should to make a list of the truth or trusted players also. Without any category. Only the names.:S
I know this is an unusefull idea...
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 01 Dec 2013, 08:25

But sometimes people steal others' names, so you can't surely tell, he's the same player.
Probably it would still make sense to do a list, because there are not that much nick steals.
<<

Zippo

Militia

Post 01 Mar 2014, 13:04

People nowadays think 90 PT and 2,5 speed is normal.... all because of the map Cursed Ravine I think. People dont even want to consider x2 speed... you cant even play a game with that speed everyone just quits... I think the speed really messed up the skill of the average player...

So many noobs online -.- Zzzzzzzz
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 01 Mar 2014, 17:12

Well that is the sad truth. I never have a challenge playing with randoms these days. On one hand, you could say the speed has brought fourth many new players (who of course are unskilled). The other hand says that the skill just encourages players to not manage their economy properly. For example, running out of timber is devastating to your economy, but also kinda boring since you are just staring at nothing getting done. Now, waiting around for 10 minutes doesn't feel like such a big deal; playing on 2.5x.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 01 Mar 2014, 18:00

Well the biggest bad point is just, that you can´t play with new/random people. In normaly every other MP game, you can find and meet new players and you can start a game whenever you want, because there are always players, that are playing right now. This worked in the Remake also quite well before the fast speeds were implemented.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 03 Mar 2014, 04:29

Hmmmzzz, well I still think that it is a little off topic. I split posts to new topic here: http://knightsandmerchants.net/forum/vi ... =26&t=2107

Topic cleaned. Further off topic posts will be deleted. Please handle moderating questions by using private messages. Thank you!
<<

John_Outward

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 11 Mar 2014, 19:59

I have played Kam back int he days when I was a kid but back then I didn't care about anything I just played it have fun with it..... and then I was in this year 2014 that kam has a remake and I am back in the game in multiplayer.

So my think: for my time spend on game when I was a kid hope u will not say "if u don't like it go playa nother game"
1.The problem is that still I fill with 2.5 speed the game is just to slow for example a game to finish it to about hours 2-3, back when I was playing the game years ago I didn't even used f8 speed option because I thought is "cheating lol".
Last game that I played cursed ravine 4v4 and lose was hmmm 7 hours! can u belive that I mean wtf was that? 7 hours and then in other day I won team game 4.5 hours wtf man?
Kam games simply takes to long u can workout at gym 1 muscle group in 30 min..... in here u build some buildings in 1 hour...

2. WHy do u need to wait 1 hour to finnish your base when u can do it in 15-20 min with some solutions.....

3. So here is the think like some ppl said before Don't remove buildings from the game insteed why can u "ADD EXTRA OPTION" where the buidlings builds 50%faster, the resurces produce 50% faster, corn grows faster , pig grows faster, the ppl work faster.......u just degrese the time need like u would do it Warcraft 3 the barks has lets say 60 sec to build well now it has only 30 sec....

SO again don't just say if u don't like it don't play it I just fell like a loser when u have to play 1 match for hours and hours ...... who has that much time?
I think most of the ppl will play for a while but when u see that u play 1 hour then somebody dc..... u wasted time and on top of that u had to wait 10-20 min to he lobby to set a game.... some ppl also have some kind of conetion problems..... they will leave at some point.

So how aobut a test slider where u set the buidlings and resurces to just take less time to make.... and even lower cost of the buidlings.
Can u just speed up the economy while kam some of the kam spirit?
I mean what the old orginal idea of kam was to play 1 match for hours and hours?
I now fell like why do I need to wait 1 hour to build the base when u can wait much less time 15-20 min.... I fell like with the speed slider is not much...
Sorry for the grammer mistakes but u get the point.
TNX I like the game and appreciate the effort done...
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 11 Mar 2014, 20:51

even more options will divide the community even further then the speed slider does. And besides if you play such long games it means hardlt no one attacks. I think it is more a lack of aggresive mentality. I do not think it should be justified to shape the game to this lack of mentality, but people should try to improve. Most games i play is on 1x speed and it lasts max 1,5 hours with a few exceptions. So on 2,5x speed it eould probably take half an hour. I know i am not a developer but these suggestions do not have my vote.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”