Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Current Market Trades

<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 09 Aug 2013, 11:28

Re: Current Market Trades

I prefer wooden shield : ores/coal 1:1 lategame.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 24 Aug 2013, 23:59

I'd like to see a 2.1 market values.

I still prefer 2.0 version than this current 2.2 (as Ben stated, many worthless comparisons).
And actually the ones he mention as good trades, are same in 2.0.

There aren't "new tactics", just "less tactics".

I also find tedious and annoying to catch up gold chest production with military production... after 2hs game you see how barracks get hugely overloaded of weapons, and your schools can't train enough recruits... You need to necessarily abuse markets for either chests or mineral ores.

1 trade I miss from 2.0 market is: 2 bread -> 1 gold chest (fine exchange, but current is 3 bread, too slow)

------------------------------------------

Noone builds market anymore during PT, while in 2.0 market there were many city building options.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Aug 2013, 03:25

The marketplace is still used during PT, just not very much (mostly for making maybe a few wooden shield trades or wooden weapons to horses or sausage).

1 sausage -> 1 corn doesn't work. I tried it many times and it just doesn't do anything extraordinary. Maybe more skilled players could come up with something.

But, overall, Jeronimo, you are right. The marketplace isn't good for PT strategies. It's just a place to exhaust excess late game wares. The food abuse was bad in the last release, but everything else seemed nice.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 12 Mar 2016, 09:17

Hi!
Resurrecting this old thread to post an observation: if you make leather armors and sell them back to corn, you get exactly the 4 corn used and the surplus of 1 pig.

Is this intentional?

Now, this isn't fast and definitely won't help rushing, but this little cycle seems useful because it requires no fertile tiles, produces enough food to sustain itself, and the pigs you get this way can be traded away for gold/iron/coal.
(Serfs do seem to prioritize the inn and the slaughter house over the market, thus you don't even really need to keep an eye on your stack of pigs)

I'm thinking of this as a strategy for the post-peacetime: instead of having your laborers sit around, they could just build these.

I've tried it and it seems to actually work this way, but was curious about your opinion on this.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 31 Mar 2016, 12:37

Yes, it seems true. Leather jacket gives 2 corn. But not effective to trade LJ to corn. you will get only bonus/free sousages. Unfortunately I've not seen yet winning game only with sousages. (I meant on the famous sousage boomerang):S I don't think it is an IMBA trade. The Leather jacket value is nice because there is lots of step before finish it. I don't see how could you abuse effectivly this normaly. :?
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 01 Apr 2016, 16:35

I don't see how could you abuse effectivly this normaly. :?
I wasn't talking about abusing, sorry if it wasn't clear: I was talking about something that your laborer could make when your town is finished.

I've tested some more, and building the required Farms seems generally better than selling the jackets, even after the town is done; I guess this could still be used when there aren't enough fertile tiles to properly keep building farms.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”