Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

No PT gaming

<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 04 Jul 2013, 06:08

No PT gaming

I have same topic on russian forum. http://kamclub.ru/forum/19-1249-1 . I dont know english well, and this text can have some mistakes.

I would like to tell you about the game without PT. We should pick map with army or a small town.
Consider the map The valley of dangers 2. Game 4x4, top-to-bottom. We'll play on bottom.

*Early game - before 20 min
Middle game - between 20 and 50 min
Late game - after 50 min

On loc 3 and 7 we have three ways:

1). Rush. On 15 min you should have 15 militia (with an average building skill). When you have it, you should scout the territory and attack/defence. It depends on enemy. But dont attack your enemy if you dont know how many soldiers/tower they have. They can parry your attack and go to the counter. If you cant beat your opponents before 25 min (or they cant beat you), you should make gold, food and mb iron. One people for team MUST HAVE! Two people at will, three people not recommended.

Rusher's town on 12 min:

2). Semi-rush. If you play this role, you should support your rusher. There are many ways to do that. You can make fast iron, and near 25 minutes you have some xbows (or pikes, NO SWORDS! is's too expensive). If you know, xbow likes tasty militia :D. Also you can make towers on the middle of the map (Helping your defender, which will be discussed later), you can put farms and weapon workshops at once. Semi-rusher is the most of variability player. 1-2 player, but not necessary.

3). Defender. You should build towers on the middle of the map before 15 min, and stones in it. If you cant do it in time - pray that theit rusher make a mistake. Rushers can have 10 militia on 12 min. You cant build towers so early. Because of it, you rusher should defend you when you build towers. And maybe your enemy is defender too. This situation can be:

But i was faster and our rusher helped me =)
Defender's town on 15 min:

If you play on loc 4 or 8, it's three ways too:

1). You are Semi-rusher. Your team have defender and rusher on locs 3 and 7, they need 3 adn 7 locs more than me.

2). You are rusher. Your team have other rushers or defenders you havent places in front.

3). You are late gamer. You should build your town so, that you play with PT 60 min. Your trumps - swords, bows, knights, etc. You can build 1-2 weaponworks if your teammates need them. You cant help your team on 20-30 min, but on 50 you have some swords and bows, and you become a mincer >D. 1-2 people for team.

Replays:

Rusher (green) & Defender (light blue) - http://yadi.sk/d/SXWcYHHT6HpFs
Semirusher -
I done see a sence to make replay to late gamer, because lots of people can build good city for 60 min.

Maps to play:
TVOD2 - best ni PT map now, in my opinion. Absolute balans, 4 "hidden" locs, towers in beginning + lots of resources in storehouse.
BR 2v2 - you have a little town with a sawmill and a little army.
Mountanious region - the same.
Land of hills - A little town, and good defence condition.
Kaderto - if you play KaM Remake before r3392, you must know what's this. My advise: playing 3x4 is better, 346 vs other.
Wish Star Deathmatch - i think it's playable, but it's a little unbalance, on bot passage is more marrow than on top.
The Same Rocks - not the best variant, but you have 2 "hidden" loc (1 and 8)
Kurwed Ravine :D - if you like this map so much, you can try it. I wrote this map only because of 4 "hidden" locs
Rocky coast - it's not the best variant too, but he have a little town and towers.
Blood river - why not? You have some "unlimited" resources abd towers, but havent food. It's rush protector =).
Strait of Sharks - the same/

I wrote what I remembered, the post will be appended.
Last edited by vovets1 on 04 Jul 2013, 14:44, edited 7 times in total.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Jul 2013, 06:35

Re: No PT gaming

Right before ZOLTAN started his 3v3 tournament, I was considering starting a "Blitzkrieg" tournament, i,e., no pt games. I wanted to make a good map for this first, and also wanted to play more no pt games to see exactly how the rules would have to work.

I've been playing no pt games for a while. Never with teamspeak players though....

There's all this talk about sefs defending themselves and balita mounted storehouses...why not just try making towers? If your enemy was also making towers than you really wouldn't be harmed in terms of time. However, if your enemy doesn't make towers, then you will most certainly be in trouble if your towers aren't placed good; though your enemy will be vulnerable.

I think that open maps will still be playable. For me, the largest problem would be how overpowered the rush would be. Trading all food for axes at the marketplace gets me 50ish militia very quickly (I might add, that it is hilarious to see people write "omg! how's it possible?" or something along those lines (6)). Having less starting food, and certainly less fish in the water, would be essential to stop overpowered rush.

Thanks for starting this post. I think that Teamspeak players should be commissioned to try this kind of gameplay and see how it works.

~Moved topic because this is more Remake related~

Oh, and your images are not appearing correctly. Please see our announcment on posting images to see the "offical KaM.net way" of posting images ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 04 Jul 2013, 06:42

On TVOD2 market are forbidden. On Blood river too, on others map we havent so mush resources to trade in beginning. I dont think that market is a big problem. We can owerpower rush. You should make more powerful rush :D and give the chance to defender to build towers. I agree that we should make more maps for gamse like this.
It will be good - no PT tournament.

p.s. unfortunatelly, i deleted photos from my computer. You can see it on russian forum. I cant post it here :(
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 04 Jul 2013, 07:48

vovets1, none of your links are working because it seems like the forum software filters the host name. Maybe you could upload your pics at imgur.com?
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 04 Jul 2013, 13:09

Now you can see photos
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Jul 2013, 15:37

Lol @ Seigfried, not reading poor old Ben's posts :P
<<

Siegfried

Knight

Post 06 Jul 2013, 12:10

Lol @ Seigfried too - but for another reason ;)

But I like the topic, because it finally presents a _real_ new strategy of gameplay. Not a small deviation from the 'standard procedure' like using fish instead of bread, but the rest is the same.

Btw: no pt games would finally solve the tower issue. Because you just don't have a peaceful time when you can build that tower wall. If you let your opponent do so, it's your own fault.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Jul 2013, 21:49

For once, I agree with you Seigfried :P

Very good points about the tower wall.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”