Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Build Orders

<<

Chris

Militia

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 08 Nov 2012, 18:58

Build Orders

As I come from mainly rts games, we used to have alot of strategy talk. Usually about certain build orders. It is very interesting and usefull for newcomers as well as veterans ( sometimes your stuck in your own little strategy)
My idea for this topic is to give anyone interested in it some tips and tricks and certain build orders for specific locations on populair maps.

Im develloping a new strategy since a while, as I lay focus on winning games instead of playing simcity for 2 hours, and so my build orders are focussed on the 60 min mark. My attention goes to my army instead of my fancy town and make it all as efficient and smooth as possible. (FARMS DON'T WIN GAMES MATT!!) Here we go......

The mini no market base strat

On golden cliffs you start with low resources in your store house and it makes quite a difference compared to other maps like back in the desert, keep this in mind!
To hell with the 40 builders, I build what i need as fast as possible and as efficient as possible.

(loc 3 golden cliffs)

-Place your school left of your storehouse and let the builders build 3 more roads to the east I train 2 builders first and then a make serfs and builders simultanously till i have 12 builders total then 3 stonecutters right after.
-When schools done, place you inn(close right after and open 10 mins later) on the right side of your storehouse and make 3 (yes only 3) stonemason
-Make a woodcutter on the southern forest
-Make a road to the north directly left of your school as far as the first tree and place a woodcutter there ( let him fell only)
-Your first woodcutter is now done and the sawmill is unlocked, place it directly above you school and connect with 2 roadtiles, now it's nicely located between the 2 woodcutters
-Start making a road from ur top woodcutter to the left into the coalfield, place 3 coalmines and build you road up north to the gold and place 1 goldmine
-Simultanously, when the sawmill is unlocked farms are also unlocked. Place 2 farms souteast of you stonemasons, connect and make like 36 fields above them.
-When the goldmine is done, place your goldsmelter NEXT to your school (13-15 mins)
-Build a road from the north woodcutter to the east to the iron and place 1 iron mine
-Make an ironsmelter next to the ironmountains, demolish your woodcutter there that is now done cutting and build an weaponsmitty (30 xbows 20 pikes for example) on the place where you north woodcutter was located.
-Place a fort above your weaponsmitty
-Your wood is running low now, so it's time to invest in wood. Make 1 north off your fort and 1 right off you farms. Don't build too much simultaniously and watch your wood!
-Place a pigfarm and a mill north of your southern woodcutter under your storehouse. Set the milldelivery on 1 !!! This way you will make like 40-50 bread within 60 mins
-Place a sawmill and woodcutter left of your mill
-Place 3 more coalmines next to your other 3 already
-Connect your other 2 ironmines and make another smelter above the first one
-Make 2 armorsmitty's (both 25 armor, they will run simultaniously with the weaponsmitty now), 1 above your smelters next to the fort, the other one south west of your weaponsmitty
-Your farms should already be producing corn by now and the mill and pigfarm are up (your pigfarm can produce 12 pigs and skins this way in 60 mins) Place a bakery and butcher north of inn
-Place a tannery next to your butcher there
-Place a weaponsworkshop next to your southern sawmill (24 lances, 12 skins remember?)
-Place an armory next to your armorsmitty in the north (24 leatherarmor)
-Place 2 towers north and 2 towers east from the road to the iron mines, also plant a school and a fishersmanshut there when your on the way.

Voilla !

A mini base with a decent army(30 xbows 20 pikes 20 lance), selfsufficient in food!
hints:
-make no more then 50 serfs total
-start recruting at 45 mins
-You have spare time for more farms and a stable, but try this first
-place 1 or 2 more coalmines and you can also fit in another goldmine with a smelter later on.
-You can also fit in some militia

I'll try to put up a replay soon with this! HF and GL !

Mr. Fu
The clown formerly known as Fu
<<

Chris

Militia

Post 14 Nov 2012, 15:55

Re: Build Orders

Here's the replay, so you guys can get an idea
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 14 Nov 2012, 19:18

Fu, why would you even want such a small base? I mean isn't pt pretty boring then?
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 14 Nov 2012, 20:18

but how will you compete in the long run? if you fail to destroy your enemies after pt they will outproduce you by far.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Chris

Militia

Post 15 Nov 2012, 18:20

LOL @ boring Bo, I get your point haha.. I see it as a challenge :)
Outproducing me with what? Some leather crap? This build will give you a good start with a decent army (50 iron 20-30 leather) And thats alot better then i see most noobs and newcomers do with some xbows and a handfull of lances after PT. It's not like you die after 60 mins, maybe i should make the replay longer. You just keep going from there, I place a 2nd weaponsmitty after PT and a second weaponmaker. I put out plenty enough units after PT this way.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”