Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Planned market changes

<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 10 Sep 2017, 17:32

Re: Planned market changes

I was beiliving it will be faster than testing it;)
But I will look after it. I think to the statistics at the end of the game presents the traded wares too, so In my opinion it is calculating with the traded wares too. ;)
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 14 Oct 2020, 11:33

Market year 2020

It is going to be longer one, take a seat and crips with you.
A little summarize in 2020 where the market is what is popular, what is not. (based on 60PT experinces,r6720)

If I say the time when the strategies with and without were racing ended in the previous decade then probably, I don’t lie. The market practically let be a major building what is built near to the end of PT. If remember correctly the market had a kind of economy save purpose when a player gets out of gold or wood etc. then could fix it with a cost. Well I’ve seen this case ‘once-once’ per year, when a player needs to make a market in early game. But more practical solution is to get back to lobby and go autosave02. What I see the market let be a building to trade the not used, not necessary, overproduced wares. The most popular trades are where the players do not have to invest more then 5-6serfs, anyway the ECO would go down significantly - not enough the market is taxed heavily. The popular trades not cost more than 6-7 wares. For example, stone trade is popular, but nobody trades 32 for a horse. That is not worth it because would take so much from the economy. The market gets more and more popular. My opinion is could adjust few of the values to some get be a bit cheaper trade and some has a bit higher price. Not even talk about the new r12+++ has added Townhall which change the price of the gold and gold ore and coal also. So soon there is time to discussion about wares price balance discussion also. Idea:Lower taxes on higher prices, above 6-7wares?

Some popular and unorthodox Market trades in r6720.

Definitely the market is a mid-late game building and mostly used for get some boost for the economy mainly for not renewable wares. There are wares what are really not worth to trade or rather would say not part of any win condition. Have you ever seen a game won by trading horses? I don’t think there is such a strategy.
I guess there isn’t any surprise if I write the most popular market trades based on stone and wooden shield. Stone to corn or food, wooden shields to ores/corn/food. These trades are kind of reasonable and valuable ones. After the end of peacetime players get several idle serfs, less building and road construction so the free serfs and idle quarries are nice resource for trading and boosting weakness of the economies. ‘~2Quaries’re equal 1farm’. Trading stone let be part of the daily games. It does not really have downside. Fine let be correct and say the biggest disadvantage to trade stone is the number of serfs required to do it. Have you tried to get horse from stone? Trading really can pull down the economy if the player does not have the numbers to do it. I tried mass timber trade to horse, city stopped because that trade. and that trade only cost 11timber not 32 stone.

The wooden shield trade is rather because the iron production mostly goes for the melee direction which used to get the long bow support. So if the 3-4 armoury workshops produce wooden shield also, then it is going to be spammed frequently twice-three times more than axes. If open barracks in game then possible the most spammed weapon is the wooden shield, or it just does not have other weapons to train an axe fighter. So can trade the not used ones. After the PT the wood production used to be stabilized because the less building construction. The wooden shield as trade is a very good and quick resource to fix hunger issues in the villages. the 1:1 bread/wine trade is a very strong deal. Wooden shield to corn is not a bad one if need more corn to boost piggies/stable(-s). Wooden shield trade in late games are going insanely strong when need to search resource for coal/iron/gold ore trades. This is mostly used on maps with very low and low resources.
I guess probably these two resources for trading would get 5 stars as a deal. Low risk trades.

There are some oldschool and already less used trades based on wooden weapons. These trades used to be to get 1-2horses for quick scouting. Mostly used villages without stables. 4wooden weapon to one horse is a fair deal. But based on the used amount of woods for the trade already could build 2 farms and a stable for a stable horse production. Or who knows? Time to time see player trading lances/bows for gold ores or iron ore. These are not the best deals because could get those ores from the same amount of timbers also. But what could do with 20lances and 20bows if there is not leather jacket. Then the ore, food chain supply support trades going to be good choices. Wooden weapons as trade deals definitely get 4 stars.

But what if a player has +20 iron armour without iron weapon because bad, not balanced builds or bad ware distribution or because a forever hungry blacksmith? Would you trade the iron armors? Definitely the iron armor as source of trade is very rarely used. Not many players would think about. There are several interesting offers for it. Of course, the first question what pops up, why would I trade the strongest item of the game? Well the situation could require it. I’ve been part of game where this 15-20(x2)ironarmor let be first traded to gold to can get quickly fix gold production to can get the 30 bowmen as quick as possible. Even the next 10-15armor was traded to axe. These trades seem a bad decision of course, but in-game hard to deal with a dead economy. Waste 10minutes to fix the economy or rather get the 30bowman with 15milities as soon as possible to one-click the enemy and close the game. The iron armor 1:1 trade to leatherjacket is a nice option. Only bows are in barrack with iron armor, then why not? Side note, the iron shield deals are the same as armor.. The armor trade is definitely an unorthodox deal and very situational. But because the value, it gets 2stars by me.

If iron then worth to mention the iron weapon trades also. These offers a bit higher process then the armor/shiled. Of course, iron weapon trades are a bit out of focus because players rather wait for iron armour then trade a pike to a wooden weapon. Honorable mention is to trade iron weapon to leather in 1:1. Quickly will get leather jacket from it. Of course if does not have 4piggies. The iron weapon trades get 3 stars because it is easier to use and deal with it then with the armor.

There is the called ‘iron only’ strategy when the player goes for iron only army, sometimes with militias, but as we know the head of the axe could be kind of metal also… This strategy used to sue the market heavily. If a location does not have minimum 4-5 quickly available iron mines then the strategy without market is almost forgettable. Interesting is to the market is used very various ways to get iron ore, coal. My personal favourite one is the infinite iron only strategy when trade the skin to 2 iron ore and trades the piggy also to 2 coals and trade some timber also to get some coal. This way ‘1farm is 1 mine’. The rest of the time could go for axe. The first main question mostly used to be how do get the additional iron ore. The best options to use wooden shield, timber, skin, stone. And what if out of coal, then need the coal also to be traded…I saw players used 2timbers, but the 1:1 tree trunk is way better, calculating with it also way better (1 woodcutter=1coalmine and infinity), here still good to mention the wooden shield and the skin as resource. Probably the 6 stone is fine for coal also, but it is not infinity. To me seems the regular iron only strategy ends if one of the resources (coal/iron) is depleted. If would not end then the when each of them…that definitely stops the economy or heavily decrease the earlier spam. The skin gets 4 stars, and the piggy 2stars as deal.(2only because major food resource)

Have you ever seen somebody to trade a horse to get 2sausages? :D 5stars deal…and yes played it.
What about the Townhall and trading for goldore in r12+++?

Personal wish: Please add inn management so the player could be able to add trading based onfood. Little red triangles for enable/disable special type of food in inns. Trading sausages is almost impossible now. Thank you!

I hope this one can open discussion about balance the prices, wares.
market t.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 14 Oct 2020, 16:40

So it looks like the cost of delivering wares should contribute a slightly more weight in wares cost calculation.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 14 Oct 2020, 17:22

So it looks like the cost of delivering wares should contribute a slightly more weight in wares cost calculation.
Agree. That could be a fair way to adjust some of the values. For example trading 32 stones just way too much time and effort.
I think everything above 7-8 is worthless to trade. 7 is kind of 'meh' category with stone trade also. Even could not imagine trading 7 coal to a leather jacket.Furthermore trading stone to a fish is dangerous play to set it for longer period.

Could use less and less tax on the higher amount of wares required trades; above 7-8. May I ask how much is the tax now, 2 or 2,5 now?
1-7 wares required: fix tax (2 or 2,5)
7-32 wares required: at 7wares tax is 2- at 32 only 1,5 or something similar. It is just an idea for giving kind sale offer.

Do not misunderstand please, the market overall is fine now, only few values are just outstanding and not usable.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”