Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Planned market changes

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Mar 2013, 16:34

Re: Planned market changes

Once we are able to trade weapons more easily, I am guessing that this is how it is going to work: At the beginning of the game (during peacetime), mining and smelting it will be the best way to gather it, but after peacetime, the marketplace will by far surpass normal methods of obtaining gold. Even if a player still has three working gold mines, I think that four or five weapon workshops will be able to produce more gold by selling axes.

Of course this would depend on the amount of space for woodcutters...
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 12 Mar 2013, 16:40

You'll need really big bases to surpass the normal way of obtaining gold.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Mar 2013, 16:55

You'll need really big bases to surpass the normal way of obtaining gold.
That isn't hard on the current maps that we Teamspeak players play on, and I'm sure that the official release popular maps (such as The Same Rocks) won't have this issue. Of course, we shouldn't balance the game around maps, but rather balance maps around the game, so this really isn't a problem. Still, I imagine that building the marketplace will be unavoidable in lategame, but that's not really a problem, in my opinion. What would bother me is if the marketplace was an essential peacetime strategy.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 12 Apr 2013, 14:16

Hi!
I dont remember exactly does the stone has non-renewable factor?
t
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 12 Apr 2013, 14:34

Hi!
I dont remember exactly does the stone has non-renewable factor?
t
Yes it does.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 14 Apr 2013, 10:15

Hi!
r5116
hm...:) in this release the market will be much much usable.
I tried out, and how i think now the wooden weapon trading is very strong option.
2wooden weapon-1 leather armor
4wooden weapon-1horse.
Make 8++wooodcutter 3-4sawmill-and 4 worksop
2 workshop is working for barrack(axes).
and another two is working for market(lances).
Dont necesarry to build stable, workshops could be faster. 2 fluently working workshops+market can produce nearly 1horse /1-1,5mins.

I think the wine is maybe better quality than were before some release, but lot time still wont be in the game.
If the wine could be better price in the market (wine should be more tradeable) and also the Inn has the 'little red flags' as store and barrack now maybe the players will build more wineyards too.

Wooden weapon trading seems a really good option. MAybe the 2 wooden weapon for 1 leather armor is the strongest. Dont necesarry build Swines, stables, vineyards...
Now i have a feeling as same why you dont implement the Townhall...Because the game will be easier... everybody will chose that way...etc...

Now maybe should to rebalance the market and the other parts of the game also.
I like to we can use fluently weapon trading, but until now we couldnt test really this way. Now easy to 'abuse' it. I tried some times before but im always failed because couldnt controll th weapon flowing.

idea:
Maybe the weapons need a 'usage' or 'usable' factor what is a scale 0-10 or some kind of % number... or for the horse 'the speeding' factor...
i dont know exactly how is it look out, i cant find on the forum now.:(

Always problems with market:).

Regards!
t

PS: ' nobody wants to the market usage be stronger than the original, or classical building ways....'
hm...:) but now where are those ways? ;)
Maybe will the oldmarket values be back?
;)
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 14 Apr 2013, 19:23

When someone talks about Market, I almost always read the word "easy", "strong", "abuse", "cheat". That's not true.

The only way you can prove it (and shut me once for all :wink:), is showing us 1 replay, just 1 replay, where you backup your statements.
But you'd better surprise us... I'l be very critical if you fail, hihihi :D hihihi

I'm in the side that see Market has become useless during PT.
Only as a lategame Tool, but also too expensive IMO (to keep game in good flow).
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 14 Apr 2013, 20:22

When someone talks about Market, I almost always read the word "easy", "strong", "abuse", "cheat". That's not true.
Yes read becasue when the balance processing is making the progrmmers always see the that the market usage never be easier than classical large city building way. i read in the past this is important. And yes easier trade now for example horses than make stable and feed one or two stable.
The only way you can prove it (and shut me once for all :wink:), is showing us 1 replay, just 1 replay, where you backup your statements.
But you'd better surprise us... I'l be very critical if you fail, hihihi :D hihihi
I wouldn't like to shut you, but sometimes i play without goldmines on golden cliffs(some pictures on the forum some on the Team Speak) and i performed better than i play with 2 or 3 goldsmelter...
Anyway i tried out the weapon trading and 10scouts from trading +30iron units never bad on golden cliffs, and i cant imagine if i can do this what will do the better players... I would like to show replays, but these kind of replays are workshop secrets;)
And i would like to the other players also find out, and feel these ways also. Only watching replays not same as try to do it and spend hours find some good the strategies...
Experiences...;P

I'm in the side that see Market has become useless during PT.
Only as a lategame Tool, but also too expensive IMO (to keep game in good flow).
the basic building rules are chanched, so many other thing also...Need to find out again the ways, but i have to say, if players dont have wood problem weapon trading could be strong yes.
(anyway 4 ironbar 1horse
3 iron armor 1 horses seem to me little unfair. If i remember well the values were these)
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 02 May 2013, 08:47

We played a long game yesterday (2:17:00) in Western Desert map.

I'm not the only one who would like to try a "2.1 market" by now.
This 2.2 market version is drastically expensive compared to 2.0... it resembles to a 2.3-2.4 version more than 2.2.

Another topic... Will the Archers efficient micro return to game? I remember Matt's proposal to cut animation, and recharge arrow once he stands again.
In this WD match we had... many archers got slaughtered because of the "new slow reaction", and even kept shooting while their companions were retreating... a lot of free kills for opponents. Microing shooters was removed from game. :(

Come on companions, back it up! :D
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 02 May 2013, 08:59

I will not speak about the market yet, but what i will do is explore the trade of wooden weapons since that might be a bit too cheap in my opinion. As for the archers i agree with jeronimo,just let them reload when you repositioned them will be a good way to fix the abuse and increase flexibillity since a few knights can easily slaughter entire groups of ranged units when they have the chance.

*edit* i just noticed which topic thhis was posted in, the ranged unit part is offtopic here.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 02 May 2013, 19:09

Yeah.. terribly off topic :P

As for the marketplace, I am on the same grounds as Disco: I'd like to test this marketplace out more. I wish Pizza was playing right now because if he were, it wouldn't take long to figure out if this marketplace is imba :D
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 02 May 2013, 19:12

This market won't be imba. Whatever you'll try.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 02 May 2013, 19:24

Thanks, Matt :P :D
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 03 May 2013, 02:23

Thanks, Matt :P :D
I dont get it.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 03 May 2013, 08:40

gg

EDIT: Just a little sarcasm. I guess that I've butchered this topic by now. Back to the marketplace!!

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”