Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Delivering priorities

<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 08 Apr 2013, 13:26

Re: Delivering priorities

We thought about allowing to cancel feed order (e.g. by making a button 2 state, pressed and depressed), but I would like to approach the feeding in complex with numerous requests to allow to choose which soldiers (below certain hunger level) should be fed.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 09 May 2013, 08:17

About feeding of soldiers (once again):
It now works great, my soldiers actually get food when I want to feed them. Thanks to the changed priorities I don't have to close my inn anymore. There is, however, a new problem now. :P
Because feeding soldiers works so well, accidentily pressing the 'feed' button is now a major mistake. Yesterday I recruited a group of crossbowmen and I wanted to change their formation, but I accidentily fed them (while I had a mild food crisis already). There are some ways to fix this:
- A confirmation window
- Place the button somewhere else (there are many unused buttons)
- Only feed troops with a condition below 25% (debatable, and this is not a real solution as you might still feed your troops unwantedly)
- Have two different buttons, one to feed all soldiers in a group, one to feed only the hungry ones
- More?
<<

krisdw

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 09 May 2013, 09:40

Some very nice suggestions, I especially like the last one. Sometimes you merge groups together but some aren't hungry at all, while others are. Splitting them all apart is such a pain sometimes, so having your serfs only give food to the hungry ones would be awesome.

Confirmation window also sounds good. :)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 09 May 2013, 09:52

A confirmation window
Since feeding soldiers doesn't happen too often (about 30 minutes?) and because there is already a confirmation menu implemented into the game, I think that this is the best proposal thus I've heard thus far.
Have two different buttons, one to feed all soldiers in a group, one to feed only the hungry ones
This is not really related, but it is definitely needed. I can't tell you how many times I've seen this issue posted. My uncle also always complains about this when we play the game together :P

P.S., Dark Lord, I now get to make fun of your spelling, because it is accidentally not accidentily! (6)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

H.A.H.

Lance Carrier

Post 13 May 2013, 14:32

My suggestion would be to keep the feed button pressed as soon as you've clicked it. Until every unit is fed, it will stay pressed. Whenever the user clicks the pressed button again, it becomes unpressed and the action is canceled.

I wouldn't go for a confirmation window: they do not appear in the game at all, and are very obtrusive.
Last edited by H.A.H. on 13 May 2013, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 13 May 2013, 21:36

- Only feed troops with a condition below 25% (debatable, and this is not a real solution as you might still feed your troops unwantedly)
Isn't this how it worked in KaM TSK/TPR? Don't know if it was 25%, but if the troops' condition was almost full, you couldn't feed them.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 14 May 2013, 02:58

Now that you mention it, I think that this was actually the case. I recollect having accidentally feeding soldiers who weren't hungry, and they wouldn't receive food.
Time to revive TPR and check this out :D

EDIT: Tom is right. Soldiers won't be feed until they reach a certain level of condition. What that level actually is, I do not know.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 14 May 2013, 05:00

EDIT: Tom is right. Soldiers won't be feed until they reach a certain level of condition. What that level actually is, I do not know.
In the KaM Remake it's 75%
<<

WollongongWolf

Lance Carrier

Post 09 Jun 2013, 21:34

Back putting the gold thingie up again as I encountered it a lot of times for me (might as well be bad play, but still),
So gold to the school has a high priority, just like feeding and constructing. Producing gold is fine as it is when there is gold, but when you notice too late you are out of serfs, it's kinda oops. I wonder if a command like
  Code:
if CREATING_GOLD_IMPORTANT then if (Ware in [wt_gold_ore,wt_coal])and (Loc_House<>nil)and(Loc_House.HouseType=ht_Metallurgist's) then Importance:=di_High;
Which I copied from the script and I adapted some strings. I'm not sure how that FOOD_TO_INN_IMPORTANT was defined, perhaps like this?:
  Code:
if COUNT(wt_gold == 0) //not sure how this would be defined though then CREATING_GOLD_IMPORTANT else CREATING_ GOLD_NOT_IMPORTANT if CREATING_GOLD_NOT_IMPORTANT then if (Ware in [wt_gold_ore,wt_coal])and (Loc_House<>nil)and(Loc_House.HouseType=ht_Metallurgist's) then Importance:=di_normal; //(or whatever that normal should be)
I'm not sure how much work it would be to put this in the script (and it probably contains some errors, and I'm not sure how lines are defined in pascal, I'm used to { } as in mIRC), but personally I think this is one of the few cases one can get really screwed over (or is it just me?)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 09 Jun 2013, 23:23

We've already made a changed to this since last release:
Gold to the school is now a higher priority than everything else, and will be done before any lower priority deliveries such: food to inn soldiers (priority 2), food to inn (priority 3) and material to construction sites (priority 4) and everything else (normal priority)

I see your problem, increasing the priority of deliveries to the metallurgist when you are low on gold would be good, but the check "COUNT(wt_gold == 0)" is not easy at all since the player can have multiple schools/storehouses, and we need these checks to be very quickly because we compare deliveries against each other when assigning jobs.

Maybe someone else has a suggestion?
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 10 Jun 2013, 10:49

Well i do not have much problems with gold. i sometimes happen to see my serfs delivering fresh produced gold from the metallurgist to the storehouse instead of my empty school which annoys me a little bit because i do not want to block gold in earlygame. The other problems are caused by myself mainly due have a lack of serfs and my gold production is far away so i cannot blame that on delivering priorities and thus i have no further suggestions.

on an unrelated sidenote from this gold delivery issue i have another suggestion which might have been suggested before. When serfs deliver materials to buildings thye just pick up stones and timber no matter what is already there. This can result in all stones being delivered first and then all timber. This is what can annoy me sometimes, especially when you are making your school or other buildings earlygame since that time is the most valuable. Maybe it can be changed so the serfs first deliver timber if it is available, and then stones?
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

WollongongWolf

Lance Carrier

Post 10 Jun 2013, 11:03

I see your problem, increasing the priority of deliveries to the metallurgist when you are low on gold would be good, but the check "COUNT(wt_gold == 0)" is not easy at all since the player can have multiple schools/storehouses, and we need these checks to be very quickly because we compare deliveries against each other when assigning jobs.
I don't have any clue about how such stuff would affect the game performance (in the end it's mostly just to fix a mistake made by the player), but by looking through a lot of scripts, I eventually ended up in the KM_playerstats file, line 29-33 which looks to me it's gonna count the initial amount, produced and consumed of a ware produced (or am I wrong?). If we then can perform the formula amount=initial+produced-consumed, we would get the total amount of gold. I'm not sure how to put that in a script though (also not sure yet how to turn it on and off), if you want I can send in pm some try-out of what it might look like (I don't think it's worth keeping spamming that much about it).
<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 19 Jun 2013, 19:01

Timber given to a building is a higher prioritie than given timber to a weaponworkplace? Because the AI don't get any timber (or at least very late) to his buildings. It mostly went to the weaponworkplace.

It maybe could because this building was far out of the AI's town and the weaponworkplace was not so far.

but i don't know. I say this in RC 4.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”