Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Axefighter/swordfighter balance

<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 03 Sep 2012, 15:18

Re: Axefighter/swordfighter balance

If you have to wait until max lengt is reached, you don't realy 'storm' anymore into the enemy. So you can never have full bonus.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

pepa999

Woodcutter

Post 03 Sep 2012, 15:29

If you have to wait until max lengt is reached, you don't realy 'storm' anymore into the enemy. So you can never have full bonus.
When enemy units will stay tightly after max length, it is a case, when you will have max bonus. But even if you could not obtain max bonus, it is unimportant. Important is, how that bonus will naturally increase.
Last edited by pepa999 on 03 Sep 2012, 15:33, edited 2 times in total.
<<

pepa999

Woodcutter

Post 03 Sep 2012, 15:32

When enemy units will stay tightly after max length, it is a case, when you will have max bonus. But even if you could not obtain max bonus, it is unimportant. Important is, how that bonus will naturally increase.
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 03 Sep 2012, 16:08

I suggest to give units, that used storm attack, bonus to attack more naturally. So, there is a maximum length, which units can travel during
storm attack. So, let define maximum bonus to damage from storm attack. Say, Damage +400%. So, this will be that bonus, only when max length
was traveled. When only 0.5 of that max length was travelled, bonus will be only 0.5 x MAX_BONUS, so +200%. When "pro" player will make
storm attack too close, it will be for example only 0.05 x MAX_BONUS, so only +20%.

Ridiculous :lol: ... that would mean that a militia can kill a knight with 1 SINGLE HIT... I thougt about 20-30% +hit chance, not +damage, that's not the same... I've written about the +attack to balance melee soldiers to be worth training, not to let a single militia kill a knight -.-" I tried to say some moderated, but important buffs given by the storm attack. I would suggest you something, but that would be "insulting".
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

pepa999

Woodcutter

Post 03 Sep 2012, 17:17

I suggest to give units, that used storm attack, bonus to attack more naturally. So, there is a maximum length, which units can travel during
storm attack. So, let define maximum bonus to damage from storm attack. Say, Damage +400%. So, this will be that bonus, only when max length
was traveled. When only 0.5 of that max length was travelled, bonus will be only 0.5 x MAX_BONUS, so +200%. When "pro" player will make
storm attack too close, it will be for example only 0.05 x MAX_BONUS, so only +20%.

Ridiculous :lol: ... that would mean that a militia can kill a knight with 1 SINGLE HIT... I thougt about 20-30% +hit chance, not +damage, that's not the same... I've written about the +attack to balance melee soldiers to be worth training, not to let a single militia kill a knight -.-" I tried to say some moderated, but important buffs given by the storm attack. I would suggest you something, but that would be "insulting".
Ridiculous is, that when i maked typing mistake, you did not understand it. I meaned attack of course, not damage. and +400% was only example, not number recommended by me.
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 03 Sep 2012, 18:01

Ridiculous is, that when i maked typing mistake, you did not understand it. I meaned attack of course, not damage. and +400% was only example, not number recommended by me.

Damage and Hit chance is way different. I did undestand what you've written. Anyway, I will stop commenting on this topic, because I don't want to say any insulting things. I'm out, your turn.

P.S.: I know it is offtopic admins, you don't have to warn me for this. Thanks.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”