Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM Remake gameplay balance

<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 17 Nov 2012, 19:54

Re: KaM Remake gameplay balance

One more month passed... Will testing ever happen?
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 17 Nov 2012, 20:06

After Lewin's exams I guess.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 18 Nov 2012, 00:16

Yeah my last exam is on the 23rd of November, then I'll have lots of free time to organise this. Unfortunately it takes way too much of my time to do when I have exams.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 18 Nov 2012, 06:19

Yeah my last exam is on the 23rd of November, then I'll have lots of free time to organise this. Unfortunately it takes way too much of my time to do when I have exams.
i think most people/ if not everyone can agree with this, i mean the remake will still be here to be adjusted while you might only have 1 or more chances(i know i only have 2 and i am on my second one already) for your exams. anyway you probably want to pass it in one time, and i think people will respect that instead of being (no offennse intended) impatient.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 25 Nov 2012, 12:22

Lewins fresh post on balance. It is in the other topic so i am copying a link for those who havent seen but are interested viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1261

Krom, Lewin, can i ask you? How much are you playing multiplayer on Remake? What do you think about joining few testing games together, is it possible?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 02 Dec 2012, 04:28

Lewins fresh post on balance. It is in the other topic so i am copying a link for those who havent seen but are interested viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1261

Krom, Lewin, can i ask you? How much are you playing multiplayer on Remake? What do you think about joining few testing games together, is it possible?
Well time we spend playing means less time programming. And I tend to prefer programming to playing anyway. I mainly play in the release candidates, so when we do the balance testing I'll try to play some games then. But I have limited time available and KaM is already taking a lot of it (forum, emails, programming, chatting with people, etc.) I always find I have more things to do than I anticipated, I haven't had time to organise the balance testing release yet even though I'm finished with University for the year because I've got a lot of other stuff going on. So yeah I'll try to find time to play a few games in the balance testing release.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Dec 2012, 05:39

Well time we spend playing means less time programming. And I tend to prefer programming to playing anyway. I mainly play in the release candidates, so when we do the balance testing I'll try to play some games then. But I have limited time available and KaM is already taking a lot of it (forum, emails, programming, chatting with people, etc.) I always find I have more things to do than I anticipated, I haven't had time to organise the balance testing release yet even though I'm finished with University for the year because I've got a lot of other stuff going on. So yeah I'll try to find time to play a few games in the balance testing release.
First things first, exams and personal life goes first Lewin, the remake will still be here for you to tweak while you may only have one chance left for certain things(speaking from experience here). this also applies to krom. I have to say however that playing games is the best way to find out imbalances and maybe a way to fix them. th eproblem is limited time so i guess the best option is either to have other people test it for you or analysing replays (wich you can watch with a greater speed = should be less time). Basically what i am trying to say is if you got time for a game it would be wise to do it ( if you are feeling like it), otherwise you need some testers with integrity (and preferable different playstyles) to help you out. but real life matters have top priority as you probably already know.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”