Re: Towers

Yes indeed, but maybe it'll convince them with an example :|
<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 07 Sep 2012, 14:11

So a vote counts only if the player manually replies?
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 07 Sep 2012, 14:13

Well if there was a poll it would be a lot easier, so unfortunately: yes.

Problem?
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 07 Sep 2012, 14:16

Problem?
No problem.

So if the majority voted for a tower change, will it be implemented? or why are we beta testing then?
Last edited by EDMatt on 07 Sep 2012, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 07 Sep 2012, 14:18

So what's the problem here? He has less troops than the others, but he has towers.
Bo means that he had quite a lot of troops.
idd...
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 07 Sep 2012, 14:24

@pepa999: It's always nice to see new ideas, no matter what they are :)

The cuestion with towers is simple: Many know that the 3/5 hit radio is "perfect"... so that's not the problem.
Indeed... Who wants to have towers back to 1-2 kills with 5 stones? That's silly and annoying.

The problem is that in big team games, a few strategic passages can be heavily blocked by towers.
That annoys agressive players indeed, so they travel around searching for a weak point to penetrate opponent's base.

Do you remember Golden Cliffs, Mulberry+Revolution vs Florek+Romek?
Towers sucked then, but Revo made like 12 towers blocking the south bridge in funnel form.
Florek Romek translated all the action to less protected entrances. I'ts "mass towers" psychological reaction.

You can try to shoot them down in most cases. That's the best way in my opinion to get through.
Or having a decent amount of Militia. Then you destroy in melee mode, while Ranged protect your men.

Tough I don't have personal problems with towers, I suggested Towerlimit bar for the guys :)
It would have to appear in Lobby/Game options (below peacetime). Default limit is 40 (max), so you can play "normally" as original Settings, or move the limit down if you think the map is too narrow, or look for more aggresive match.

As aside benefits, you can entirely play without towers (no need of mutator), or try experiments like max 5-10 towers, so placing them strategically becomes important in base planning, not just many towers everywhere...
Last edited by Jeronimo on 07 Sep 2012, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 07 Sep 2012, 14:26

Problem?
No problem.

So if the majority voted for a tower change, will it be implemented? or why are we beta testing then?
I don't know, I'm not a developer. But a poll is decisive.

I will now delete our off-topic posts since we've both read all of them.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 07 Sep 2012, 14:28

I watched the replay, it took 23 stones to kill 10 militia. If Matt's towers weren't even completely filled, you would have needed maybe 15 militia to get through. Not that 'op'.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 07 Sep 2012, 14:43

Yes, the same I think... Solution to problem: Militia (+ some labourers perhaps).
However that's not all, gain position with shooters and leather units behind.
It turns out expensive if you try to empty towers with Lancers now (3/5 hit!), that's unwise...

Try to beat defense in 1 decisive strike, because if he rejects your invasion and recharges all towers again, then you have lost many timber/chests. Since it's team work, distraction in other point will help to get inside easier.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 07 Sep 2012, 14:46

Towers are too good at the moment in my opinion.
This is what I said indeed. This is mainly based on the decreased amount of troops people have now, due to the food change. Towers were too weak for the amounts of troops made in the current release.

The argument that you can easily get through is true IF people don't make some meatshields and lots of ranged units. Shooting towers is nice and sometimes works, but you need to pay attention all the time otherwise they will just easily beat your troops. And even if you pay attention you lose more than your opponents most of the time.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

Post 07 Sep 2012, 15:37

I've read everything and he did not insult you. The only one who is insulting people here is you. Arguments do not get deleted, off topic posts like this one do.
I've also read everything, IMO nobody said anything to hurt someone else. Anti said that the majority here in this topic like towers the way they are now and Matt corrected him by saying that it's actually the other way around. Why is it needed to delete a post like that? If Matt is right, Isn't that a valid argument in itself? IMO posts shouldn't be deleted for things like that so easy.
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 07 Sep 2012, 15:44

The majority's opinion is that it is OP, especially To and Mully.
I think you should take our word for it Lewin :)
btw it was me who spammed those towers.
Saying that two persons (plus you) think they are OP doesn't mean that the majority thinks so.
I really think that they are just fine, because doing a huge tower spam is such a big loss in your economy ! But Lewin already explained it, it's not overpowered, it's a different tactic, a defensive one.
Are you sure about that?
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 07 Sep 2012, 15:49

Are you sure about that?
Yes I am.

Also ...
ou insulted me, deleted my posts, and gave me a warning,
I've also read everything, IMO nobody said anything to hurt someone else.
You see, you told me to read To's post, I did, and he says you weren't insulted, so stop the offtopic and complains.
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 07 Sep 2012, 15:56

O Matt how silly...
The reason that towerspam is a minor loss to your economy is because you're actualy a GOOD player.
No offense, but for a payer who can only have 50 buildings at pt towerspam will be a way bigger loss to your economy than a player who has 100 players.
You're right, again we're talking of the point of view of a good player, but I forgot our oppinion isn't important because we only insult everyone.
Oh that was offtopic, now it will be deleted. :(
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

-George Stain-

Axe Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 07 Sep 2012, 16:01

IMO towers aren't invincible, but they doesn't fit with this new food changes like said Da Revo, In game I feel like tied hands.. I really don't want build militias just becouse towers and must empty towers with labourers, for some chance to win in attack..

previous towers are too weak, but this towers are too strong x) I am supporting anything in between thereby..

btw, I think Pepa999 idea is very interesting, worth reading.. :rolleyes:
Image Image Image

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”