Post 19 Aug 2012, 14:36

Release candidate plans

The release candidate problems/plans are becoming more complicated so I thought I'd write them down here. I'll try to keep post this updated as we progress through the testing...

Release candidate 1 - r3812:
Bugs/issues:
- Fatal crash that happens fairly often during battles. This makes it hard to properly test anything.
- Error shown frequently in lobby: "Received a packet not intended for this state mk_GameCRC"
- If the unit starting condition change (matching TPR) is to be kept, multiplayer maps all need more starting food, similar to the original campaign missions
- Beacon cursor is invisible on some systems

Release candidate 2 - r????:
Scheduled released: 26th August, assuming all the known crashes are fix by then and multiplayer maps have additional food added (I'll do it in cases that the map's author can't).
Plan:
- Bugs from the first RC fixed, all multiplayer maps have more food
- Lag during multiplayer games (small pauses) will hopefully be less now
- Food costs in the market balanced to better match how much they feed your citizens
- Test food balance with maps having around 150 starting food. Make sure it is fun and easy enough to play without starvation being a problem (as long as you make an early food production)
- Test archer balance (random targeting, bowmen more accurate) now that it doesn't crash during battles
- Test for more bugs/crashes
- If it's fairly stable, send translation files to our translators to update all missing text (we only want to send it once so only do this if the release is mostly ready to go public and no text additions are planned)