Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Unpopular Multiplayer Maps

<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 Aug 2012, 09:40

Re: Unpopular Multiplayer Maps

I don't realy get what you're saying, I have only 1 remake and that's with that map so why wouldn't it be in the remake?
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 08 Aug 2012, 09:43

It was added in the past and removed later. So if you would remove Remake from your computer and install it again, you wouldn't have it. But since you already have it, it will haunt your computer forever because the Remake installer does not overwrite the map directory. ;)
Correct me if I'm wrong.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 08 Aug 2012, 09:44

Hmm...i didn't overwrite the older release i think. Still got both releases on my computer, but i still got bad mountains.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 08 Aug 2012, 09:46

No it's still in it. I've deleted my complete Kam folder, then I reinstalled it, and I have Bad mountains.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 08 Aug 2012, 09:48

Then it should be removed immediately and the same counts for North Bridge, they both have large areas from original KaM maps in them.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 08 Aug 2012, 09:53

Bad Mountains is in r3392. I didn't realise it had areas copied from KaM maps, could you elaborate please? I can't see any areas that look obviously copied but maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
North Bridge has not been in any official releases as we don't accept maps with copied areas.
EDIT: I think you're thinking of "Hard Mountain" which had large copied areas but was also never included.

I've fixed it so the full installer does remove any files that have been deleted since previous installations, previously only the "update" installer did but it seems that a lot of people update using the full installer so I changed it. We won't completely override the maps folder because that would delete people's own maps if they have made any.

I mostly agree with The Dark Lord's list.

Any maps in the top 20 or so are very unlikely to be deleted because people obviously like playing them if they have been played hundreds of times. This includes The Citadel, Battle Sun and obviously Across the Desert. Also, I don't think we'll be removing any original KaM maps like Battle for Coal because they're classics and the terrain quality is still excellent.
<<

ChrisEggII

Sword Fighter

Post 08 Aug 2012, 09:56

Bad Mountains: Unbalanced, who want's to play 5 vs 3 anyway?
Me! I played in "1000 corpses" and that was really interesting game, because those 3 players won ;).
Hmm... I see the most maps "for delate" were made by Janosiczek and Paker. I think they both should work harder, because the most of their maps are ugly and really unbalanced.
I saw also next his map, which shouldn't be in Remake. I don't remember name, but I remember that there are 2 storehouses for everyone and one position is in center.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 08 Aug 2012, 09:57

My first post in this topic points it out pretty clearly: http://knightsandmerchants.net/forum/vi ... ?f=5&t=902

@ChrisEggII: I think 'he' should work harder, because Janosiczek and Paker are one and the same person... Yeah I know.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 08 Aug 2012, 10:02

My first post in this topic points it out pretty clearly: http://knightsandmerchants.net/forum/vi ... ?f=5&t=902
That's "Hard Mountain" not "Bad Mountains" (it's the one with lots of stone diving the map down the middle) To my knowledge none of the maps in r3392 include copied terrain.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 08 Aug 2012, 10:04

Oh I see, I'm sorry. :$ All those mountains... :P
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 08 Aug 2012, 10:06

I think they both should work harder, because the most of their maps are ugly and really unbalanced.
I agree most of those maps aren't fun to play. The main problem is that He (they, multiple personalities) made too much maps...most people keep trying to make one of their maps better while he has like 30 maps.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 08 Aug 2012, 10:09

Bad Mountains: Unbalanced, who want's to play 5 vs 3 anyway?
Me! I played in "1000 corpses" and that was really interesting game, because those 3 players won ;).
Hmm... I see the most maps "for delate" were made by Janosiczek and Paker. I think they both should work harder, because the most of their maps are ugly and really unbalanced.
I saw also next his map, which shouldn't be in Remake. I don't remember name, but I remember that there are 2 storehouses for everyone and one position is in center.
Yes that's Paker's style of building maps... They suck. Honestly. :D
But If the 3 players start with op locations they'll probably win. That's what I ment with unbalanced..
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 08 Aug 2012, 10:13

I think they both should work harder, because the most of their maps are ugly and really unbalanced.
I agree most of those maps aren't fun to play. The main problem is that He (they, multiple personalities) made too much maps...most people keep trying to make one of their maps better while he has like 30 maps.
I completely agree. 1 map like Golden Cliffs is worth more than 200 poor quality maps. (and the number of times the maps are played shows this)

On a different note: We shouldn't judge maps because they're unique/unusual. There's nothing wrong with 3 vs 5 if it's well designed/balanced and has good terrain quality. It's nice to play something other than a classic style of map. I'm not saying 1000 Corpses is balanced or good quality, but just in general there's nothing wrong with something different even if you don't personally like to play it.
<<

Luki

Lance Carrier

Post 08 Aug 2012, 10:13

Allow me:

- 1000 Corpses
Unbalanced, unpopular, terrain is average
- Atoll
Is like Coastal Encounter but the terrain is pretty bad
- Bannockburn
As said before I like the historical story behind it but it is indeed very unbalanced and the map quality is extremely poor
- Battle Moon
Unpopular and uninteresting terrain
- Dream
Unbalanced
- Frozen Canyons
Mostly flat and pretty boring map
- Game of Thrones
Unbalanced, questionable map quality
- Game of Thrones II
- HOMA I
- HOMA II
- Kaderto
Has had its' best time; unbalanced and unpopular
- L-O-S-T Survival
Unpopular, unbalanced, map
- Open World
Needs to be fixed, one player has 50 flour while all others only have 10. That's what you get if you're used to giving every player a different starting amount of resources
- Roads
Unbalanced, unpopular
- The Kingdoms
Unpopular, unbalanced...
- The King's Favourite
Unpopular, unbalanced, poor map quality
- Time To Die I - Swamp
Pretty unpopular, ugly terrain
- Tundra
Unbalanced and unpopular

That's all for now, my list was actually 36 maps long but I removed some of them.
Well, i disagree with many of them. I Personally very like, if players have diff starting resources.

- Dream- in my opinion very interesting map, and people playing it. Idea with no market here is nice also. Only space is poor.

- Bad mountains- like this map, 5 v3 sounds for me lots better than whole time 3v3 or 4v4. And with many skilled player its very interesting map.

- The Kingdoms- One of my favourite maps. 8 players, 3 teams( 2 guys team are very strong) - only some terrain should be fixed.

-Roads- agree with you, but i seen improved version and balance is better now.

- Kaderto- as i said, like unbalanced maps. But now with many news map people dont play it ;<

And i have few ideas about cooperative missions: They should be kinda improved( i mean coop using original TSK maps).

-TSK 7 isnt worth to play, when 3 players fighting just one enemy with barracks who recruiting troops slow. Increasing speed, which AI trainning his troops( maybe every 20-25 sec?) and added possibility to second AI to make some troops( but with average speed) will make it better.

-TSK 8, TSK 20 - here also increasing training speed AI will be nice. Still didnt play TSK 12, but probably AI also train army too slow.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 08 Aug 2012, 10:37

-TSK 7 isnt worth to play, when 3 players fighting just one enemy with barracks who recruiting troops slow. Increasing speed, which AI trainning his troops( maybe every 20-25 sec?) and added possibility to second AI to make some troops( but with average speed) will make it better.
Thanks for the feedback, I've made the AI train soldiers faster.
-TSK 8, TSK 20 - here also increasing training speed AI will be nice. Still didnt play TSK 12, but probably AI also train army too slow.
We don't' want to make the coop missions only for pro players. How easy were they? Do you think average players would find them too easy?

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”