Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Town Hall / Siege Workshop

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 22 Oct 2013, 17:22

Re: Town Hall / Siege Workshop

I'd certainly prefer the ability to make siege weapons during peacetime. It'd be an interesting strategy to see people make mass siege and try to rush the enemy. Perhaps since siege don't need to be fed, they could just pile up inside the vehicle's workshop until the trumpet sounds?
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 22 Oct 2013, 17:37

Well that or when we would decide to implement my idea about "refilling" so they will be automaticly filled with weapons when the pt ends :P Problem would be that you could scout with them...
<<

WhiteWolf

Warrior

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 29 Oct 2013, 12:24

OK then... Let's make siege weapons go to barracks on their own when produced.
Better by serfs rather than on their own.
Of course, but I always assume no one will be around to make entirely new animations for the Remake.

Yeah, TDL is right, we can't really add siege peacetime to single player :x
If anyone made animations with the serfs, the serf could easily be replaced by a recruit (same animation, different guy). That would solve one of the arguments the makers of the remake gave for not implementing them (moving on their own).
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 31 Oct 2013, 01:01

About the siege units.
For me those units look out good. No problem those are moving without serfs or recruits etc.
The graphic is great and okay.
The strengh of the units are okay, one shot one kill. No problem because this units cost are huge and not very easy to defend them. 5ironbar and 5 timber. What can you train from this resources?
Have you ever seen the speed of this units? The slowest game pieces ever. A serf walking faster with ironbar...;)
The weakest units ever 1-2two hits and if i though on that 5 ironbar:S ....Anyway sometimes seem to the serfs stronger than some shielded soldiers.
Attacking the enemy buildings with these units?? -forget it, if you have 3-4 from these what kind of other army will you have, maybe knights?(okay depends of the map) And how transport them to the enemy village?
Defending the city with these? MAybe but there could be counter problems( 2 catapult vs 5milites+5 xbow.--->2vs10?)

I support the siegeworkshop because can make more colorfull the game. But if i think on the strongest strategies in the MP games are the playest then i dont think to the siege will be in the MP games...
SiegeWsp is in the MP just waste of the resources, but for the SP could be wonderfull.
As you guys talked about these things;)

PS:but at first should to focus much better on to the Townhall and his things which could be for example a strong unittransform building;P
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 31 Oct 2013, 03:01

I think it's worth noting that siege equipment's cost/attack strength can easily be adjusted. Think of all units from the original game: They've all had their stats "changed" more or less. Personally, I see the balancing factor as less important as whether or not these units are needed.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 14 Nov 2013, 13:37

just a picture from a test game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Kunstenaar

Laborer

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 15 Nov 2013, 04:57

Hmm I somehow miss the looks of the TH building this way.. But I'm happy we're going to be able to create the army.
<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 15 Nov 2013, 07:30

Hmm I somehow miss the looks of the TH building this way.. But I'm happy we're going to be able to create the army.
Same :(
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 15 Nov 2013, 07:31

Same :(
Same :p
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 09 Jan 2015, 23:52

Hey all!

Last year i started to test TH script.
Well i had a small result.
Each game played in 60*1,5*1,5 mode on Golden Cliffs loc3. (special thanks for koczis12! Thank you for the DEMOmap;)).
Shortly my conclusion is:
-if the TH need 2 schools and metallurgist for opening
-only one th is buildable
-barb is 5 goldchest+2,5min
-vaga is 4goldchest+2min
-rebel and rouge is 3goldchest+1,5min
then the TH couldn't be stronger then the original or classic gamplay.
After some of my alone/single gamplay finally we could organize a 3v3 testgame also. The game was colorfull. Nobody used the same strategie. Almost each player had 3 metallurgist in PT. Okay this was just the first multi test game. But a good way to checking possibilities!
well i hope there will be more and more tests for checking the power of the TH!
Some pictures from my single and from the first multi game.
Taste it!
:)

Townhall_rouge.jpg
th ranged.jpg
ptarmy_bőrrel.jpg
normal game TH longtermA.jpg
horses.jpg
aranylaz.jpg
th20150110_5.jpg
th20150110_4.jpg
th20150110_3.jpg
th20150110_1.jpg
th20150110_2.jpg
Golden Cliffs TH 20150109L.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 10 Jan 2015, 11:28

About the siege weapons: if i know well the biggest problem is the image of the units. There isnt serfs/recruits who moves next to those hell units.
What if those units are sitting in them and invisible because the ballista or catapult hide them???

How many games does it have cannons, catapults, ballsitas without moving units?
about these unit's balance:- maybe they not as strong as looking out. Great attak points, but very low(0,5?) moving and firing speed, and low defence.

Should to try out in mp games. i think the multi games will be much colourfull with TH and SG units. and then the rock paper scisorrs will be grey and not just only black or white.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 10 Jan 2015, 12:11

In recent intercview, Krom and Lewin said, that visual aspect (siege weapons moving without anyone around) is not a big problem and they can ignore that. Most important problem, is the balance.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 10 Jan 2015, 13:50

five iron bar and five timber for an unit which doesn't have large defence point and dead afrter 1-2 arrow...big deal... I could imagine them as an active defence only. An opened field without defender units these are just lost.
I m still next to the testing these units in real game not just in mind. Games will decide need balance or not.
Or creating a game mode where possible to use them(maybe with dynamic script?).
So much scripts are already there which reduce the complexity of the original game why not could be there a mode with these awsome houses?

For fun play these building just make more fun. As market did before, and gave more fun, but for the market needed also more release for a good balance.

pw: Join a lobby and spectate and check the games...There isn't too much "classical" game what try to defend. About the balance...I dont see there is anybody who really cares about the Game balance...Maybe small groups make teambalance but 'random' lobbies doesnt have huge discussion about any balance.
unfortunately...
Just fun games!;)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 10 Jan 2015, 16:29

That recent interview is not so recent... But if balance is the big problem... Then we should at least try it, otherwise you can't even get an idea about the balance. :rolleyes:
<<

zombie01

Pikeman

Post 11 Jan 2015, 09:13

some balance suggestions:
-Make them stronger vs building then vs units
-give them a high miss chance vs units

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”