Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Ingame chat?

<<

JoopFOX

Post 16 Jul 2012, 23:46

Ingame chat?

Does ingame chat work? I'd like to send messages to individual players, but how?
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 16 Jul 2012, 23:56

Re: Ingame chat?

You mean in multiplayer games? Right now you can only send messages to everyone or to your team. Private messages to a specific player might be added later. Outside of multiplayer there's no way to message people yet, but we discussed embedding IRC chat onto the multiplayer screen where you choose a server.
<<

Post 17 Jul 2012, 01:38

Thanks for the reply! That sounds like a great addition, since I would love to do some diplomacy with the friends I'm playing with.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 17 Jul 2012, 14:17

I think it could possibility make it easier to play "unfairly", for example in a 1vs1vs1 game two players could discuss both attacking the other player at the same time. Sometimes that could be a feature (forming alliances) but generally I think it would just be annoying.
Although that's a pretty minor/unlikely issue I guess.
<<

Post 18 Jul 2012, 18:00

That's cool. Me and my friends were playing a free for all game with four players, and we were all in the same room on the same table, in fact. So if I'd want to tell one to be careful because one friend was getting too strong and we might want to temporarily team up, everyone would here it.

Although I realize it's a very specific problem that won't come up a lot! Thanks a lot for the great work though. This game is an old-time favorite of mine and I always wanted to play multiplayer with many people online, since networking games were always so bugged. This was exactly what I was looking for. I'll tell all my friends that used to play as well about it.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 23 Jul 2012, 18:23

That's cool. Me and my friends were playing a free for all game with four players, and we were all in the same room on the same table, in fact. So if I'd want to tell one to be careful because one friend was getting too strong and we might want to temporarily team up, everyone would here it.

Although I realize it's a very specific problem that won't come up a lot! Thanks a lot for the great work though. This game is an old-time favorite of mine and I always wanted to play multiplayer with many people online, since networking games were always so bugged. This was exactly what I was looking for. I'll tell all my friends that used to play as well about it.
An old-time favorite, and all-time favorite or both?
Nice coffee is always nice.

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”