Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Graphs

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 02 Apr 2013, 12:39

Re: Graphs

This week. This would be really cool. Ahh yeah I forgot that you have your standard translators. Btw about translating. Do you will translate "the whole game" in later version? Something like

"Krom lost connection. Kron disconnected" For us its really easy, but I just thought one time from someone who doesn´t udnerstand any word in English. It would be really crazy, when he didnt know what it means, he would left the game maybe propably :D

Also like the errors in lobby like "Server stopped working" /"Querry timed out"?
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Apr 2013, 12:56

Those strings are mostly taken from OS. We'll check which ones are not and can be translated. Thanks for the hint!
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 03 Apr 2013, 06:48

Those strings are mostly taken from OS. We'll check which ones are not and can be translated. Thanks for the hint!
Actually that's not the problem, 99% of the strings are actually from our own code (such as KM_Networking.pas and KM_NetServer.pas). The problem is making the text appear correct for each player, we can't just send the text out to all the player's in the user's locale.

Say I run my game in English and I join a lobby hosted by a Polish player, if we directly translated network messages I would receive everything from the host in Polish (e.g. "Krom joined the lobby" would be in Polish). Some messages also come from the dedicated server which does not even have a locale or LIBX files. Because of these problems I decided to leave everything in English to begin with, and it's never been changed since then.

What we really need is a markup or something similar that gets replaced with the user's locale. Say [#32] means "replace that with text 32 from the user's locale". Then we can just put those things hard coded and let it be decoded when the user receives it. For example the text "(team)" which goes a message you send to your team could be done like this:
ToSend := Name+' [#123] '+Message //fTextLibrary[123] = '(team)'

In some cases we probably also want to use Format to add parameters into the text, for example "Player has disconnected: %s" because maybe in Polish you have to write it "Player %s disconnected" or something. That means our markup needs to allow for parameters too, and it gets quite complicated to implement ([#123|Lewin] or something? What about multiple parameters? What about strings that contain ] or |?).

We also need to decide at what level we apply the locale. Probably after a message of type mk_Text is received the client can parse the text for markup and translate it before displaying, since we probably only need this markup across the network (not like the color markup which works everywhere)
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 26 Jul 2013, 14:20

Hello guys!

Possible to add killed units graph in time? as same as lost or trained units in time. or produced timber or etc....
maybe it were good to see how many kills did a player in that time...etc:)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 Jul 2013, 14:48

Oooohhh! Very good idea, Thunder! :D

Speaking of graphs, can we please get a graph or statistic for specific units trained? That is already somewhat possible because you can see how many crossbows a player made, or how many lances, etc. were produced. But in cases of hand axes or wooden shields, etc. you don't know what was trained because those weapons can go to several different units. Also, weapons made is not equal to units made, because those weapons could have never been equipped ;)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 08 Dec 2013, 00:01

Hello guys!

Possible to add killed units graph in time? as same as lost or trained units in time. or produced timber or etc....
maybe it were good to see how many kills did a player in that time...etc:)
Killed unit graph could be the same as the wares diagrams.

I could offer somekind of window about the market usage. How many markets, how much trades were there per player, what to what traded/maybe a list about the trading.../...etc...
Should be good to see a final stats about the buildings also. As an excel table so you dont have to watch the replay to see how much towers did the player build up...etc.
This could be more informative than se the produced wares.
These are just ideas and possible these make slower program running, no, im sure in.

:)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 08 Dec 2013, 01:00

I think we have enough graphs in-game already. However, maybe we can add a button to export the data for each team to a .CSV file that you can open in Excel so you can analyse the results yourself? Internally we already keep a lot of stats but we don't want to clutter the results page with lots of different statistics.

The kind of stuff we can save is below. Note: You can't make "over time" graphs out of these since we don't store them every minute like we do for the current graphs. It sounds like you're more interested in the final numbers though (e.g. how many crossbowmen did Ben equip/kill?)

For every unit type: (including soldiers and citizens)
- Number the player killed
- Number the player trained
- Number the player started with
- Number the player lost

For every house type:
- Number the player built
- Number the player self destructed
- Number the player destroyed
- Number the player lost
- Number of plans the player placed
- Number of plans the player removed
- Number of houses where the construction was started
- Number of houses where the construction was stopped (cancelled or destroyed)

For every ware type:
- Number the player produced
- Number the player consumed
(we don't record trading yet but we could add that)

So as you can see, we could make millions of different statistics and results pages, but obviously we aren't going to do that. Would it be useful if you could export it to an Excel Spreadsheet? It wouldn't be hard for us to add that.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 08 Dec 2013, 11:03

Hm. I can't decide it:S
I think to usually if playersplay with live communication (Skype, TS, etc...) then always or most of the time make a discussion about the game after the end. Talking about graphs and the tables.
But most of the times when play alone with other 7 players (maybe there isn't any communication way after the game) then cdiscussion about the game won't be after the end.
So hard to say is it important to add:S

About the excel table maybe some extremly fanatic players watch them or collecting them for making personaly statistic about locations or players... but if there are lots of detailed informations(as under in the quote) about the game... maybe should to ask others also:S
Possible .csv should be good if it be created from/after end of the replay and then the game wont be slower and could make collecting info about the players.
It sounds like you're more interested in the final numbers though (e.g. how many crossbowmen did Ben equip/kill?)
-This could be also good in an excel table. I mean sometime you can't decide on player how made 300 kills with 100 units.Knights or sword or eat tons of milities.:S

Good to hear the market stat is under planning:) I think to that is really usefull and maybe the most important statistic's part after a long game. Personally like it.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 08 Dec 2013, 15:15

I've always been in favor of additional statistics. Many strategy games show an extensive amount of statistics. The upgraded statistics compared to TPR are a great improvement already but I don't see why we should stop here. Many more interesting things could be shown. Cluttered UI? Why would it be?
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 09 Dec 2013, 15:51

What I like to see is how many kills are made by towers. Not sure how to show it in the statistics. Maybe the same as when you watch a replay you see a bar on top where you can see how long the replay is and where you are currently watching (both have slightly different color). Same applies to for example units lost by starvation/killed by enemy and leather/iron troops trained. For me this is way more interesting than how many timber is produced or how much goldore is mined for example. It shows some interesting insight on the gameplay itself. I like to know what others here think of this.
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 10 Dec 2013, 17:52

If TDL was the antimarket then TO is the antitower player :wink: im just joking, but of course your stats ideas could be really good. See more killing stats still in time also.
These are telling lot about players fighting skills or etc...
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 10 Dec 2013, 21:53

If TDL was the antimarket then TO is the antitower player :wink:
Many players don´t like, to spam towers. I also hate it nearly most at the mp games. However I think with such details, these "graphs" wouldn´t be that clear anymore. Other players that hate market(TDL :D ) Wanna see if someone made really most recources or just traded for them, and how much he traded :P
BTW Also when I don´t like mass towers, towers are a normal defense part of the Knights and Merchants System. It belongs to the game, so it would be in my opinion the same like you wanna have stats. how many bows died by horses, because you don´t like when someone is killing your bowmen with 2 horses XD
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

Post 11 Dec 2013, 00:02

Can you add graph for specific variable? Set in script

Return to “Feedback / Discussion”