Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

powah gamin!

<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 19 Apr 2012, 06:08

Re: powah gamin!

These replays are great. They do show the tactics and I'm amazed how dense the KaM gameplay can be (consider that when I played TSK it took me up to 6-9 hours to beat a mission). You practically flood the whole map with cities and armies in just about an hour! So thumbs up and thank you for sharing the replays with everyone, keep on doing it! :)

P.S. As Lewin said - your help with beta-testing will be much appreciated.
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 19 Apr 2012, 09:54

Nice match really (warfare in the wilderness)! I didn't check who the winning team were. So really surprising, at some point i thought florek and his team would win :D
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Florek

Pikeman

Post 19 Apr 2012, 10:17

Thanks for comments, it's very nice to hear you like those games. ;p

My small notice about Warfare in the Wilderness - this map is a bit unbalanced, which you can see in this game - left side have total 8 gold spots, when right side have 6 (5 in this game cause koczis make one unavaiable :P), so only player who using 2 gold spots from right side was me.

What I want to deliver - if author of this map reading this, you can correct balance of gold mines on map, it's only one weak point of this excellent map. :)
powah gamin! - trusted source of best KaM Remake replays!
Conquest of Paradise - balanced 1v1 map in the spirit of maps like Golden Cliffs or Across the Desert
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 19 Apr 2012, 10:20

My small notice about Warfare in the Wilderness - this map is a bit unbalanced, which you can see in this game - left side have total 8 gold spots, when right side have 6 (5 in this game cause koczis make one unavaiable :P), so only player who using 2 gold spots from right side was me.
That's why i don't like playing this map with 8 players. I really like the map when there are 4 players.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 19 Apr 2012, 10:31

Yes, I've experienced myself how annoying it is if you can only build one gold mine. :mrgreen:
I'll fix it!
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 19 Apr 2012, 11:04

Yes, I've experienced myself how annoying it is if you can only build one gold mine. :mrgreen:
I'll fix it!
Please try to get it done soon so it can make it into the next release. :) If you send it to me today or tomorrow it will make it into the release candidate, but that's not essential.
<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

Post 19 Apr 2012, 11:40

Then I'll try to finish mine, and hope it makes it into the release :D.
If I finally find the time to finish it.

But nice topic indeed!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 19 Apr 2012, 12:15

I'll wait with fixing anything until I can see what the heights are like if you don't mind. Then I can fix everything immediately instead of first fixing the gold/iron mountains and then the grass/dirt heights. So if you could please send me the release candidate as well I can see what needs to be changed. :)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 19 Apr 2012, 12:30

Sure, you're on the list for the release candidate :)
If anyone else here wants to help test you're quite welcome. We don't want to make it completely public because release candidates often have nasty bugs which can make the game look bad, (and people might see it as an official release) but if you want to help find the bugs and test things just send us an email and you'll be put on the list.

Lets not get too far off topic though :P
<<

Florek

Pikeman

Post 19 Apr 2012, 18:03

Third replay from Wilderness.

Team 1: Florek, koczis12 (victorious!)
Team 2: [BLADES]Reaper, Beerzoeper

http://speedy.sh/sTf5C/powah-tour-Wilderness-3.rar

Stats screen: Image

What I can say, typical Wilderness game: first two duels, then second, winner of one goes with help to his team mate. ;)

At other hand - I really love pikemans, I think it's most universal unit over here, being pretty cheap! :)
Last edited by Florek on 22 Apr 2012, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
Conquest of Paradise - balanced 1v1 map in the spirit of maps like Golden Cliffs or Across the Desert
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 20 Apr 2012, 02:20

Replay from Across the Desert

team1: Koczis12 , Mulberry , Hubba
team2: Florek , Mixons , Sebek

Not very good example of building but... very good fighting perfomence (4 big atacking/defending battles, many counter-atacks). Huge micro with knights against pikes and crossborrow. Also, Here you can see how to win using only melee units. Are you interested? Check this!

http://www.ex.ua/view_storage/615299772197

p.s. no spoiler :P
<<

Florek

Pikeman

Post 20 Apr 2012, 07:51

Argh, my poor team. :D I can't decided to upload it or not cause of my not so good team mates. ;p

All actions of team team 2 failed, anyway - good guide "How not to play KaM Remake". :P

Here stats screen: Image

Whoops, I spoiled! (6)
<<

Florek

Pikeman

Post 21 Apr 2012, 01:18

Hello, this time I have for you something special - a replay from koczis12 map Golden Cliffs!

Team 1: Florek, RomeK, koczis12 (victorious!)
Team 2: Mulberry, Czechboss, Beerzoeper

Few words of introduce - gameplay, terrain, details and balance are AMAZING! Maps is so colourfull and complex. From technical side it can remind a bit Across the Desert - resources and wares balance, but it's next pros - taking best from liked and playable. What I can tell you more - you must watch replay, I think it could be most intresting placed here yet!

http://speedy.sh/UHm7d/powah-tour-Golden-Cliffs.rar

Stats screen: Image

We played 2 games, first was unshapely but second was pure tactical and skill game. All six of players testing those map represent actually highest multiplayer level of playing, so It's clear show and display of map posibilites.

I'm encourage you to download and test those phenomenal map. My reviev - 9,9/10.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

Post 23 Apr 2012, 12:36

this is an old game on valley of dangers, was trying leather only.

imo leather only has it's pros and cons:
pros:
- can mass produce people
- unlimited resrouces (duh)
- can recover fallen units quickly
- large numbers
- when iron runs out the opponents must switch to leather, while you only need to keep expanding it.
- you can use the iron in the marketplace to boost your economy in the early game
- you can also save the iron for your ally to keep his iron production going
- already have a food production up

cons:
- leather units are no match for iron units, you need to rely on numbers or play a supportive role for your iron allies
- heavier strain on gold resources ( can be fixed by trading your huge amount of sausages in the market for gold ore, you will have plenty of coal because you only have 2 goldsmelters and no iron production buildings)
- when outnumbered in a 2 vs 3 match it is ahrd to keep up witht he iron opponents becasue you cannot rely on numbers.
- allies(at least some i play with) consider the leatherrush noob becasue the units are weak, and so they might not want to help you.

have no idea what who was in that game, i was lightblue and i know white quit in pt so it was a 2 vs 3.
http://speedy.sh/uu9UZ/valley-of-dangers.rar
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

Kruciprdel

Farmer

Post 24 Apr 2012, 23:15

hi,

we play Border rivers 8p, in game were only 2 attacks. First was after PT and was unsuccessful. Second was after 2 hours game and decided. Game is maybe boring, but i want the record to show, because it shows the difference in approach to the game after the end of PT. The game is quite balanced, but gradually changing in our favor, because we continue building a new buildings. On this map is important a surprise or a much larger army than the defender, because here they have a great advantage.

Team 1: Mulberry, ImmortalFen (last 20 min. Florek), Mr Bo, Achréo
Team 2: Czechboss, Kruciprdel, Bucek100, Alhdaron (victorious!)

http://www.ulozto.cz/xzeNcRJ/dobra-hra-zip

Return to “Game replays”