Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Space Invaders High Scores

<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 13 Sep 2015, 08:46

Space Invaders High Scores

I think this map is extremely unpopular, that's why I started this topic, to add a bit more of a competition :)

Anyone who wants to share a score, may make a post with screen shot and replay and will be added to Space Invaders Hall of Fame!

Of course, I doubt that you will be able to beat me, but you can try.

Skill High Scores - No Bonuses!

Nick - Score - Time - Bonuses gathered

1. JER - 82072 [56:54] 28

Fun High Scores - With Bonuses

Here are the high scores from games, that allow usage of all bonuses in any way - just to see how much you can squeeze from this mode :)

1. JER - 181616
2. JER - 128147
3. TNK - 92512
4. TNK - 67293
5. EQU - 66448

Note, that you can only write 3 letters of your nick name, because that's how the old arcade machines worked ;)

Have fun!

Bonus info (in order from left to right):

Recruit - spawns Tower in the middle
Militia - your units are Militia in max amount of 50
Scouts - Increase total amount of units by 3
Warrior - Sends super bomb - kills surrounding units when killed (big radius)
Rebel - Sends bomb - kills surrounding units when killed (small radius)
Mushroom - Insta Kill
Empty space - Extra Life

All bonuses last 20 seconds (except for Extra Life Bonus). With bombs, you got 20 seconds to send it, only one bomb.
Last edited by Tiank on 19 Feb 2017, 13:20, edited 5 times in total.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 13 Sep 2015, 08:49

Re: Space Invaders High Scores

Here's my score, I was able to reach over 70 000 one day, but lost replay. Still, this is not bad I think :). Played on 3x speed.

Space Invaders.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 13 Sep 2015, 11:03

I like the idea of making this topic. Finally something related to single player yet still of my interest! ;) Waiting for cmowla to beat it. On a related note, I don't remember how did the points system work, but hopefully it takes time into account, and adds some extra points for unused bonuses, like I planned.
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 14 Feb 2017, 18:47

I saw this mini-game in single player maps and gave it a try.
My final score is 128147 (finished in 1:11). It's an entertaining map, well done sado.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 14 Feb 2017, 20:39

At first I was like

then I was like

And then I watched the replay. You abused bonus life feature, so I wouldn't say it's a legitimate win. It shouldn't be done like that imo, since the way of granting bonuses is random, so if you are lucky enough you can go on and on with doing something like that and the score wouldn't be about skill, but just luck.

However, I would like to see your score when you beat it the normal way, as I noticed, that at level 20 you had already higher score than me. And I would like to have a competition here, to see if I can improve :)
<<

equalizer

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 14 Feb 2017, 20:54

so i beat you Tiank (6) (6)

edit: I see Tiank replied in the meantime. I used the militarush 2x, thats all bonussus i used.

Nice game ye :)
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 14 Feb 2017, 21:10

You didn't equa :P But I added your score to the Hall of Fame.

EDIT: Just set new high score, check it out ;)
Saves.zip
<<

equalizer

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 15 Feb 2017, 11:18

I read 664480, sorry :P ill give it another try soon
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 15 Feb 2017, 16:10

@Tiank: Militia Bonus is also very handy to make high scores in 1 round... would be "luck" and no skill if you keep obtaining Militia while passing the rounds. Specially in round 20 (xbows), using 50/50 militia would give you around 30000 points, while doing it in the normal way 15/15 militia, you can get around 15000 points only.

My proposal is to redo the Hall of Fame, playing under these rules for Max Skill demonstration-> Speed x1, No Bonuses.
Post: 3 letters name - final score [total time] bonuses collected (displayed in unique second of round 22)
To get the final screenshot, you will need to run your replay and in the second it switches from round 21 to round 22, pause and copy screen. This way we are exact with the total time, and the bonuses earned from round 21 are also taken into account.

JER - 82072 [56:54] 28
Last edited by Jeronimo on 16 Feb 2017, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 15 Feb 2017, 16:20

Yeah, in my highest score I used Militia Rush on some levels (not gonna tell on which ones, but it's pretty easy to spot on;) ) and I noticed how the score was skyrocketing. So it is based on luck as well.

I agree - to make it all more skill based we should play with no bonuses, but on whatever speed player want. Yeah, it's easier to play on lower speeds, but it should be up to player which speed he chooses.

It would be really great, if sado modifies the script, so that for gathered bonuses you get extra points (the more bonuses at end, the higher score).
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 16 Feb 2017, 23:12

Today I made a new record for the Hall of Fame with bonuses.
I'm worried my scores will kill motivation because are nearly impossible to beat. :|

JER - 181616

Return to “Game replays”