Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Trolls/bad teammates online

<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 24 Nov 2014, 20:40

Trolls/bad teammates online

People who purposely mess up your base. This happened me twice in a week. Is there anything to punish those people? Or better to prevent. Here two replays. In both games i tried to make the best of it and not to quit. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 25 Nov 2014, 01:26

Re: Trolls/bad teammates online

I didn't look at the replay (I'm not even sure what version it is, but probably 5503?), but people screwing up your base is an age old problem here at KaM. I imagine that you may have heard about accounts of other methods of identifying users in the future, but for now I recommend you play with people you know, such as the guys on Teamspeak. We need more non-Polish guys over there anyway ;)

P.S., exactly what happened in your games (how did they mess up your base?)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 25 Nov 2014, 11:11

If they built in your base, it should be possible to prevent this with a Dynamic Script...
Something like "if one player placed a plan near another player's plan (or building or field or road or whatever), then the plan that is farthest from its owner's starting Storehouse gets removed".
Would this work, in your opinion?
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 25 Nov 2014, 14:44

Using dynamic script to prevent that is a short term solution. It won't change someone's troll attitude. With Vote to lobby we can now just ban the troll player and find another one.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Islar

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 26 Nov 2014, 20:26

Heres some pictures how they mess my base up.
Troll.gif
Almost right from the beginning he begun digging blueprints then fields ect, after peace time ended he quited.
Troll2.gif
A few minutes before peace time ended he begun to mess up my fields with road, then everywhere and he quited

EDIT: this was the reason the first guy gave for freaking out.
http://hizliresim.com/3RyO5A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Nov 2014, 20:35

Don´t worry soon the next Update for the Official Release will come.

Like Tiank already said, you can do such things:

-You warn your enemy/ally to stop trolling
-You press "reuturn to lobby"
-You ban the player (so he cannot rejoin with another name easily)
-You wait around 5 seconds to get one player (in official relase, there are many players that want to start a game as fast as possible, I think)

It doesn´t solve all kind of trolls, because you can just troll like people do in cs go. They join with one friend, so the vote for kicking never work. Same thing in kam if there are 3 players for example, and you just joined a random lobby and they are trolling YOU.
However it should solve most problems, because Trolls will "loose" their time also (Not happy, because the trolled people don´t care :P )

Return to “Game replays”