Zombie Apocalypse Solo v1.1 Won!

<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 25 Nov 2013, 01:16

Zombie Apocalypse Solo v1.1 Won!

Hi guys,

For those who haven't been following the Mini Games Thread lately (or are new and not aware of it), I won Skypper's Zombie Apocalypse Solo v1.1 my first two times playing it without saves, and I just played it a third time and won again without saves.

I have achieved a great accomplishment in each of my wins, so if you all want to watch ONE (not all three), here are the differences.

First win:
I had control, but not as much as my 2nd and 3rd wins. So naturally it's more epic to watch, but I trained 848 troops. :(
Second win:
I had almost complete control (boring to watch), but I did kill more troops than my other two wins, but I trained 698 troops. :|
Third win (below):
I had ultimate control (boring to watch), but I lost less than half the troops that I lost in my previous two wins.
ZA (cmowla 271 losses no saves).zip
I love having a high kill-to-lose ratio, so in this third win (in which I only trained 600 troops :) ),
I lost only 271 troops
I didn't lose any buildings
I didn't lose any serfs
A kill-to-lose ratio of 34.6...this is like Age of Empires 2 The Conquerors! I never killed this many AI troops in AoE2...the most I ever killed was 9169 and lost 345...over the course of 8 hours! (That was a 3 vs 5 player game in which the 5 enemy AI's got all 21 relics and thus could afford to create over 10,000 troops).

To the developers,
The statistics show that I only killed 9377 AI troops in my third win compared to 9523 troops in my second win. I guess if the troops supposed to be created have no where to be placed (because I let the map fill up with an additional 500-600 troops more than normal in my third win) they just don't get created at all. In addition, I have a "bug report" at the end of the post containing my second win's replay.

To Skypper,
Thanks again for creating this map. I've really enjoyed it, and I hope others will too and not be discouraged to try to beat it themselves since I have now provided 3 full-working replays showing how to win it without saves, one of which shows how to win it like a pro (obviously, my third win).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 25 Nov 2013, 01:59

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Solo v1.1 Won!

To the developers,
The statistics show that I only killed 9377 AI troops in my third win compared to 9523 troops in my second win. I guess if the troops supposed to be created have no where to be placed (because I let the map fill up with an additional 500-600 troops more than normal in my third win) they just don't get created at all. In addition, I have a "bug report" at the end of the post containing my second win's replay.
I don't quite understand the problem. You mean the enemy soldiers aren't placed on the map from the script because there's no space for them? That's a problem with the map/script, there should be more space to fit the soldiers or they should be placed later. What is the "bug report" replay?
<<

cmowla

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 25 Nov 2013, 02:59

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Solo v1.1 Won!

What is the "bug report" replay?
If you click the link to my second win, I wrote:
"I can probably guess that the AI's ranged units killed more of their own units my first time playing than my second time, but I don't see how killing 4 more units this time adds up to 31 points."
For the 31 points, knights are worth the most (7 each). So even 4(7) = 28 < 31. Perhaps the fact that some troops aren't created (for no space) while others are might explain this?

But the following is clearly not a script error.
"why do the statistics say that I lost 0 buildings this time when I lost my inn (as I did on my first try)?"

Is it possible that the code determining if you lose a building relies on the instance when the majority of the hit points taken off your building are from enemy troops and not from your own arrows? That could be the problem, if indeed my bowmen took off more hitpoints than the AI did.
Invasion won: with 0 losses and without save reloads|TSK 20 in 4.47 minutes|Border of Life Co-op Won in 1h33m55s|The Official KaM Speedrun Page
What makes me an Expert isn't my skill in of itself but my desire to win big.

Return to “Game replays”