Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Review your Game Play

<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 16 Jul 2013, 15:04

Re: Review your Game Play

5 farms 1 stable 2 pigfarms is okay... Just you need to get 10 minutes earlier pigfarms, so you'll still have 40 jackets ;)
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

Post 16 Jul 2013, 15:09

I reached 60 bowmen 30 swordmen and 25 militia so far on other maps.)
I've never seen anyone do that, I request a replay. :)
I think it is possible in 60 mins. If 65 swords or for instance Pizza's 80 (or was it 90?) bows are possible this can be done also. BUT only on ''special'' locations (not talking about Borders 4p or any other prebuild map) with or without the use of the market. Like for instance Final Frontier loc 6, Willy loc 3 or BitD loc 3.
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 16 Jul 2013, 19:27

If you mean Pizza's performance on BitD loc2 (which was included in your shoutcast), he had 70 bows.

Anyway mainly you are right, To, but the examples you gave are cases in which the player went for 1 thing (well, Pizza had 30 pikes as well, nvm :D). Smogon mentioned something with fast iron production (in 33-34 minutes, with very nice iron/coal supply), very fast and much leather (in 38 minutes or so, with 3 well-running armories), and kind of much wooden weapons (before 35 minutes or earlier). This is just impossible. Also, didn't mention to get gold for 115 recruits at the same time. The thing he did on GC loc3 was nice, but still far from the "target". I'd like to see a replay of a game in which he does it :D

<<

Smogon

Militia

Post 16 Jul 2013, 19:48

I make iron on the 24th minute, that'll get me 30 swordmen. Where did you get this '33' minute? I tested every building and I know when to place a building to get a certain amount of weapons.
Last edited by Smogon on 16 Jul 2013, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
Crossbows will DOMINATE once again!
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 16 Jul 2013, 19:51

You can get 30 swordfighters in 27 minutes (33-60) if your smithies have continuous supply and there is food at the inn, so they aren't hungry for too long.

<<

Smogon

Militia

Post 16 Jul 2013, 19:54

Smogon mentioned something with fast iron production (in 33-34 minutes, with very nice iron/coal supply), very fast and much leather (in 38 minutes or so, with 3 well-running armories), and kind of much wooden weapons (before 35 minutes or earlier). This is just impossible.
Where are you getting this information from? No one knows how this build works besides Mercenary.
I have no wooden weapon production nor leather production before 40 minutes. And I don't rush iron.

'You have placed your barracks very badly & Your weapons workshops came up very late.' Can you explain...?
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 16 Jul 2013, 21:42

Those numbers are based on personal experiences :)

You have placed your barracks because it is way too close to the northern frontline, easily accessible.
And your wooden weapon production is late since it was after 42 minutes, the very good would be around 35 mins :D

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 17 Jul 2013, 01:37

--If I may intervene and say a quick word? I think that you are wrong about the barrack, Bence, because a barrack that is closer to the enemy also means that your reinforcements are closer ;) Also, if your barrack is at the edge of your city, than your soldiers don't have to walk through it; causing traffic jams. Further, locations like 8 in Back in the Desert have to put the barrack near the enemy, or else a rush from location one will almost certainly result in a loss ;)

P.S. For rush strategies, having mass knights and a barrack on the edge of your location can also mean a very fast rush; entering your opponent's base in about a minute after peacetime is over.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 17 Jul 2013, 06:22

Ben, you can place your barracks in a much better spot, and you can walk through your coalfields with your troops (on gc loc3, let's stick with it), so they won't cause much of traffic jams. Mainly the reason why it is badly placed is, let's say, he is attacked, the enemy is inside his base, he has some troops left but can't do sh*t because there the "battlefield" would be too wide. And he doesn't have any time to "waste", since his barracks is right behind the "doorstep". BUT, if his barracks is far inside his city (good example for it is my barracks on MW loc6, NI vs RA1), he can still recruit troops to have chance to finally repel the attack (not to mention, fighting in your own city MAY mean a huge advantage, if you can exploit it, if can't it may mean a big disadvantage*). Even if it will take long to recover, he can manage to stay alive. That counts a LOT. In the case of GC loc3 (and loc4), the fall of loc3 always means the fall of loc4 as well. No towers in between, if a battle happens on the other side, then loc4 won't even have chance to defend, since he won't have the appropriate number of defending soldiers. And that's, as you can count, 2 player loss. It's gg afterwards.

* I meant that you got plenty of meat in your city, if you have enough archers, you can deal huge damage to pushing in melee-only (only militia has no chance actually, against 10 bowmen in a city, if the defender can archer-micro). Also, if you can use those plenty, quite narrow passages (roads, yeah :D) between your houses, you can make 3v1 situations, in which the enemies' lone soldier(s) won't have much chance, especially if you have ranged support. Ofc the latter can be the disadvantage, because you can happen to mistake and make a 1v3 situation :P Also, this is why you shouldn't fight inside your base in/on:
- your forests
- your fields.
More serf (and occupant) losses, but more soldiers kept which could mean you can repel the next attack maybe. And that means some sort of additional time to recover. Quite difficult, but manageable (mainly 1v1, after a decent performance in the first big battle by you).

<<

Smogon

Militia

Post 17 Jul 2013, 08:02

Those numbers are based on personal experiences :)

You have placed your barracks because it is way too close to the northern frontline, easily accessible.
And your wooden weapon production is late since it was after 42 minutes, the very good would be around 35 mins :D
I don't need 70 bows Bence xD
<<

Smogon

Militia

Post 17 Jul 2013, 08:11

'As we all know loc 3 has the most trees of all locs on Golden Cliffs, so I like to see this build on lets say location 6 or 4' ~To

I made the same build at location 6 GC with the same number of weapons. And a better economy aswell. But too bad I forgot about the 3rd goldsmelter at the 20th minute.

Last edited by Smogon on 17 Jul 2013, 09:14, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 17 Jul 2013, 08:47

By just looking at the screenshot. Two things bother me:
1. The farms have their fields above the building, which is about the most inefficient place as they can be.
2. The two woodcutter underneath the farms have like no ground to place trees. If you destroy one of them the wood output will be (about) the same.

And some other little thing, when you train your troops it will probably give some jams due to barrack placement. I always try to keep about 4 tiles free in front of my barracks and place it often on a dead end road.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Smogon

Militia

Post 17 Jul 2013, 08:59

1. The farms have their fields above the building, which is about the most inefficient place as they can be.
2. The two woodcutter underneath the farms have like no ground to place trees. If you destroy one of them the wood output will be (about) the same.

And some other little thing, when you train your troops it will probably give some jams due to barrack placement. I always try to keep about 4 tiles free in front of my barracks and place it often on a dead end road.
About the farms, there is no space. About the barrack, there is no space. About the woodcutter, pointless to destroy if I don't need more buildings.
<<

Bludmaster

Bowman

Post 17 Jul 2013, 09:21

About the farms, there is no space. About the barrack, there is no space. About the woodcutter, pointless to destroy if I don't need more buildings.

Ok my reply:
1. About farms not to mention that they lack many fields. And if you can build fields above farms .. imo you can just move your farms 1 tile up.
2. i can actually see a lot of space above your barracks so why so badly placed?
3. Totally no towers on this loc in game top vs bot = dead man.
4. Funny how you are saying no space, no space, but when you can destroy woodcutters and actually make some space yours respond is that its pointless.

Do not get me wrong i am just pointing mistakes i can see.
<<

Smogon

Militia

Post 17 Jul 2013, 09:36

Ok my reply:
1. About farms not to mention that they lack many fields. And if you can build fields above farms .. imo you can just move your farms 1 tile up.
2. i can actually see a lot of space above your barracks so why so badly placed?
3. Totally no towers on this loc in game top vs bot = dead man.
4. Funny how you are saying no space, no space, but when you can destroy woodcutters and actually make some space yours respond is that its pointless.

Do not get me wrong i am just pointing mistakes i can see.
I didn't prebuild so I couldn't know the best place for my farms.
I have 5 towers up. Everything I made was on purpose. Also this was done on 1,5x speed so I could'nt focus on anything. But if you can show me how to do this perfect, be my guest ;)

Return to “Game replays”