Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Review your Game Play

<<

Bence791

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 17 Jul 2013, 18:13

Re: Review your Game Play

After a certain time, using this trade will lead to huge starvations since there a point will come from when you won't have any other sort of food, just sausages, and if you trade them I think you get what will happen. So it's only for the starting food.

And I don't like your proposal :p
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 17 Jul 2013, 18:29

And I don't like your proposal :p
What about making starting wares not tradeable, then?
For example, serfs won't bring goods to the Marketplace if you have less than (starting quantity - "used" quantity) of them.

Let's say you start with 80 sausages. Your people ate 5 before you began trading. Then, serfs won't bring sausages to the Marketplace if there are less than 75 sausages in your town.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 17 Jul 2013, 22:05

That means you will never be able to trade food, timber, stone and gold chests. :P
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 18 Jul 2013, 05:16

Exactly (I doubt the stone part, but the rest is true xD).

Esthlos, I suggest you not to think about it further because from 1 side it's essenceless, from the other it would make the market much less useful (only for trading for sausages or horses)...
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 18 Jul 2013, 06:10

That means you will never be able to trade food, timber, stone and gold chests. :P
Nope.

Let's say you start with 100 gold chests.
If you don't use any, you are required to have at least 100 somewhere in your town, thus you can't sell gold chests until you make at least one on your own; you are instead allowed to trade whatever you made.
If you use 5 to make Laborers, then you are required to have at least 95 somewhere in your town, thus you can't sell gold chests until you make at least one on your own; you are instead allowed to trade whatever you made.
If in addition to the 5 laborers you make 7 serfs, then you are required to have at least 88 somewhere in your town, thus you can't sell gold chests until you make at least one on your own; you are instead allowed to trade whatever you made.
If you use 100 gold chests, then you are free to trade them as you wish, because it'd assume you used the 100 you were given at the start, meaning that you made or bought whatever gold chest you are now trying to sell.

This way the required limit depends on your starting resources and the amount of them you used, meaning you can only trade those you made yourself or bought from the market, thus you can't abuse trading when you are given huge amounts of starting resources: you can only trade those you made in the game, because it keeps track of how many you had at start and how many you used, to determine the quantity of each starting resource you still have and are not allowed to deplete through trading.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 18 Jul 2013, 15:49

Seriously? Worst market idea over imo (no offence).

The marketplace was the most interesting when used to trade away the starting resources. Some of these trades were overpowered, but it still made an alternate way to play the game. The market is already nerfed for early game (almost worthless). Why would you want to make it even worse? You have yet to provide one reason why the market should be nerfed in the early game.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 18 Jul 2013, 16:42

The marketplace was the most interesting when used to trade away the starting resources. Some of these trades were overpowered, but it still made an alternate way to play the game. The market is already nerfed for early game (almost worthless).
Trading cannot be balanced exactly because of starting resources, simply because it's up to the map-maker to decide how much of every resource to give to players... if it is abusable because you are given too many sausages at start then it's the map that's broken, not the market.
What could be done, apart from carefully balancing maps one by one (which would be an enormous and overly difficult job), is to separate the market from starting resources.
This way map makers could give you thousands of one resource without it being abusable through the market.

You can't expect Lewin and Krom to balance the Market for both early and lategame as long as its early usefulness is so closely related to each map-maker's decision on starting resources.

If starting resources were not allowed to be sold, then at least we could keep the Marketplace balanced around its role of the building where you buy those wares you need in such moderate quantities that it's not worth it to build a full production line, or where you put excess of one resource (e.g. you are making too much wood, or food) in order to get some of something you're lacking (e.g. more coal).
Why would you want to make it even worse? You have yet to provide one reason why the market should be nerfed in the early game.
This.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 18 Jul 2013, 17:05

That is, as stated several times (even by yourself, by the way), because the mapmaker gave a ridiculous amount of starting food. The problem is in starting food not the marketplace.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 18 Jul 2013, 17:06

Why would you want to make it even worse? You have yet to provide one reason why the market should be nerfed in the early game.
This.
I can probably do that without using a market. It seems like a lot, but you should first check the amount you can get without a market.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 18 Jul 2013, 17:38

That is, as stated several times (even by yourself, by the way), because the mapmaker gave a ridiculous amount of starting food. The problem is in starting food not the marketplace.
That's why I proposed to unbind the use of the marketplace and starting resources; this way, the balance of the marketplace does not depend so highly on the map-maker refraining from giving huge amounts of starting wares.
This.
I can probably do that without using a market. It seems like a lot, but you should first check the amount you can get without a market.
You're welcome to prove that Bence791 is wrong when he refers to "hard market abuse", of course.
Doing which would by the way also prove that the market and that map are indeed balanced.
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 09 Aug 2013, 01:43

Loc6:
I watched some replays from Madgamer now on some special locs and I´m not someone who wanna copy someones buildsystem. However I must say I am really surprised at some performances specially with the leatherproduction.

Now I want to know, someone can beat that amount of soldiers in PT or that one(specialy loc 5 and 6):

Loc5:
Loc5:
Would be really nice to see, if this is a ultimative way to build or there are way better ones :D
Last edited by pawel95 on 09 Aug 2013, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
<<

dicsoupcan

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 09 Aug 2013, 08:47

Now I want to know, someone can beat that amount of soldiers in PT or that one(specialy loc 5 ):
challenge accepted.

*edit*

on a sidenote i think this is also not bad for a try to get axefighters in pt though.
2013-06-11_00001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 09 Aug 2013, 09:44

Yeah i know its your "favourite" location, but you still haven beatin it completly, have you? You are at least really close to it..
<<

Da Revolution

Knight

Post 09 Aug 2013, 10:08

Take a look at the recruits. Disco's army will beat smogon's
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Buddha
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 09 Aug 2013, 10:20

Take a look at the recruits. Disco's army will beat smogon's
It´s not smogons army-.-

Return to “Game replays”