Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM shoutcast topic

<<

EDMatt

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Expert

Post 09 Oct 2012, 14:04

Re: KaM shoutcast topic

I heard about that shoutcast from Matt but actually didn't see it until today. Good job Matt, I like how you spotted many advantages and mistakes of the players (including yourself), and gave many building and fighting advices that I am sure novices will appreciate much. (Now I try to have a woodcutter-clear city center, but back then I didn't hear about that trick. I am happy that my gameplay was such a nice example of how to not build effectively :D) Of course there were a few things that were worse than in To's videos (video quality, no background music, echoed microphone) but it wasn't a big downside really. And also a nice shoutcast from To, as usual.
Ahhh what a cute comment, thank you.:D
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 09 Oct 2012, 14:05

Would be fun if you actually recorded and did shoutcasts of games you did not win. Watched a few and its kinda boring when you already know whos going to win every game you record :/ just saying...
+1 we already have this joke spreading everywhere :D whenever To wins , its a potential shoutcast.
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 09 Oct 2012, 14:21

I hate to say it but it seems true. :P
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 09 Oct 2012, 14:28

The game we played on Dead of Winter yesterday would be a great shoutcast. ;)
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 10 Oct 2012, 09:00

Would be fun if you actually recorded and did shoutcasts of games you did not win. Watched a few and its kinda boring when you already know whos going to win every game you record :/ just saying...
+1 we already have this joke spreading everywhere :D whenever To wins , its a potential shoutcast.
Haha aww thats just sad :P Iv stopped watching them now cause it takes most of the fun out knowing the endresult. And from what i can tell its not like he runs with alot of different tatics which makes it watching it to learn new ways to win pointless :P il remember that ;)
A mage is never late - Gandalf
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

Post 12 Oct 2012, 03:05

Haha aww thats just sad :P Iv stopped watching them now cause it takes most of the fun out knowing the endresult. And from what i can tell its not like he runs with alot of different tatics which makes it watching it to learn new ways to win pointless :P il remember that ;)
Mattew never won in a game I shoutcasted. People might think I never play with him in my team or that he only loses. That's not true, in fact he is a very decent player.

About the shoutcasts; it's not intended to focus on fun alone. I try to look at everyone's strategy and hope viewers can learn some things when I point them out. I try to shoutcast games only where players don't get owned because teams are unbalanced or they make huge mistakes. On the other hand, I've never seen a game where someone plays flawless. If I lose a game and think it's educational enough for others to see I have no problem to shoutcast it.
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 12 Oct 2012, 12:37

I just wanted to say that I enjoy the shoutcasts regardless of whether To's team usually wins or not. I find it interesting to see how skilled players play, it makes me think about my build order/strategies more. I certainly learn things from them.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 12 Oct 2012, 12:42

I just wanted to say that I enjoy the shoutcasts regardless of whether To's team usually wins or not. I find it interesting to see how skilled players play, it makes me think about my build order/strategies more. I certainly learn things from them.
No one denies that (I enjoy them too!), but you must agree it's funny to see things such as Matt always losing and To always winning :)
<<

Fried Chicken

Woodcutter

Post 12 Oct 2012, 12:46

if u know it so much better, make ur own shoutcast then.
<<

EDMatt

Knight

Post 12 Oct 2012, 12:57

Mattew never won in a game I shoutcasted. People might think I never play with him in my team or that he only loses. That's not true, in fact he is a very decent player.

About the shoutcasts; it's not intended to focus on fun alone. I try to look at everyone's strategy and hope viewers can learn some things when I point them out. I try to shoutcast games only where players don't get owned because teams are unbalanced or they make huge mistakes. On the other hand, I've never seen a game where someone plays flawless. If I lose a game and think it's educational enough for others to see I have no problem to shoutcast it.
shoutcast the game we lost in cliffs, its educational enough because it was equal until lategame which made us lose because one of us had little to no farms :) dont you think?
Roses are red
violets are blue
I.G. is blessed
To be the BEST!!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 12 Oct 2012, 13:08

Uhm... You learn from mistakes, right? So in that aspect, only showing the games where everyone plays great doesn't make sense.
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

Post 14 Oct 2012, 15:26

Some people wanted me to shoutcast the long game we played on Koczis new map, so a new shoutcast is added.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 14 Oct 2012, 19:11

Nice To, interesting to see different trading strategies. Romek's 19 stones --> 1 horse was funny. :P
Also my first appearance in your videos I believe, and Matt's first victory... A memorable shoutcast... ;)
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

Post 19 Feb 2013, 03:02

I saw the last shoutcast is almost 4 months old so I thought it was time to do another one. This one shows some different buildorders that are used in the latest beta version of this game (better known as the shieldpatch). Some of them are based on some serious market abuse though. But I've also included the 2 most popular ones (swords + bows and xbows + axefighters). Of course there are no fixed buildorders needed, it's just to show you the basics. I used another microphone for this shoutcast so the sound is pretty poor, I hope to fix my old one in the next shoutcast.
<<

FeyBart

Knight

Post 19 Feb 2013, 09:59

I'll watch that, alright.
Last edited by FeyBart on 13 Sep 2021, 14:09, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: small edit
Nice coffee is always nice.

Return to “Game replays”