Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

KaM shoutcast topic

<<

Beerzoeper

Blacksmith

Post 07 Aug 2012, 23:55

Re: KaM shoutcast topic

Nice job, this makes watching replays more interesting. But it would be nice, in my opinion, if you add some more emotion to the comments, to make it more attractive:) and i don't know if it's easy to do, but instead of the whole replay, if you would just filter the highlights from the game, it will be easier to give comments. But i really like this:)
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 08 Aug 2012, 00:29

Nice job, this makes watching replays more interesting. But it would be nice, in my opinion, if you add some more emotion to the comments, to make it more attractive:) and i don't know if it's easy to do, but instead of the whole replay, if you would just filter the highlights from the game, it will be easier to give comments. But i really like this:)
I prefer seeing the entire replay, it's interesting to see what people build and how things progress throughout the game. It gives people an idea of what multiplayer games can be like in the Remake at the more competitive end of the spectrum and helps them improve their strategy by seeing at what time other player's build things.
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 Aug 2012, 10:16

I prefer seeing the entire replay, it's interesting to see what people build and how things progress throughout the game. It gives people an idea of what multiplayer games can be like in the Remake at the more competitive end of the spectrum and helps them improve their strategy by seeing at what time other player's build things.
Yes entire replay is better, with the x10 and x3 it doesn't take that long.
And I don't think your comments are always the same but you always express yourself the same way, like many, many building space here.
Maybe you should say more 'funny' things like: Don't be affraid it's just a duck. Or Looks like this player had happy building hour.
Things like are the main reason I love your shoutcasts. :)

Also, if you don't know what to say, try to comment with somebody else? Like Fu or something.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

Mulberry

Pikeman

Post 12 Aug 2012, 11:15

To, have you noticed that shoutcast, posted on kamremake.com have 1550 views when all other have about 200? That is a consequence of KaM Remake website popularity. I think your shoutcasts need extra advertising. I dont know what to suggest so far... Twitter, facebook and stuff? Need to pull the mechanism somehow. People, have you got an ideas?
<<

Shadaoe

Knight

Post 12 Aug 2012, 12:16

I already linked his channel on the kam remake youtube channel, maybe it has brought him some more views, but indeed, your shoutcasts don't have all the views it deserves
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 12 Aug 2012, 12:50

To,

Why do you use 'loc' when you're speaking? I think speaking in abbreviations is kind of weird and I'd rather hear 'location'. I understand that abbreviations take less time to type, but I don't really understand the concept of using them when speaking..
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 12 Aug 2012, 12:59

We'll keep promoting them through the KaM Remake website and Facebook/Twitter pages occasionally. I've already linked to his channel from our Media page. I agree they need more publicity :)

I think it's ok to say "loc" except that new people might not know what it means. People often use abbreviations while talking, at least they do in Australia. Maybe it's less common in languages other than English?
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Aug 2012, 13:03

We'll keep promoting them through the KaM Remake website and Facebook/Twitter pages occasionally. I've already linked to his channel from our Media page. I agree they need more publicity :)

I think it's ok to say "loc" except that new people might not know what it means. People often use abbreviations while talking, at least they do in Australia. Maybe it's less common in languages other than English?
You say things like 'brb' when speaking face-to-face with a person and you have to go do stuff for a minute? :P
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

Post 12 Aug 2012, 13:24

You say things like 'brb' when speaking face-to-face with a person and you have to go do stuff for a minute? :P
Sometimes yes, although only as a joke. brb isn't a great example. There's ones that have become commonly used like phone (instead of telephone), net instead of internet, intro instead of introduction, WC (meaning "water closet") instead of bathroom, Maccas instead of MacDonalds, "triple W" (instead of "world wide web" or "WWW") and ones that are starting to become common like comp instead of computer, "USB" instead of USB disk drive, etc. (and we say "USB" instead of "Universal Serial Bus")

On a more relevant note I call Knights and Merchants "KaM" (usually pronounced "kam" or sometimes "kay-ay-em") to my friends, same with TSK (tee-ess-kay) and TPR ("tee-pee-are"). I even think of The Dark Lord as TDL sometimes in my head :P "oh look, an email from TDL..."

I don't see why we shouldn't make up suitable abbreviations for KaM like "loc", seeing as it's shorter to say than location and you end up saying it quite a lot in shoutcasts. But it could confuse new people (especially if they don't know English well)
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Aug 2012, 13:33

I even think of The Dark Lord as TDL sometimes in my head :P "oh look, an email from TDL..."
"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself." -Hermione :D
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 12 Aug 2012, 13:43

Haha, I guess Harry should've called Voldy just 'TDL'. Sounds a bit friendlier as well. :mrgreen:
I think using abbreviations is okay as long as they are pretty known. I'd prefer 'location' over 'loc' too. It may be confusing for new people indeed.
<<

Leeuwgie

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 04 Oct 2012, 17:54

Ok people, 2 more shoutcast have been added, both of them were played in the beta version. Enjoy.
No matter what, always keep smiling ~ Bassie (from Bassie & Adriaan)
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 05 Oct 2012, 14:16

I heard about that shoutcast from Matt but actually didn't see it until today. Good job Matt, I like how you spotted many advantages and mistakes of the players (including yourself), and gave many building and fighting advices that I am sure novices will appreciate much. (Now I try to have a woodcutter-clear city center, but back then I didn't hear about that trick. I am happy that my gameplay was such a nice example of how to not build effectively :D) Of course there were a few things that were worse than in To's videos (video quality, no background music, echoed microphone) but it wasn't a big downside really. And also a nice shoutcast from To, as usual.
<<

godest

Lance Carrier

Post 09 Oct 2012, 09:43

Would be fun if you actually recorded and did shoutcasts of games you did not win. Watched a few and its kinda boring when you already know whos going to win every game you record :/ just saying...
A mage is never late - Gandalf
<<

Furius`

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 09 Oct 2012, 11:49

Nice shoutcasts To!

Return to “Game replays”