Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 03 Sep 2016, 22:52

Re: Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

TL;DR: Krom, Lewin, you have me convinced :)
That didn't take long :P

Just to be clear: I technically gave up in the first post of page 170 (it's not like I can't make my own modded version of the game for single-player use, after all, so no point insisting)... it just bothers me that the reasons given for denying this request seem rather weak.
Good for you, I'm proud
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 04 Sep 2016, 07:55

Good for you, I'm proud

(Psss... ehi... Ben was being sarcastic)

Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

equalizer

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 05 Sep 2016, 19:46

Being able to rewind on replays is a long requested feature. Unfortunately it is hard to implement.

I have filed a bugreport about replays on your behalf: https://github.com/Kromster80/kam_remake/issues/86

Thanks for considering the bugreport.

About discussion, perhaps late but still, is it not that the 2x and 3x speeds where implemented to be used occasionally? And now created a split in kam players? I mean 1x speed gamers and the 3x speed gamers. I can imagine that was not the way it was suppose to be, considering lots of mechanics in kam are lost playing higher speeds... Or bonus games...

Just because it's possible, doesn't mean its suppose to be :D
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 06 Sep 2016, 04:29

You can change speedup multipliers in kam_remake.ini in games folder ;-)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Sep 2016, 18:45

Haha, Krom, I don't think that's what he was asking at all. You're a bit jumpy on the settings file lately :D
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 07 Sep 2016, 19:08

@Ben: LOLs, true :-)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Mithrellas

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 04 Oct 2016, 12:51

Maybe a rankinglist is a nice idea. A lot of players want that to see how great they are in the game and we can balance many games.
Players can learn of the higher placed players and are more motivated :D
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Oct 2016, 13:34

People have wanted a ranked list for a long time now, but there are many complications with that. The largest one I recall was the security and legal issues involved with storing passwords for user accounts.

KaM community is small enough where you should be able to know who you're up against. It shouldn't be difficult to roughly memorize 50ish player's skill levels. You can then manually assign teams to make a balanced game. This is what we have been doing on Teamspeak for years, and it has worked nicely :)
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 04 Oct 2016, 18:34

Ranked games will split the community even further. People would only want to play with high ranked players so that they win, making it impossible to start a game (without an hour of discussion or at all).
Combine this with peace time and stupid speed settings and it means certain death for the Remake.
<<

Mithrellas

Recruit

Post 07 Oct 2016, 14:14

Yeah, Thats true. I played without Team Speak, can't handle music, and talking together :D
But of course, its small. You can know a lot of players and balance
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 02 Nov 2016, 01:36

Since there's talking about a new release, I'll throw a little idea that I don't remember if it was already written here. :P

The idea is:
  • Cavalry units (Scouts, Knights, Vagabonds) become the only units able to disengage from battle (could be made a toggle by adding a button to their troop panel)
  • Antihorse units get a big bonus to hit chance vs Cavalry units that are not ordered to fight them or that are told to disengage (depends on how the disengage is implemented), and maybe in that case they do more damage too (maybe 1,5, or even 2)
  • Fighters get increased HP or Defence but slower movement speed
  • (By the way, I like the idea of having the Scout move faster than the Knight) (it would make it better at scouting and would offset its high economical requirements)
Consequences of this should be:
  • Cavalry units become excellent at breaking the enemy lines but become worse frontliners (excellent slayers of Cross/Bowmen, can run circles around Fighters but cannot fight them, and are hard countered by Antihorse units)
  • Antihorse units become much weaker frontliners but much more powerful backline defenders (their numbers no longer make up for their lower durability vs arrows compared to Fighters, are even worse in a straight up fight vs them, but can do the one thing Fighters cannot do: defend the Cross/Bowmen from the enemy Cavalry)
  • Fighters become the best frontliners, able to conquer anything, but easily kited to death by Cross/Bowmen
  • Cross/Bowmen are still the ranged support that Fighters appreciate
What do you think about this?
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 02 Nov 2016, 03:31

None of those will be implemented.
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 02 Nov 2016, 09:36

None of those will be implemented.
Honestly, I don't care.
I posted it because I found it interesting, and worth sharing.
If you have any input or feedback on this it would be interesting, but I play mostly (if not exclusively) singleplayer and am more than capable to implement these changes in my own copy of the Remake; thus I don't need nor care for them to be accepted in the official build, thank you.
<<

kocsis1david

Crossbowman

Post 02 Nov 2016, 10:04

I like to read these ideas, even though they are not going to be implemented in the remake.

I think it makes more sense to leave KaM Remake as it is, and rather think about ideas for a new game, like Knights Province.
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 02 Nov 2016, 10:18

David is spot on. This would "destroy" the gameplay (as in, it'd change the gameplay too much, and in a non-KaM direction) but for KP, it could be good.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”