Re: Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

What about the proposals on page 174?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 01 Dec 2017, 01:17

What about the proposals on page 174?
Your other proposals have been brought up before. Both times declined by the original creators of KaM Remake. They wished to keep the game simple, with less UI clutter. However, the new developer, Ray Rey, is much less concerned with adding to the game. So there is hope yet for your ideas.
Last edited by Ben on 13 Sep 2021, 14:06, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: "Rey" not "Ray"
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 02 Dec 2017, 00:51

1) Can you add information that the building is closed? Sometimes the building closes for economic reasons, and later it forgets about it and the production stands.
There was an idea about it, smth like house tablets (see attachmenent).
What about empty house then ? Or Closed for worker (new feature)? Can we put all that info into 1 tablet somehow?
It could be nice and really helpful, but at the other side - too many tablets could spoil UI a lot.
As an option I could suggest to show them on some UI event - button on stats menu or when stats menu are opened
2) Is it possible to add a "stop building" button in buildings, so that the builders go to build another building?
I think you want to avoid situation, when you have 3 almost finished buildings and its obviously better to finish them 1 by 1.
It better to fix it via better delivery policy. Just give almost ginished building higher priority in delivery and that is all
3) Is it possible to do that when we demolish the building, we get half the material? It would be a helpful example when there is no material for the stonemason.
Its known idea, as well as getting stone from roads. I think we can leave it as it is for now. May be one day in future...
However, the new developer, Ray, is much less concerned with adding to the game. So there is hope yet for your ideas.
My nickname is Rey, Ben :wink:
And yes, hope will never die :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 02 Dec 2017, 04:31

My nickname is Rey, Ben :wink:
Sorry, both spellings of that name are used in The States. My mistake.

This might not be the topic to say this in, but I do implore you to be conservative with your additions to the Remake. You can always add new features later. It's very hard to take them back out without causing an uproar. Remember that KaM is meant to be an indirect-control city builder ;)
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 02 Dec 2017, 08:11

It's very hard to take them back out without causing an uproar.
I would say its just impossible.
No worries, I am not going to make Warcraft version of KMR.
But still, some reasonable city management is ok from my point of view, f.e. new resource 'take out' feature for houses.
<<

K@T

Blacksmith

Post 06 Dec 2017, 20:13

Is it possible to add a pause during a multiplayer game?
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 06 Dec 2017, 20:50

Its a good idea and it is in my ToDo list. But it looks like I will not have time for it now (for next release)
You can still use Back To Lobby feature, as many people do, just before end of PT, f.e. That is why this feature will have lower priority, then others.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 02 Jan 2018, 20:57

When a building is being built, a builder will often get stuck because another builder is already building on a tile that:
a) the first builder wanted to build on,
b) the first builder wanted to walk through, and he can't go around the second builder easily, because another building is behind the second builder.
In case a), the builder will stand and wait until the other builder goes somewhere else. In case b), the builder will go a longer route around the building. Both things are a bit annoying. Don't you guys think it would be better (and is it possible/feasible to do?) if the first builder could simply pick another tile to work on instead of waiting/walking the long route?

Another thing, concerning serfs and builders behaviour when making a building: I thought about giving serfs a walking priority when they bring stone/wood to a building in making, and a building builder is blocking their way. The builder would stop using the hammer for a while, let serf go through while not losing focus on the building, then continue using the hammer. This is a rough idea and the actual ingame implementation needs to account for the fact that usually there is a lot of serfs walking to a building plan etc. This idea would eliminate two problems that are completely random in this game (you can't really use micro against that) - when your builders lose focus and switch to build another, distant building; and when a traffic jam appears near a building site, because the serfs are unable to deliver the resources there. What do you guys think?
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 07 Jan 2018, 17:20

Hello!
Just a simple idea about the map list to the game.
Today I noticed that the new betas and releases contain a bit outdated maps.
Would be cool if there would be a button which could download the files from the KamRepos or MapDatabes from the forum.
So if a mapmaker would have a new modified map then he could refresh here on the forum.
Pros:
- The forum would always have the latest maps as mapmaker could upgrade the maps here.
- The New releases could have a smaller size as less map would have to be included.

cons:
-Need an always available site where all the maps, campaign are there.

The KamRepos could be managed by the mapmakers who owns their maps. So if a user uploaded a map then could delete it and upload it again, or could sign this map is outdatedm there is new version etc...
The game always would have the latest dedicated maps.
Frequently find maps which are one sided modified. For example a player given extra resources to his location meanwhile the rest of the players has disadvantage etc...

It's needs lot of work.

Another idea:
If a player want then freerly can registrate his nick name. It would not be obligatory! But after this could have make player statistics. Played hours, type of games, PT,speed, win/lost/left games, opponent player, preferrred maps etc... So If the player accept or registrated his nick then could get these type of personal stats.
This would need only a nick name and an e-mail address from the players. Most of them is registrated on the forum too. Or better, using the nick and the e-mail address from the forum for speciel overall player stats.
Okay this is just for further discussion

have a good day!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Jan 2018, 18:03

If a player want then freerly can registrate his nick name. It would not be obligatory!
If this happens, I'll be sure to jump on registering names for sado, The Dark Lord, Koczis12, Ben, and Prince Lothar.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 07 Jan 2018, 18:29

If a player want then freerly can registrate his nick name. It would not be obligatory!
If this happens, I'll be sure to jump on registering names for sado, The Dark Lord, Koczis12, Ben, and Prince Lothar.
Of course, an admin would troll all of them ;)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Jan 2018, 18:32

That is what admins are for ;)
<<

HellFriend

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 19 Jan 2018, 20:22

If i can i told you my view on ideas which are open for discussion.

Auto pause at the end of PT in replay viewer - I dont care about this idea (not a hate, i think its useless for me).

Pause in mutiplayer games - This idea is great but only if another player can unpause game. Cause some go for food or toilet or hes/her parents ask them for something. No each player want w8 for them.

Split hungry units from group (Discuss how to implement) - NO. If players dont want feed 30 units at one time, then dont link them.

Town Hall - I understand why creaters of remake remove this building but i have custom Campaing which i cant win without town hall. So add :) if you still think its op then remove it from MP.

Siege Equipment - Sige weapons yes. One of most op units in game. As createors of remake i think too its so OP but i have idea how to balance it. Remove od massive decrease dmg to units and increase dmg to Building. Result in MP will that playes cant play in wall of towers + 50 crossbowman or bowman as defensive army.

Shared control - If this is intended as one player can control n multplayer 2 basis or help hes friend to learn play is good Idea but in MP will be good if player can shutdown this option.

Take over disconnected players' army/village - This option i never saw in any game what i played. Its so imbalance if some player in your team
have great and you are under heavy fire you can in one time take hes village and attack from behind or on enemies village.

Move Vagabond from Town Hall to Barracks as a trainable unit - I dont understand why if you want add one unit you can move all of them or not ? you will still need gold or after treamtment horses, axes and leather armor(or without armor).

Ability to use marketplace to send resources to allies. - As in another strategies is this great idea. If is your ally in trouble with food or weapons you can support him. If you dont know fights you can also support your ally from start of game for protect. I agree :).

Ability to Delete an ally's buildings after he/she disconnects/is defeated. - This option is applicable only if you dont want lose time and wait for enemy which destroy him.(its doesnt matter for me).

Additional players in lobby (to allow more spectators) - Yeah this is too good idea 2 spectators are sometime a little
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 20 Jan 2018, 23:08

Split hungry units from group (Discuss how to implement) - NO. If players dont want feed 30 units at one time, then dont link them.
It's less about feeding a large group and more about how units get hungry one at a time, since in balanced games you need to constantly train units to help in the fight. It's a nightmare of clicking to separate hungry soldiers now.
<<

Mithrellas

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 26 Jan 2018, 21:26

I got always an idea of making a whole new line of units but the game will be less interresting then.
Like horses with shields and spear or horse with bows but will not work i think
The journey doesn't end here!

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”