Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

<<

HellFriend

Recruit

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 27 Jan 2018, 00:09

Re: Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

Split hungry units from group (Discuss how to implement) - NO. If players dont want feed 30 units at one time, then dont link them.
It's less about feeding a large group and more about how units get hungry one at a time, since in balanced games you need to constantly train units to help in the fight. It's a nightmare of clicking to separate hungry soldiers now.

Yeah i know how iyou mean it but I think its better as it is right now cause its harder think about supply army and you cant create army nonstop. Its one of reasen why is economy important equal as terrain and army strategy

And i have one ideas but it will cost so much work from developers.

Shippyard: sea house, Pirate Bay: sea house
3 more units - transport ship -(can trasport units ofc)
Galeon - can destroy only sea units and in fight as in melee units you cant control the ship.
Pirate sloop - same as mercenery but less strong and cost gold (same as in town hall if it will add back into game)

I think this can open more creativity in building map and add into game true medieval atmosphere :) and finally new war strategies
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 27 Jan 2018, 06:20

This idea is very stupid. I don't even know where to start. This game never had ships and introducing them would change the game so much that it wouldn't be KaM anymore. Ships don't really fit, neither the game, nor the balance, not to mention that every single map would have to be checked for how the ships work there. On top of that, it would require a lot of developer work for very little benefit. And the last thing, to everyone who suggests new units to be added to the game: do you know a graphics artist who will make new unit graphics/animations completely from scratch, for free, making them fit into KaM style?
<<

HellFriend

Recruit

Post 27 Jan 2018, 14:30

First - i said its very hard to create IT
Second - i said mean IT for new map not for old

But i know What your mean :/
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 29 Jan 2018, 19:13

As artistic idea for a building map is more suitable-> "fake ships" made with tiles.
Map name: The Bridge Ship-> 3v3 with a very big ship blocking a narrow river.
Through it you can cross armies from one land mass to another, and fight over the deck around the masts.
There are already battle maps with fake ships, but I don't remember having seen a building map with a ship as battle zone yet.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

HellFriend

Recruit

Post 30 Jan 2018, 14:49

What about women in game ? as baker , farmer, winebibber, etc
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 30 Jan 2018, 18:00

And do you know someone who will make the sprites for free, or as a gift?
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

HellFriend

Recruit

Post 30 Jan 2018, 18:21

nope :D but can be funny with women in game
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 30 Jan 2018, 22:48

nope :D but can be funny with women in game
Listen, it's not a crime to post useless ideas, but just don't be surprised that none of them will be in the game, okay? :P The ideas need to be somehow useful, and fit into the game. Also, I encourage you to try modifying the unit graphics yourself - it shouldn't be too hard to figure out (you can export graphics in the f11 menu, I don't remember right now how to use modified graphics though, so someone will likely tell you in a while - I think you need to include every modified graphic with unchanged name in KaMRemake\Sprites folder?) This way, you will notice how hard it would be to make new animations for even only one unit. You might also learn something new along the way, maybe you will become a talented artist this way? Good luck!
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 30 Jan 2018, 23:19

What if all ideas would be posted again from this topic? Only 174pages.
My idea is need to support all ideas! There is no wrong ideas only no idea. If need girl characters to to game then make them. Could we copy few girls from other games for the boWoman role? Grey hair blue eyes and a bow...thats all.;)
Was not this idea on the polosh forum before? If i remember well somebody made graphics too.
Oh please:
Do not forget the historical sentence:
We can do it!

;)
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 30 Jan 2018, 23:27

thunder, the difference is, you spam a lot of ideas as well, but even those that make no sense, are researched well enough and provided with enough details that the discussion about them is more interesting than a simple "we won't have it". I tried to show him the way to do it: instead of posting about ships or women in KaM, try to make ships or women in KaM. Thunder, your ideas made you learn how to script a little bit, you even let townhall happen in this game long before it was considered to be added (although that script was written by somebody else, if my memory serves me right), and you made so many maps that many of them are really cool which wouldn't happen if you weren't trying different and strange things all the time.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 31 Jan 2018, 13:54

you spam a lot of ideas as well
Of course, you know the rule of the big numbers :wink:
you even let townhall happen in this game long before it was considered to be added
Yes, on DYNAMIC SCRIPT level as research different possibilities without harm the official game. :wink: It' was bit different than what is going now in the game.
although that script was written by somebody else, if my memory serves me right
Yes, one was written fully by Andreus the others just let used script partially, but all is well and fairly written in all my script. -Used partially Ben, sado, Toxic, Andreus scripts mostly for understanding better what is going on. Oh and I'm not a programmer...just a baker in a small village who wakes when the cow says 'Muuuuuúuuúuúuúú'...

We know that new units and new animations needs more and lots of work but why we should stuck here where KaM is now? If girls are missing why could not give them on someway? I could imagine them in bakery, in towers, on field in farm, or even as bowman/or a kind of rouge units. I don't say make the game as Mario who is running for a princess, but why could not be this part of as a new project?

This could give new possibilities for the community members to try out themself in creating something for a free project. I even think sometimes the community is very passive to testing or discussing the ideas, or sign up the futures ways for the game. Every idea can be good. :wink:

The current Remake 6720 is already much more than just reprogramming KaM it is already something more. And why could not be much more on proper way?
New objects, new animations(mainly for uncuttable trees, but can be more type of units also-it can be woman also) etc...

So yes, re-read the whole topic maybe could be useful also :wink:
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 08 Feb 2018, 22:21

Hi,

Just to be here one more idea, based on the vinefield I would recommend to add new tile type what the laborers could dig anytime, and this would be lake/water tile. Of course using kind of cost as like 2 timber or stone etc..
I just opened the map editor and got a crazy idea and a secondary though had that why not could create lakes near around the fisher? So the fisher could get a new mechanism like feeding fish, I know this was already topic, but creating lakes could be a defensive thing too/ as like walls.
<<

Toxic

Rogue

Post 11 Feb 2018, 14:59

Idea: woodcutters will place tree as close as possible to the cutting point => they will use the smallest possible area to create forest (variance is also secured so forests will not be in grid).

Motivation: 1 Woodcutter needs cca 1/2 of his radius to build forest.

Impact: when you have 2 and more woodcutters with the same cutting point the final forest will increase till maximal woodcutter radius (elegant and fast solution how to make automatic radius):

Your feedback?
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 11 Feb 2018, 15:35

Idea: woodcutters will place tree as close as possible to the cutting point => they will use the smallest possible area to create forest (variance is also secured so forests will not be in grid).

Motivation: 1 Woodcutter needs cca 1/2 of his radius to build forest.
[img]...[/img]

Impact: when you have 2 and more woodcutters with the same cutting point the final forest will increase till maximal woodcutter radius (elegant and fast solution how to make automatic radius):
[img]...[/img]

Your feedback?
I think it's great idea that adds to strategy and micromanagement. Would love something like this for stonemasons too, since they mine the stone absolutely randomly. Not sure how good that would be for mp, but in sp it would make some mapmaking aspects much easier (both woodcutter and stonemason changes).
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

Post 12 Feb 2018, 16:46

Changing woodcutters behavior to plant trees as close as possible to a cutting point is changing the game further that it should IMO (for a Remake, at least). KaM is based on random numbers a lot (all fighting, all mining). Changing mining to be "efficient" will make the game look more "artificial", which is not inline with "good old KaM" feeling. On a game-design thought - that makes foresting a lot simpler and less taxing, which it should be (to be different enough from farming)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”