Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Register  •  Login

Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

<<

Ben

Prince Lothar

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 Nov 2018, 00:11

Re: Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

The Dark Lord wrote:All you need the market for is shown in my profile picture. Good day!

I can’t think of a more appropriate reply for TDL to post on a return from an absence. Here, here!
#thunderposting #greentornado
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 09 Nov 2018, 20:25

Actually the market can burn, I was asking about the tradings;P
Anyway it is not a bad idea. If a house is under fire then its production be slower or be stopped. I still dislike the labourers are sent to the enemy's archers to die. :wink: It could be a really good reason to feed them and keep them alive.
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 16 Nov 2018, 15:25

I am playing now r9700 and I am wondering why the fisher guys still fishes two fishes instead one!?? It should be one fish.
<<

Ben

Prince Lothar

Post 16 Nov 2018, 16:33

The Knight wrote:I am playing now r9700 and I am wondering why the fisher guys still fishes two fishes instead one!?? It should be one fish.

I find it funny that you bring this up now, as I was just thinking about this the other day. For those that don't know the history behind this, in original TPR, the fisherman caught one fish. I don't know the reasoning behind the following decision, but it was determined by the community that fish ran out too quickly in the original maps and campaigns. Fisherman were patched in SR2 to catch 2 fish (even though one fish would disappear from the lake) and wait twice as long before going to fish again. This was kind of a hacky method, but it worked to serve the community's goal.

In the Remake, we can control the balance of fishing much more elegantly. We could revert back to him catching one fish and instead change the mechanics of fish depletion.

But why? Fisherman have been catching two fish for years now. Going back to one would be another complication for players to consider that doesn't add any value to the game. And no, I no longer believe that just because something was in the original means that it is something to be desired.
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 16 Nov 2018, 18:14

Ben wrote:I find it funny that you bring this up now, as I was just thinking about this the other day. For those that don't know the history behind this, in original TPR, the fisherman caught one fish. I don't know the reasoning behind the following decision, but it was determined by the community that fish ran out too quickly in the original maps and campaigns. Fisherman were patched in SR2 to catch 2 fish (even though one fish would disappear from the lake) and wait twice as long before going to fish again. This was kind of a hacky method, but it worked to serve the community's goal.

It have a very simpel reason. :wink: In old TPR and the latest Remake release the fisher can't cancel his Job. So he would fish 30-40 fishes and after that the lake is empty. In this time the fisher guy eats..... and and and eat and eat. So he would eat "his own fishes" in the playtime of the mission. Pointeless. :mrgreen: We have changed it hundred years ago (SR2) and improve his "right to exist". ;)
But in r9700 you have added a posibility to cancel a citizen. So the fisher boy can again fish (in normal time) one fish, what's like in reality. I will call it an obsolete balancing change.

BTW
I would spend you 1 Million dollars for this function. Thank's good for it!!
www.knightsandmerchants.de
R. I. P.
<<

Ben

Prince Lothar

Post 16 Nov 2018, 18:23

I see absolutely no connection with being able to cancel a citizen and the amount of wares produced per job by a fisherman. This argument makes no sense to me :?

EDIT:
If you are saying that fisherman are too OP by cancel citizen job, then I suppose I understand where you are coming from. However, this simply can't be possible. By the time a fisherman has eaten more food than he has produced, the game would either be over or the food situation be handled. Even if you play for more than three hours, the cost of feeding a single fisherman is miniscule in comparison to the benefit of fast food early on from fish.
Last edited by Ben on 16 Nov 2018, 18:27, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: explained
<<

The Knight

Pikeman

Post 16 Nov 2018, 20:13

I only have given you the reason why we have changed it in SR2. So, if the cancel-job function have already exists in TPR, we wouldn't change the amount of fished fish.
So in my holy opinion you can "reset" it back to old TPR version for new Remake releases.

-peace
<<

Krom

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 17 Nov 2018, 09:29

KaM Remake food production is stable for many years now (~6?). I see no real reason to revamp it again (and rebalance fish counts in existing maps)
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 25 Nov 2018, 12:07

I think they should add different types of fish instead. Different waters contain different fish species! :D
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
Previous

Return to Ideas / Suggestions