Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 26 Dec 2016, 01:13

Re: Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

Hi!
What do you think about a button to the houses which could stop taking out the wares from the houes. It the opponent button of the close/open. Many time loosing serfs because they will go to house which is under attack etc.
I know, learn to play and then no need this kind of button:D
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 28 Dec 2016, 23:21

Hi!
What do you think about a button to the houses which could stop taking out the wares from the houes. It the opponent button of the close/open. Many time loosing serfs because they will go to house which is under attack etc.
I know, learn to play and then no need this kind of button:D
Hi! We have an idea of making 3rd state for 'ware delivery' button: take wares out. zblCoder posted video about it before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zX9vUKMy7A
Unfortunally he can not help us anymore, but I will finish the work. In video it works different from what you wanted to, so its good time to discuss now, how it should actually work.

First of all: we have in and out resources, and sometimes we want:
1) allow in and out (normal work) - implemented
2) do not allow in, allow out (close as it is now) - implemented
3) allow in, do not allow out - no need for this option
4) do not allow in and out (situation you described, when house has to be complitely unused) - not implemented yet
5) do not allow in, but allow using in res as out for other orders, also allow out res (like in video) - new 3rd state of btn, going to be implemented

So it looks like to cover all the options we need even one more state for delivery btn - Closed for in and out, so serfs will ignore the building complitely.

Also 'house closed for worker' button already implemented: when its 'on' then house owner do not go in it or left it, if it was working inside. Here how it looks: https://puu.sh/sOMEd/5e9944b51c.png
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 29 Dec 2016, 10:57

4) do not allow in and out (situation you described, when house has to be complitely unused) - not implemented yet
It would be case only when the player wwould not want to lose his laast serfs when they are wlking to tke out the wares from the house. Not really important.

About the red triangles :mrgreen: I know I wrote it many times but i have still lots of keyboards. :mrgreen:
inn.jpg
I'm almost sure this could give some early market thoughts also;) The foods would be tradable much easier. Not only in the early game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 29 Dec 2016, 11:20

Not really important
Wait first you said you want this button, now you said its not important anymore. Why have you changed your mind ? )

Can you explain again about red triangles... What do you actually mean and how this could affect early market rush strats. If you separately close delivery to inn then it could only help this strats if I understand correctly. You these red triangles only for inn or for some other houses too?

Without thinking about rush strats adding red triangles to inn looks good for me.
I added same thing to workshop: https://puu.sh/svnXl/00dca688b3.png
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 29 Dec 2016, 12:34

Okay, not as important than other stuffs and maybe would make the whole game more complicated? :? And most of the times if a player get that sitution, after not survive it for long time. So maybe not as important. Maybe would ask about other players also. I only though about the follow case: Serfs go in to weaponry for axes and after come out with it and get shot->loose the serf+axe also:S

About the red triangle to the inn. An average maps starts with around 140food. There are rush strategies where the food is not as important. So the players build village for shorterm. In this case could be useful when could control the food supliement of the inn. The citizens could eat only one type of food in that case. Normaly one citizens eat 1-3type of foods. Okay the hungry bar won't recharge 100%percent but for short games its not necesarry.
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 29 Dec 2016, 14:20

Ok, I c. Well for me it would be nice to have more options... But may be its too much here.
<<

Soulbanisher

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 04 Feb 2017, 16:01

I hope this isn't a topic yet but I didn't want to search all the replies either.
I was thinking about a + and - button beneath those numbers that say how many wood and stone a buildings in the making needs, to assign how many builders you want to be building a particular building.
Now they go all crazy running into each others way to a building in the making where a serf just delivered a resource on the left side of your village.
Meanwhile serfs are on there way to the building in the making on the right side of your village with every resource that building needs so the builders have to go all the way back.
If you have like 10 builders then you can assign 4 builders to the building on the left and 4 builders to the building on the right side, then you have 2 builders left to make roads, wheat tiles, grape tiles and repair other buildings if needed.

Hope you understand what i'm trying to say, I know these are not the most correct sentences but hey, I'm not englishman either :-D
Here is a screenshot to elaborate my idea a little. The red square is where I was thinking to put the + and - button.

<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 07 Feb 2017, 06:57

Nice idea. It will help city planning.
But not sure we have to make it, because game can become too easy :)
Interesting what community and Krom think about it
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 07 Feb 2017, 22:06

If I remember correctly, laborer count for buildings was adjusted according to building size (so very low for gold mine, very high for barracks). I agree that they still take up a lot of space on your roads and often block serfs in the process. That's just how KaM works, no matter how annoying. You can avoid it partly by planning your roads and buildings further apart. However, this decreases efficiency once they start producing and obviously takes a lot of space.
Personally I like changes like this, which give the player more power and make it possible for players to distinguish themselves by micro skill. Unfortunately many of such suggestions were rejected in the past because the KaM menu would become too 'cluttered' with all sorts of options like these (Krom's famous bus :D).
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Feb 2017, 22:34

Krom's bus. Yes, I am having flashbacks :) Also, you're right about laborers per building, Dark Lord.

Anyway, may someone explain to me what Soulbanishor is proposing? I unfortunately am unsure what it is, and would rather not guess.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

equalizer

Vagabond

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 08 Feb 2017, 16:45

Ben, he supposes the idea of manually assigning a max. number of workers to work on a building :)
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 08 Feb 2017, 16:50

I'm the past, I wouldn't have supported such a thing. Nowadays, I'm all for it. I'd even support being able to manually override a laborer's current task by selecting him and right clicking a new target.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 08 Feb 2017, 17:28

In the past, I wouldn't have supported such a thing. Nowadays, I'm all for it. I'd even support being able to manually override a laborer's current task by selecting him and right clicking a new target.
I'm curious: why this change? (?)
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 25 Feb 2017, 14:18

Hi!

Is there any possibility to increase the numbers of the spectators from 2?
Or make the games opened for spectating? -Of course the host could enable/disable this function.
What if the spectator seats would be shared as another lobby? So in that case that seat would be watchable by another 8 player?
Thanks!
<<

Rey

KaM Remake Developer

Post 25 Feb 2017, 16:42

Hey, thunder!

With current network structure it is not possible, because every player (even spectator) generates events, which have to be transfered among all other players (and specs), so every next player/spec significally increase number of net packets, so lots of lags/disconnections could happen.
But we have an idea of making some optimisations there, so after that it could become possible. Btw, we have an Issue about it on github, https://github.com/Kromster80/kam_remake/issues/194

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”