Re: Official KaM Remake Ideas topic

NEVER NOT FORGET!
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Dec 2012, 17:26

Some ideas:

1) Clicking on allied soldiers shows a button that enables one to feed his ally's soldiers
This will enable more teamwork, and also increase the bond of trust between team members. On very large maps, this could also be useful if you are defending your ally's base; which could be very far away from your own. Instead of bringing your soldiers back during feeding time your ally will feed them for you.

2) Being able to disable "This house is not occupied" messages from coming
When I run out of gold or food, I'm stressed enough as it is. All these messages just tick me off :P

3) Make road, wine, and field blueprints stand apart more
My Grandpa, in his age, often has a hard time telling the difference between the road, field, and wine blueprints. Perhaps they could stand apart a little more? This would make the game more accessible to more people.

4) Give bowmen and crossbowmen and attack bonus against towers (or all buildings).
This might seem unusual, perhaps unrealistic (although we could consider it "flaming arrows" :)), but it will cramp the style of those who like to sit back behind 20 towers and drag games out. Lewin said that we should come up with offensive tactic ideas, and this suits that well.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Krom

Knights Province Developer

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Dec 2012, 05:23

@Ben

1. Interesting idea. I'll add that to our ideas list.

2. We have a similar idea to allow to block citizen from taking a house (placing a red cross on citizens logo in house). With that enabled messages will be mute too.

3. Maybe you could place overriding graphics which has more distinct features. You need to put new 4_105 .. 4_108.png into Remake\Sprites\ folder. That will replace default ropes sprites.

4. That could possibly work, especially if we add some flame t default arrows )
Knights Province at: http://www.knightsprovince.com
KaM Remake at: http://www.kamremake.com
Original MBWR/WR2/AFC/FVR tools at: http://krom.reveur.de
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Dec 2012, 15:26

Is there a way to change the colors of the player colors in the Remake?
<<

Bo_

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 05 Dec 2012, 15:30

I like the idea of feeding allies, could add some tactics on certain maps. I'm thinking about Paradise Island where the locs with only leather could use the excess amount of food to feed the iron soldiers, or 1 player who just makes food to feed all his allies, it really sounds enjoyable. :)
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 05 Dec 2012, 15:31

Agreed, I like the idea. Will add more teamwork to the game. :)
<<

Bo_

Knight

Post 05 Dec 2012, 15:32

Let's also add the feature to feed ducks that would be so great.
Kick fast, think Bo.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Dec 2012, 15:34

TO be honest: I would be totally content to just sit back and send food to my allies. :)
<<

Post 11 Dec 2012, 19:55

The next version of the Remake should enable a player to delete his ally's builds if the ally has left.
<<

Bence791

Knight

Post 11 Dec 2012, 20:03

How about no?

What if rehost is a good option? Then just destroy your allies' town? Traitor, go die.
The Kamper is always taking my colour!

<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 11 Dec 2012, 20:14

The next version of the Remake should enable a player to delete his ally's builds if the ally has left.
It was already proposed, and I think devs are aware that this is quite important.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 11 Dec 2012, 22:24

How about no?

What if rehost is a good option? Then just destroy your allies' town? Traitor, go die.
In most of my games, we just play without the leaver.
<<

Lewin

KaM Remake Developer

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Yahoo Messenger: lewinlewinhodgman

Post 12 Dec 2012, 02:07

Currently rehosting is way too much effort for most people to do it. We plan to have a button for the host "Back to Lobby" that saves the game and returns to the lobby state, allowing new players to join if someone left. The save file will automatically be transferred to any new players that join, and then you will be able to start the game from where you left it, but with a new person replacing any leavers. IMO this means destroying allied buildings is not necessary.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 12 Dec 2012, 18:22

Currently rehosting is way too much effort for most people to do it. We plan to have a button for the host "Back to Lobby" that saves the game and returns to the lobby state, allowing new players to join if someone left. The save file will automatically be transferred to any new players that join, and then you will be able to start the game from where you left it, but with a new person replacing any leavers. IMO this means destroying allied buildings is not necessary.
This sounds great! However, can we still delete an ally's buildings if that ally is defeated? This only makes sense. What if my ally took all the gold "spots" and then was defeated by our enemy. If the game was still in operation, the only way to get those gold spots back would be if the enemy destroyed my ally's buildings, which he obviously wouldn't.
<<

Kridge

Crossbowman

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 12 Dec 2012, 18:45

I had an idea the other day. It concerns a multiplayer gamemode: How about an instructional gamemode?
I will explain how I envision this.

- One (or maybe more) player is the "teacher".
- The rest of the players is learning, and are all allies (also with teacher).
- AI as enemy.

Now, you say what would be the improvement over just all teaming up and setting one slot to AI?
Well, I was thinking, *since shared control is being planned*, you could make the instructor have control over the other players towns as well, so he can help and point things out.

I came with this idea when I tried to introduce the game on a LAN-party, where no one had ever seen the game before and you want to get playing quick. So you could show them in this manner how to play, some tips and tricks etc. Also, for new players in general this could be great.

*as far as I know.

EDIT: It doesnt have to be a whole new gamemode, but if this could be possible with the shared control feature, it would be great imo. Amazing combined with TeamSpeak.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”