KaM Remake Ideas!?

<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 05 Nov 2011, 21:20

KaM Remake Ideas!?

Hey :D

I have not found a rubric in the website for ideas for the Remake.
I know..it is not all possible..but here some ideas from me:

-Market, with you can trade with other persons...(Maybe a programbuilding, in that one serf of me go in the market and bring wood..and the friend?s serf come with one stone..and than they go out, with the other recourse?!?!)
-Country-Flags and Stone walls only for beauty :D
-Maybe like in The Settler?s IV,(you know the game???)-->A mode, who player produce at first..for example 100 breads...
-Passwords for private sessions(I think, I see this idea before?!)
-The TPR Army(I think, this think is in progress,too...or will be in progress!?)

And the last thing....maybe a little firewall or antihack...because of the version now, you COULD hack online and offline.... HAHA I dont do this...but it was an idea to block/kick the person, if someone do that!

If somebody has more ideas..you can write it here down.

Mfg

:arrow: pawel95
You aren´t a good player if you have a good PT-Army. You should be able to use it correctly!

You want cheap new Computergames? No problem, you will get them here: https://www.g2a.com/r/pawel95
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 05 Nov 2011, 21:47

For everyone's information:

Please stop spamming ideas that have nothing to do with the Remake's most important 'mission': remaking Knights and Merchants.

I keep seeing everyone's wild ideas and all, but (although there are some good ideas) keep in mind that the Remake is not completed yet. Most of the ideas have nothing to do with Knights and Merchants whatsoever, or are ideas that would be nice 'mods', but certainly shouldn't be in the normal game.

I can imagine Krom and Lewin getting very frustrated by all ideas, because most of you think it's implemented within a few days. The work they are doing is tremendous, and they're not even getting paid! Please don't make their life even harder by spamming ideas that have nothing to do with the Remake trying to 'copy' TSK.

I know all of your ideas are meant well, but please, before you post, think twice about your idea. Is it useful for now? Maybe you can keep it for later? Lewin and Krom currently have their hands full on the work that's still to be done, and spamming ideas for the future won't help.

So please, only post ideas that would really improve the NORMAL KaM gameplay.

Thank you.
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 05 Nov 2011, 21:54

@Pawel
eh, dude, almost everything you mentioned was mentioned before and at least half of it is accepted.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Nov 2011, 21:55

eh, dude, almost everything you mentioned was mentioned before and at least half of it is accepted.
What? :roll:
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 05 Nov 2011, 21:56

srry, it was @Pawel
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Nov 2011, 21:57

srry, it was @Pawel
That explains it :wink:
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Nov 2011, 21:58

O, and by the way, who are you to decide what would be NORMAL KaM gameplay.
I think you should read my post a bit better.

I'll give you another chance :) If you still don't get what I'm trying to say, then you can ask again, I'll explain :wink:
<<

GreatWhiteBear

Knight

Post 05 Nov 2011, 21:59

Not mean to upset you but I'd rather have none but Krom or Lewin decide what would be NORMAL KaM gameplay.
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Nov 2011, 22:01

Not mean to upset you but I'd rather have none but Krom or Lewin decide what would be NORMAL KaM gameplay.
You didn't read my post again, did you?

Where, I ask you, do you read that I decide what 'normal' KaM is?

If you would've read my post better (or think a little longer), you'd know that 'normal' KaM = KaM TSK (or TPR for that matter). It's really not that hard to understand, really. I'm really wondering where you get the idea from that I would be the one to decide what 'normal' KaM is.. :?
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 05 Nov 2011, 22:03

@Pawel
Yeah, ok than it?s good and fine :)
You aren´t a good player if you have a good PT-Army. You should be able to use it correctly!

You want cheap new Computergames? No problem, you will get them here: https://www.g2a.com/r/pawel95
<<

pawel95

Castle Guard Swordsman

Post 05 Nov 2011, 22:05

You didn't read my post again, did you?

Where, I ask you, do you read that I decide what 'normal' KaM is?

If you would've read my post better (or think a little longer), you'd know that 'normal' KaM = KaM TSK (or TPR for that matter). It's really not that hard to understand, really. I'm really wondering where you get the idea from that I would be the one to decide what 'normal' KaM is.. :?
Yeah...Please not competing. I think the tradehouse now is not NORMAL kam,too. But it is the Lewin/krom...etc. Remake of KaM!

<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 05 Nov 2011, 22:09

Yeah...Please not competing. I think the tradehouse now is not NORMAL kam,too. But it is the Lewin/krom...etc. Remake of KaM!
You are right about that.

I'm not saying all ideas are bad, on the contrary! We would all benefit from new features that are well considered.

What I'm trying to say (and what you and GWB probably misunderstood) is that I'm reading so many ideas that have nothing to do with KaM-style or KaM whatsoever, that I can't imagine how Krom and Lewin must be feeling. All those useless ideas (unlike the good ideas!) must drive them crazy. The work they're doing is huge! Constantly spamming ideas that aren't well thought through are just putting more pressure and workload on them.

All I'm saying is that ideas should be well considered more before posting them here :wink:
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Nov 2011, 00:37

Maybe Lewin and Krom are offended by all these ideas, maybe not.
Me? I just like talking about them. Before we had mission editors, we would talk about what kind of missions we would make...
People like talking. This is a forum: let them talk. :wink:
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

T*AnTi-V!RuZz

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Nov 2011, 00:44

Maybe Lewin and Krom are offended by all these ideas, maybe not.
Me? I just like talking about them. Before we had mission editors, we would talk about what kind of missions we would make...
People like talking. This is a forum: let them talk. :wink:
I totally agree with you, let there be no mistake.

The point I'm trying to make is that, I see all kinds of ideas being posted. A lot of good ones (luckily), but also 'ideas' that haven't been thought through or just things that have nothing to do with KaM at all (or don't fit with the game itself).

I encourage good ideas and discussion about them. I just want to prevent a topic full of 'ideas'-spam where people can't even tell the right ideas from the wrong.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 06 Nov 2011, 00:54

Hmm. Perhaps this is where politics come in?
I encourage good ideas and discussion about them. I just want to prevent a topic full of 'ideas'-spam where people can't even tell the right ideas from the wrong.
Agreed, people shouldn't post without thinking. It isn't hard to read one's own post before sending it.
However, what pawel95 was saying really wasn't a problem. At least I don't think so. All of what he said is founded with a good idea (except for the country flag thing. Too silly and pointless)

I actually like the economy race thing. Imagine this: A 4-player game where everyone is on the same team, but the first one to get 10 of each weapon wins.
Sounds pretty cool, don't you think? I'd love to program missions like this. let's say you were making a campaign. It is currently autumn in the campaign and your people must gather food for the winter. So, in mission 2, you must gather 200 loves in less then 2 hours, with 2 hours representing the time before winter.

However, the game needs to be finished first, but I don't think it hurts to talk about it.
I used to spam this forum so much...

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”