Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Spectator slots

<<

JulianSnow2

Woodcutter

Post 26 Jan 2018, 12:04

Spectator slots

Yesterday eve I played a game with some poeple and the host had the spectator slots open. But the spectator was the last to check "ready" and that took us almost 3 minuts. Ofcourse the host could've kicked him, and I don't know why the host didn't..

Have had this problem for a couple of times and sometimes the, hard to find, other online players leave the lobby because of this.

Might be an idea for the spectator slots to be "ready" at all times. Since they don't take actual part in the game, why wouldn't they be ready ?

How do other people think about this ?
<<

RandomLyrics

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 26 Jan 2018, 18:04

Re: Spectator slots

yes, spectators should have forced ready.
Last edited by RandomLyrics on 27 Jan 2018, 03:53, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 26 Jan 2018, 18:56

Yesterday eve I played a game with some poeple and the host had the spectator slots open. But the spectator was the last to check "ready" and that took us almost 3 minuts. Ofcourse the host could've kicked him, and I don't know why the host didn't..

Have had this problem for a couple of times and sometimes the, hard to find, other online players leave the lobby because of this.

Might be an idea for the spectator slots to be "ready" at all times. Since they don't take actual part in the game, why wouldn't they be ready ?

How do other people think about this ?
I think this is pretty much standard across other RTS games with spectators. I'm totally fine with it. It was a huge improvement when spectators would not get their read-status changed to "not ready" when a vote-to-lobby passed (often spectators would not notice this, and have to be kicked). I think this full implementation of "always ready" is helpful.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 26 Jan 2018, 19:22

Solution could be simple: if somebody takes/gets spec slot immediately gets the ready status too.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 27 Jan 2018, 23:28

Solution could be simple: if somebody takes/gets spec slot immediately gets the ready status too.
Yeah that also works well enough, but what if the person is assigned to spectator? It's kind of a double insult to get assigned to spectator and then banned. At least the guy could stay without being kicked if he stepped away for tea.

Maybe we should have a checkbox for the option "auto ready spectators"? :mrgreen:
<<

_Totengraeber_

Serf

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 13 Mar 2018, 19:16

I also think there should be a checkbox to auto ready specs!

Another suggestion I have, as we are already in the lobby is to add timestamps to the chat, if possible.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 13 Mar 2018, 21:38

"checkbox" - interesting idea. :D
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 14 Mar 2018, 01:27

I also think there should be a checkbox to auto ready specs!

Another suggestion I have, as we are already in the lobby is to add timestamps to the chat, if possible.
If you have an unrelated suggestion, please post it in a new or appropriate topic.

Also, plz no chdckbox
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 14 Mar 2018, 08:37

Why a checkbox would be needed? It will be better to have spectators automatically ready all the time, I can see no potential downsides of that approach.
<<

Just_Harry

Rogue

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 17 Oct 2018, 09:23

Maybe we should a checkbox to disable/enable the checkbox for ready/not ready spectators. :D

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”