Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Ping and attack

<<

Tiank

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 25 Aug 2017, 08:30

Re: Ping and attack

@Rey: spam delay seems to be about right now :)

Last word about beacon voices - I think it is possible to find something in creative commons. I can search for something that will fit. Translations might be a problem, but not necessarily, since it would be 2-4 short sentences, so we could either ask KaM translators and active KaM players from different countries to help or just search those sentences with the help of internet translator ;).

But yeah, more opinions on beacons in general would be the best for sure.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Aug 2017, 11:10

The goooooo0ooooooglle translator pronance much better than anybody;)
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 25 Aug 2017, 11:11

oh, and knows many languges and dialects;) even can speak female and male voices too. :P
<<

sado1

Council Member

Post 27 Aug 2017, 10:26

Remember that we often use beacons in a "directional way": when we want to show the teammate to move from A to B, we have to spam beacons. This means that 1. anti-beacon-spamming features might make this harder to do (need to see the delay ingame to be sure if it's a problem though), 2. this could be improved somehow. We either need a directional beacon (click once to set A, click for the second time to set B, and the game will animate something with an arrow/line/whatever going from the point A to the point B), or we need beacons to "fade out" with time - this way, older beacons could be distinguished from the newer ones easily (so the player will know which way we wanted him to move).
<<

Tiank

Knight

Post 27 Aug 2017, 10:32

we need beacons to "fade out" with time - this way, older beacons could be distinguished from the newer ones easily (so the player will know which way we wanted him to move
I agree, fading beacons would be great! And it seems a lot less complicated than connecting beacons.
Without honour, victory is hollow.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 27 Aug 2017, 17:48

All this debate on beacon spam is wasted in my opinion. Instead of preventing good intentions and limiting the game, can we please just have the option to mute players? Mute a player, all communications are cut off, beacons included. That way reasonable people can play the game as intended without being punished for the actions of internet filth.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 27 Aug 2017, 20:37

Or lets just ban this internet filth from the game altogether. :D I vote Kamper!

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”