Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

Ways to fix marketrush on low pt.

<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 07 Dec 2016, 14:12

Re: Ways to fix marketrush on low pt.

Opinions differ, and that's ok. Thunder says that 55-70 is almost perfect, Ben sayd that 60 is dead. To be honest, i agree that 60 is dead. That's why i want TH to be added to remake. It will resurrect 60 pt at least. But Krom don't allow us, because of "mono-recourse". We can equip TH units only for gold when for every barrack unit we need gold+something. And in his opinion, the problem is in this fact, though i tried to tell him that cities won't be mono-recourse oriented, because only TH army loose to complex one.

As for 120 pt, it is playable, why not? We just need a big map with plenty of recourses and wide place for battles. Though there are almost no maps for this. I think that's because of lack of fans.
But some game process things can't make 120 pt unplayable. Moreover, all units can be used there! This is more balanced that 60 in this case :D

And as for short games, we have one many times called problem - market. And this is really stupid thing, that if there were no 0-30 pt tournaments, then this game mode is only for fun. Now it's really for fun for a short time, because all the fun disappears when you see this market rush. After this all your wish to play it disappears forever.
Esthlos' idea is still great, and i don't see any cons either. If so, why we shouldn't implement this?
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 07 Dec 2016, 18:01

Yeah, different opinions and different visions. Hard to match them. About the Townhall enough if check the goldchect challange how much abusable it is. Over 650goldchests/60minutes with a small base. At first would have to balance the curent game's economy parts and after put/implement the townhall into the game a speciel way.
Ben sayd that 60 is dead.
Well, a point of view I can agree with this. This point is the strategy. If I think on game above normal and fun level then yes, there is only one very good strategy which is better then the other. If somebody will make very differently that means will get very hard times. So from this strategical aspect it is dead.
And still the dynamic scripts of view also dead. Players are bored to play 60. Rather play 120PT*3*3...
And from Ben aspects also undertand why dead, maybe because many ancient players are not playing KaM anymore or frequently. unfortunately. :?
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Dec 2016, 19:37

For the sake of advancing forward in the low pt game support, I can support disabling trading away your food in the early game (That was Esthlos' idea right?). If this can bring about the implementation of the townhall into the Remake, then that would-- for me at least-- be great.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 07 Dec 2016, 20:15

I can support disabling trading away your food in the early game
I would support it but only with dymaic script or with speciel map settings, because the original idea of the fixed market was if somebody would make a mistake in the early game then would have chance to fix it. Like no stone/ or no trained unit etc... almost the food is the only thing on the maps what you can trade to fix your base. And the fixation will takes lots of time so that mistake completly write out from the game.
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 07 Dec 2016, 20:44

I think having dynamic scripts to support this, for the time being, is good. It will make testing simpler and quicker :)
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Jeronimo

Knight

Post 09 Dec 2016, 17:45

The simpler solution is to play under Gentlemen Rule: No Market Rush (allowed after 30 minutes).

In my opinion, "No PT games" will only work when serfs and labourers can defend themselves from enemy militia rush (so a few soldiers cannot take your base easily without a chance to recover it).
One script that would be nice to see implemented for the testing, is to give every citizen a minimum combat value (25% attack as the lance carriers).
Serf after serf, the enemy militia in your base blocking the roads, will get weakened and die without ranged support.
After such script, we could see if Marketrush is worth or not.
KaM Skill Level: Jeronimo
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 09 Dec 2016, 21:58

Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

Post 10 Dec 2016, 09:21

Gentlemen rule is not enough. In this case you could play without setting peacetime in lobby, and like real gentlemen, say that peacetime is 60 and play. But as you remember from 2411, it doesn't work :D

As for lack of recource, fails with gold: if you have timbers and stones to build market, i think that you have them for trading too. So, there's no problem.
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 10 Dec 2016, 10:28

It would be a radical solution but the market is called a 'lategame' building so why not just simply delete/disable in the short PT games? :mrgreen:
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 10 Dec 2016, 13:15

why not just simply delete/disable in the short PT games? :mrgreen:
Finally, someone speaks with wisdom! I approve! However, why not extend this great idea to a full ban for the whole game? :D
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

Post 10 Dec 2016, 14:30

why not just simply delete/disable in the short PT games? :mrgreen:
Finally, someone speaks with wisdom! I approve! However, why not extend this great idea to a full ban for the whole game? :D
The player who would be the first with a lightener to destroy market :mrgreen:
Because the market abusing problem is in the lower PT games and the long games implemented it on fine way;) :wink:

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”