Trade with other players

<<

Vanlotz

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 18 Aug 2016, 14:32

Trade with other players

Hey,

when I play KAM Remake I very often form an alliance with my friends, but we think the alliance is more useful
if you can trade with other players in the alliance. Maybe you can add this function to the market place, if two players want to trade
and both of them have an market place they can choose what they want to trade, if the deal is acceptable for them, they can
click "Trade" or something like this and the minions bring the traded goods to the market place. Then, when all trade goods are in the market place,
they change. For example, one player want to trade stone and the other want to trade iron, the minions bring the stone and the iron into the market place
and then the trade goods change, the first player has the iron now and the other the stone. Then the minions bring the goods into the warehouse and thats it!

In my opinion this function is very important for an good alliance and it would make the multiplayer mode even more fun. In the middle age the settlements trade too,
it would make KAM even more realistic.

I would be glad if this suggestion would be accepted :)

Vanlotz

PS: Please forgive me my bad english I don´t use it very often :D
<<

thunder

Moorbach's Guard

KaM Skill Level: Fair

Post 18 Aug 2016, 19:35

Re: Trade with other players

Hi,
If I know well there is a script mode which able to send wares to your mates. Is that called 'CARAVAN' script?
Bests!
t
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 19 Aug 2016, 02:21

It really should be part of the base game. I'm very sad it was never implemented.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

vovets1

Sword Fighter

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 04 Nov 2016, 00:01

It really makes game easier. Your ally failed with wood? Send him 6 timbers and he'll be ok. Butcher is hungry? 5 sausages and he's ready to dismember swines. You failed with gold and your ally has extra 20 recruits. Send him weapons. Ofc it can add some strategics with distributing of duties (focus on food, iron, etc). But is it worth it?
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 04 Nov 2016, 18:26

It really makes game easier. Your ally failed with wood? Send him 6 timbers and he'll be ok. Butcher is hungry? 5 sausages and he's ready to dismember swines. You failed with gold and your ally has extra 20 recruits. Send him weapons. Ofc it can add some strategics with distributing of duties (focus on food, iron, etc). But is it worth it?
I think the Market shouldn't be in the game at all... I mean, the strategies it allows are nice and the building itself is very well done, but maybe wares magically turning into one another doesn't really fit KaM; making it able to exchange wares between players might damage map locations balance too, as for example a loc with lots of free space would be able to make all the food for its iron-producing allies instead of having to go for a massive 100% leather army.

(Bookmark this page, it never happens that I don't like an idea while Ben does... usually it's the other way around :mrgreen: )

Anyway, what about adding a "customs duty" (this should be the correct translation)?
E.g. for every 10 wares traded between players, 1 (the first?) is paid to the market for the service... this, if appropriately tuned, should allow the use of the market for the strategies you mentioned while allowing them to stay balanced with the current "everyone for himself" playstyle.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 04 Nov 2016, 22:30

The time required to deliver wares to a market (where they would then appear in ally's market) might be enough to offset the bonus with giving tribute. If not, a tribute fee could indeed be added. Of course we will never know, because this will never be implemented.
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 05 Nov 2016, 13:54

It really should be part of the base game. I'm very sad it was never implemented.
I was very sad when I found out the true purpose of the marketplace, instead of what I thought it would/should do... which is, obviously, trading between players instead of trading with Gandalf or Dumbledore.
<<

sado1

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 05 Nov 2016, 16:46

I was very sad when I found out the true purpose of the marketplace, instead of what I thought it would/should do... which is, obviously, trading between players instead of trading with Gandalf or Dumbledore.
Or perhaps with... THE DARK LORD HIMSELF!
<<

The Dark Lord

King Karolus Servant

Post 06 Nov 2016, 16:02

Dark Lords don't trade, they just take. :P
<<

Vanlotz

Peasant

KaM Skill Level: Average

Post 20 Nov 2016, 19:32

so there isn´t a way to trade with other players? Aren´t there mods or something like this to make trading with other players possible? :´(

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”