Map Database  •  FAQ  •  RSS  •  Login

If I was King of KaM...

<<

Ben

Former Site Admin

Post 20 Nov 2015, 17:01

If I was King of KaM...

...and I made all the rules and choices and could just make things happen like *that*, I would have a RC with the following features/changes:

-> +15% (more of less) increase in attack for militia, axefighters, scouts (axes way too weak, can hardly kill bows from anywhere but rear(and even they they can suck))

-> Pikes and (especially) lances get an increase in their bonus against horses (maybe an extra 10%, 20% respectively)

-> Ability to send wares to your ally (via marketplace. I've already said how I would do it)

-> Rework of many trades in the marketplace, as well as how the marketplace works. For example, coal trade would be 3 coal -> 2 trunks (since 1 -> 1 is too strong and 2->1 is too weak), return of 1 sausage -> 1 timber, 1 fish -> 1 corn, 5 stone -> 1 coal (These trades were interesting and not abusable (on reasonable maps) Others....

But I'm not the king of KaM (how sad!) so I cannot make this happen. Instead, I'll just post them here so we can argue and bicker and have lots of KaM spam. Yay!
And as always, the Kamper always wins!
I used to spam this forum so much...
<<

Esthlos

Knight

KaM Skill Level: Beginner

Post 20 Nov 2015, 17:35

Re: If I was King of KaM...

-> +15% (more of less) increase in attack for militia, axefighters, scouts (axes way too weak, can hardly kill bows from anywhere but rear(and even they they can suck))

-> Pikes and (especially) lances get an increase in their bonus against horses (maybe an extra 10%, 20% respectively)
Taking advantage of the law of large numbers and of a little math, you can get a good approximation of these changes through Dynamic Scripting, which would allow to test them.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Nibo The Destroyer

Barbarian

KaM Skill Level: Skilled

Post 20 Nov 2015, 18:25

If i was the king id set a tower limit on EVERY map! of like 10 towers or so..

If i was the king id remove al the small bushes that sometimes make you to build a road to the entrance of a building that is 3x longer then it couldv'e been..

aaandd a lot of other things
Et ego vici
<<

Killer!!

Sword Fighter

Post 20 Nov 2015, 20:19

I only want to say that I completely agree with the points of Ben.

I think that only philosophizing about these topics isn't enough.
It's nice to dream about these possibility's, but I think there is still a lot of room for improvements in the Remake.

So I want to ask Lewin and Krom wether it's possible to test some ideas which we are discussing about here?

I know you are very very busy with your new project Knights Province, which is absolutely amazing, but it would still be nice for us hardcore KaM fans, to see some new activity regarding the Remake.

I don't say this has to be done today or next week... But maybe we can start thinking about an idea of a new RC for new ideas and new developments.

Again don't feel pressured for this :D not at all!
It's just a silly post from a big KaM fan :)

Greetings,

Siem
Do you want to play with/against me? Just write me a PM :D
<<

Vatrix

Council Member

KaM Skill Level: Veteran

Post 25 Nov 2015, 19:32

So I want to ask Lewin and Krom wether it's possible to test some ideas which we are discussing about here?

I know you are very very busy with your new project Knights Province, which is absolutely amazing, but it would still be nice for us hardcore KaM fans, to see some new activity regarding the Remake.

I don't say this has to be done today or next week... But maybe we can start thinking about an idea of a new RC for new ideas and new developments.

Again don't feel pressured for this :D not at all!
It's just a silly post from a big KaM fan :)

Greetings,

Siem
I fixed The Shattered Kingdom and The Peasants Rebellion here!
<<

thibmo

Council Member

Post 10 Dec 2015, 10:36

There are some edits and enhancements done already, there just need to be more interesting/big changes before a new release would be pushed. :P
~~ The magic wizard of PascalScriptus. ~~

KP-Wiki :
  • Information about Knights Province scripting ( unofficial )
  • Information about several hosting/server maintenance basics
  • Other random stuff
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 10 Dec 2015, 11:23

...and I made all the rules and choices and could just make things happen like *that*, I would have a RC with the following features/changes:

If you can get a few players to use the attached unit.dat file. you can test these changes in multiplayer.

Remember to backup the original file, or you won't be able to play the unmodded multiplayer without going out of sync!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way, even though it may seem silly or wrong. You must try! - John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"
<<

Esthlos

Knight

Post 10 Dec 2015, 12:07

Just in case anyone else cares, I've ran a little test to compare Ben's modifies vs the unmodified game.

Test setup:
Army 1: 30 Axe Fighters, 30 Crossbowmen
Army 2: 20 Sword Fighters, 45 Bowmen
Units split, no storming, let the ai manage both armies.

In the unmodifed game:
Army 1 won 122 out of 500 battles (24%).
Shortest/average/longest battle duration: 31/60/106 seconds.

With Ben's modifies:
Army 1 won 187 out of 500 battles (37%).
Shortest/average/longest battle duration: 35/62/107 seconds.

Return to “Ideas / Suggestions”